Matrix Medical

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Randy Dobbs

Happy Associate!

Director (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsThe company is growing and with that come pains, however it is a great time to be employed with Matrix Medical Network -- company is on the cusp of big things in the Healthcare space and are doing a lot of exciting things!

ConsMy commute - but the company supports car-pooling and I NEED to look into that!

CEO speaks of caring for seniors, however, only driven by the bottom line.

Nurse Practitioner II (Current Employee)

ProsPays well and offers company vehicle.

ConsQI and coding dictate documentation and do not offer assistance but are used as punitive and punishment.
    Middle managers are inexperienced and lack leadership but excel in dictatorial and punitive actions. Executive leadership is absent nurse practitioners, physicians and RNs. This causes conflict in communication and work ethics.

Advice to Senior ManagementEliminate the "good old boy" system and get some qualified, experienced managers. Support the nurse practitioners that are paying everyone's salary. Make QI and coding a support department instead of 2 departments that dictate outcomes of HRAs.

This place is a sweatshop.

Scrum Master (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsAmenities like pool, darts, and console games.

ConsHorrendous work environment. The arrogance of the founding members permeates the entire company "culture". This is a start-up that has grown in size, but lacks experience and maturity. Founding members who are largely obsolete or unqualified continue to be promoted, leading to a living hell for the professionals beneath them. Having worked at 6 different tech start-ups, Ascender Software takes the cake for the worst possible working environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo away with your archaic hierarchy. Transform into a technology company, not a healthcare company that uses technology. Stop promoting resources from within to management; move out of adolescence and hire professionals instead of only valuing loyalty.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The only benefit to working here, are the benefits.

Member Relationship Coordinator (Current Employee) Clearwater, FL

ProsHealth, dental, vision, all good. Paid time off. Bonus possible with high metrics achieved. Incremental raises possible based on production.

ConsCompletely unorganized company. Constantly changing leadership. They have no IT department in their Clearwater office which they DESPERATELY NEED. The computer system they've "created" rarely works without issues.
         There is a lot of "down time" with "training opportunities." The training and quality departments are complete disasters & have been for a long time. There is no uniformity in how qualify is decided.They advertise a sales job under the guise of customer service. They utilize archaic sales techniques & demand higher results.
         There is ZERO room for advancement unless you consider moving from one unorganized department to another a"promotion". They are "cutting costs" on the only fully functioning program they have in place to fund "New ideas" causing high turnover. Their attendance policy is unfair and not clear. They demand professionalism but hire anyone that walks in the door.
         They have outgrown their currently location so everyone is packed in like sardines. The bathrooms are constantly being cleaned our repaired so employees are forced to walk to anther building to use the facilities and given warnings when going over by even a second on their allowed break times.
         They give bonuses to almost everyone so the amounts are low in comparison to other call centers in the county. They change the "incentive plan"monthly and you never know exactly how much you can expect. The managers are paid bonus based on team production but have little say in the hiring process.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet organized. I could offer so much more advice but let's start there.

taking a decline

Prosbenefits, some managers, employees if you are part time it is a dream job, but they don't offer it any more.

Conson the surface, the company wants to present itself as one that is ethical. when it comes down to it, they ignore it and give praise to the employees who sacrifice their life and values to the company as long as they are making them a lot of money. they expect you to work 12 or more hours a day, but claim you only work about 7. very little work life balance despite them trying to convince you otherwise. you will work your days off or drown in emails. too many computer systems and not enough money invested in centralizing a company portal. having different applications for requesting time off, expense reports, daily work, emails, etc etc is cumbersome and unnecessary in this day and age.

Advice to Senior Managementthere is a huge divide in what the ceo says and what middle managers present. now that the company has grown, you are burning out your front line employees and falsely advertise that there is work life balance. there is little to no creativity in scheduling, and little growth or opportunity for nurse practitioners in the field. live the mission or quit preaching it.

Amazing Leadership!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsMy peers are amazing to work with. We support each other. It is good to finally be working in a team environment. Everyone is there to help the other. The leadership team is amazing as well. Even our CEO is very approachable and is always seen speaking with us employees. He seems to have employees' best interest at heart. I enjoy working with my supervisor who is the VP of recruiting. He is very supportive and he believes in all of us. He recognizes hard work and talent and gives us opportunities to grow all the time. Our Director is very kind hearted as well. She is very personable and we all enjoy working with her. I have never been happier in a career and I can honestly say this is a place that I could retire from.

ConsI don't see them as "Cons" but challenges. We are a growing organization and I understand the hardwork needed to accomplish our goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease continue your transparency and commitment with employees. Thank you for listening to feedback from us and encouraging a team atmosphere.

I have been given the opportunity to advance my career within the company and I enjoy my job now more than ever!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsFair payscale, opportunities for advancement, growing company, values employees, did not raise healthcare costs, hires friendly people, listen to employee input, new ideas are received well

ConsLots of change due to rapid growth results in some confusion as the changes are implemented. Needs to be a centralized place where employees can go to perform tasks like scheduling PTO, making travel plans, inputting expense reports, and getting company news and shared information. Right now, there are too many separate programs, drives, websites, etc. (and separate passwords for each) where we have to sign in in order to accomplish these tasks. Can't they be combined under one umbrella?

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is key as the company continues to grow and changes are made. Regular reviews of your performance would be nice. I think it would be great if we could also review our supervisor on a regular basis.

Not bad for a call center.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEveryone has their own station.

ConsLet's just say that some practices should be questioned.

Sales job hidden under a Customer Service title...

Member Relationship Coordinator (Former Employee) Clearwater, FL

ProsBenefits are a great price on a per pay check basis and the wait time was short.

ConsWas not a fan that this was a sales job but it is described as a customer service position. There was a ton of favoritism which makes it hard to meet the metrics, especially if you have a later shift.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen hiring for the job, advise the candidate that it is a sales position along with some customer service skills.

A call center with no direction

Mail Clerk (Former Employee) Uniondale, NY

ProsWhile I didn't work under the managers of the call center my boss was understanding for the most part and listened to me when I knew more about the operations then she did. She would be open for suggestions on improvements for the field I was in.

ConsI was micromanaged to the point where I couldnt do my job effectively at times. The office was really gossipy and there was no sense of direction on where the company was going.

Worked for Matrix Medical? Contribute to the Community!