Matrix Medical Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.6
Walt Cooper

Pros
  • The company is growing fast, so people are being promoted fast and they are hiring like crazy (in 6 reviews)

• Good benefits and that is about it (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • very little work life balance despite them trying to convince you otherwise (in 4 reviews)

• Having worked at 6 different tech start-ups, Ascender Software takes the cake for the worst possible working environment (in 3 reviews)

1. Customer service/call center

Former Employee - Posting/Billing Specialist in Mableton, GA
    Former Employee - Posting/Billing Specialist in Mableton, GA

I worked at Matrix Medical (Less than a year)

Pros

My strengths are in customer satisfaction,I specialize in results

Cons

Not being able to learn grow or advance

Advice to Management

I will be a great assets to your company and very advanced at demonstrating core values

2. Customer Appointment Setter

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Matrix Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed some of the people that I worked with. There was a good training program.

Cons

The company asks the people in this position to be on a phone where robo calls are being made to elderly customers of various insurers. The company provides in-home wellness check-ups to customers of advantage plans. It sounds good, bu the company is very deceitful. First, the appt setter identifies themselves as being a part of the insurance company. The consumer is then asked if they would like to participate. Even if the consumer is in good health, the job is to present a case (according to a script) for accepting the visit. There are 'coaches' listening in to be sure that protocol is followed and coaching to sell the visit happens weekly. The calls moved from one every 10 seconds, to one every 7 seconds while i was there and there is an expectation of a certain amount of calls and a certain amount of acceptances of the visit per day in order to keep your job. There are bonuses for those who perform the best. If your integrity is in tact, it will be difficult to stay with this company. Lots of lies- the rally call for appointments set is "lives saved", when in fact it is really 'money made'. The company was taken over by Venture Capitalists during the month that I was there. And six sigma policies were being enforced. The whole raison d'etre of this company borders on elderly harassment and abuse.

Great Company and Culture

Current Employee - Administration in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Administration in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Matrix Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Culture and Company. Everyone has a voice and is supported. Company is growing year over year. We do work that enriches the health and well-being of the members we support. Everyone is focused on executing to our mission, in the best way we can, in a changing market. I work with colleagues who enrich me personally and professionally every day. Great place to work!

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. The Health Care industry is evolving rapidly, thus, company and employees need to be flexible and adaptable.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

5. Growth and Possibilities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

I have been with the company for almost 5 years and over that time there has been significant change. All driven by growth, opportunities and drive to excellance. With that came the opportunity for me to: Become more than that i can ever expected. Be supported by great managers over that time (and I have had 3, each one amazing) Growth through change and seeing bigger picture and options Being able to share my ideas to people with open minds Recognition of hard work With the continued growth, has provided the opportunity for employees to grow together to create something better. That has helped to create a wonderful team environment and place I truly love to work.

Cons

If you are not accepting of change or being challenged in your ideas (to help drive solutions) then this is not the place for you. One of the greatest lessons here is the ability to take a step back and see what is for the best in the situation. Have to be able to not feel attached to outcome. Due to growth it is hard to establish a work / life balance. Encouraged to do so, but to actually find the time is difficult.

Advice to Management

Work to invest time and money in providing tools and training on site for staff. Create more opportunities for growth / career path. Sometimes with a company our size that can be hard, but a very well educated group only adds to success.

6. Growing company with eye on the future of healthcare

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Matrix Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people Matrix hires are intelligent and personable. I love working with them! Obstacles are always overcome and the company has plans that will both grow the company and help it survive the coming changes in the healthcare industry. The tremendous growth of the company affords upward mobility in your career path.

Cons

The changing industry requires constant flexibility. This is not the fault of the company but you will experience a lot of change while working here. This can be unsettling for some people.

Advice to Management

Yearly reviews need more structure as your immediate supervisor doesn't necessarily know the best way to communicate the specifics on your performance for the year. Maybe a form that supervisors must go through during the review meeting?

Member Relations Rep

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Matrix Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers and location. Clearwater location but really Largo. Moving to larger building in about a month. Some supervisor are aware that business isn't well run but do their best. Other supervisors take advantage of the situation to mis-represent what they are doing.

Cons

Company was fluffed to look really good. Sold the end of 2014 and the temporary fixes are being disclosed. Lack of business,weak/self involved local management, money spent on the wrong things, no solid picture of where the company is going. Very difficult to feel loyal to company when it changes direction every month.

Advice to Management

It's pretty clear when you have 3 sr leaders in the top local slot in 1 year, something isn't working. The current one is all nuts & bolts...let's try this...off in that direction, no, let's try this, off in another direction. His direct reports all brown nose hoping to out last him...how long have the prior ones lasted? Managers, directors, and VP need to go. New management could then decide which supervisor are worth keeping.

8. No Customer Service

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Pros

Good Schedule and great Supervisors. Especially Eric.

Cons

It became a stressful sales job. Management were much more concerned with appointments then providing customer service

Advice to Management

Do NOT forget the population you deal with. Customer Service is a VITAL piece to any company!!!

Matrix Review

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Matrix Medical full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Growing company, good benefits, good life and work balance. Overall a fairly pleasant place to work within the correct expectations.

Cons

Some mis management and lacks ability for growth opportunity. Inefficient meetings scheduled by managers. Old fashioned due to management level players.

Advice to Management

Too many ineffective meetings and lack of direction in these meetings. Some managers are truly poor at managing people. Experience does NOT equate to a good manager! This is business management 101.

10. nurse practitioner

Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Waxhaw, NC
    Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Waxhaw, NC

I worked at Matrix Medical (Less than a year)

Pros

salary, support staff, supplies, technology

Cons

travel, member demand, company cut backs, difficulty getting vacation time

Advice to Management

none, management is generous and suppportive

11. It's Been Great So Far

I have been working at Matrix Medical (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been with the company for 6 months and have loved it. It's true there is a lot of focus on metrics, which is intended to drive profitability. If you are comfortable having your performance measured almost daily, then this is a great place to work.

Cons

The company needs to do a better job forecasting business. Some areas are amazingly busy and growing, other areas are under utilized.

Advice to Management

I've worked in healthcare for 10+ years. You can have both quality care and profitability, need to do a better job communicating how to achieve both to the people who actually do the work.

RSS Feed </> Embed