Matrix Medical

Updated September 10, 2014
Updated September 10, 2014
2.9

Randy Dobbs

This is the most awesome company I've ever worked for.

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Matrix Medical full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay is competitive
    The company is growing fast, so people are being promoted fast and they are hiring like crazy.
    Work-life balance is good. You pretty much make your own schedule as long as you get your work done.
    My supervisor is awesome. No hovering or micro-managing. Expectations are reasonable.
    SO MUCH FREE FOOD!

Cons

The company is going through some growing pains. Sometimes it is hard to get all of the resources I'd like to get my job done. Data management practices are still being improved. My direct management tries to make sure I have everything I need though. They always address my concerns and try to help me succeed.

Keep up the good work.

Stable company that rewards its employees

Former Employee - Member Relations Coordinator  in  Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Member Relations Coordinator in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Matrix Medical full-time for less than a year

Pros

Has a lot of perks and rewards. Good trainers and training. You are accepted immediately as part of the team and has reward gatherings to build team morale. Steve Tatarian was the most dynamic boss I have had to date. Transparent, approachable, intuitive, sharp and funny. He is a great leader.

Cons

Set the expectations too high. Not enough nurses to cover the demand. Script changes are ridiculously stringent and constantly changing. Supervisors can make it or break it. Turnover of management or profit sharing and growing; too fast has ruined many companies that I have watched get too over zealous and company goes under. Not enough consistency in supervisor expectations.

My main concern when a company does really well, really fast is they get greedy. They want more, more, more! They get caught up in the RUSH of money.
    Stop. Take a breathe. Evaluate. And move from a place of confidence, not pressure.

Credentialing Department, lots of work very little acknowledgement.

Current Employee - Credentialing Assistant  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Credentialing Assistant in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Matrix Medical full-time for less than a year

Pros

Staff pleasant to work with. Great atmosphere when brand new about 2 -3 weeeks of starting.

Cons

No job security, huge turnover, over abundance of hiring, most of staff that was great to work with found other employment elsewherer. Management bad mouths previous employees in meetings. Management forgets about current employees training and adding them to company meetings and/or email changes.
    Low pay and job title with high job duties.
    Upper management never introduced themselves.

Remember current employees not just newly hired. Build on team already have instead of looking for someone else all the time. DON"T FORGET ABOUT EMPLOYEES ALREADY WORKING FOR YOU.
    Unprofessional to speak negatively about previous employees to current staff.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Potential

Former Employee - Member Relationship Coordinator  in  Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Member Relationship Coordinator in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Matrix Medical full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great co-workers, great supervisors, the pay is great and the benefits are great

Cons

Zero job security--Matrix's main program, in home health assessments, is mandated on a yearly basis by the federal government. So if they decide not to fund that this year, bye bye job! Also, there are a few other companies out there that do the service for cheaper; obviously companies are always going to be sold on price over quality and/or additional services. Recently, they have been trying to expand in to other services, such as follow up care, respite care, etc. but I doubt that will change much in the end.

No job security

I have been working at Matrix Medical

Pros

Good benefits and that is about it.

Cons

The number of quality, professional people that have been randomly terminated from the company is staggering. Senior management appears nice to your face but will stab you in the back in an instant. Questionable and unethical practices occur daily. Practitioners out in the field are overworked and underappreciated. Overall a very toxic and unhealthy working environment (especially for a company that claims to be a healthcare organization.

Have some respect and appreciation for employees that allowed the growth of the company to happen (recognizing that it was them, not you, who made it possible for you to have your high-paying job before you let them go) and reward them rather than fire them when you think they have outlived their usefulness.

CEO speaks of caring for seniors, however, only driven by the bottom line.

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner II
    Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner II

I have been working at Matrix Medical full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pays well and offers company vehicle.

Cons

QI and coding dictate documentation and do not offer assistance but are used as punitive and punishment.
    Middle managers are inexperienced and lack leadership but excel in dictatorial and punitive actions. Executive leadership is absent nurse practitioners, physicians and RNs. This causes conflict in communication and work ethics.

Eliminate the "good old boy" system and get some qualified, experienced managers. Support the nurse practitioners that are paying everyone's salary. Make QI and coding a support department instead of 2 departments that dictate outcomes of HRAs.

This place is a sweatshop.

Former Employee - Scrum Master  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Scrum Master in San Diego, CA

I worked at Matrix Medical full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amenities like pool, darts, and console games.

Cons

Horrendous work environment. The arrogance of the founding members permeates the entire company "culture". This is a start-up that has grown in size, but lacks experience and maturity. Founding members who are largely obsolete or unqualified continue to be promoted, leading to a living hell for the professionals beneath them. Having worked at 6 different tech start-ups, Ascender Software takes the cake for the worst possible working environment.

Do away with your archaic hierarchy. Transform into a technology company, not a healthcare company that uses technology. Stop promoting resources from within to management; move out of adolescence and hire professionals instead of only valuing loyalty.

The only benefit to working here, are the benefits.

Current Employee - Member Relationship Coordinator  in  Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Member Relationship Coordinator in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Matrix Medical full-time for more than a year

Pros

Health, dental, vision, all good. Paid time off. Bonus possible with high metrics achieved. Incremental raises possible based on production.

Cons

Completely unorganized company. Constantly changing leadership. They have no IT department in their Clearwater office which they DESPERATELY NEED. The computer system they've "created" rarely works without issues.
         There is a lot of "down time" with "training opportunities." The training and quality departments are complete disasters & have been for a long time. There is no uniformity in how qualify is decided.They advertise a sales job under the guise of customer service. They utilize archaic sales techniques & demand higher results.
         There is ZERO room for advancement unless you consider moving from one unorganized department to another a"promotion". They are "cutting costs" on the only fully functioning program they have in place to fund "New ideas" causing high turnover. Their attendance policy is unfair and not clear. They demand professionalism but hire anyone that walks in the door.
         They have outgrown their currently location so everyone is packed in like sardines. The bathrooms are constantly being cleaned our repaired so employees are forced to walk to anther building to use the facilities and given warnings when going over by even a second on their allowed break times.
         They give bonuses to almost everyone so the amounts are low in comparison to other call centers in the county. They change the "incentive plan"monthly and you never know exactly how much you can expect. The managers are paid bonus based on team production but have little say in the hiring process.

Get organized. I could offer so much more advice but let's start there.

Happy Associate!

Current Employee - Director  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Director in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Matrix Medical full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company is growing and with that come pains, however it is a great time to be employed with Matrix Medical Network -- company is on the cusp of big things in the Healthcare space and are doing a lot of exciting things!

Cons

My commute - but the company supports car-pooling and I NEED to look into that!

taking a decline

I have been working at Matrix Medical full-time

Pros

benefits, some managers, employees if you are part time it is a dream job, but they don't offer it any more.

Cons

on the surface, the company wants to present itself as one that is ethical. when it comes down to it, they ignore it and give praise to the employees who sacrifice their life and values to the company as long as they are making them a lot of money. they expect you to work 12 or more hours a day, but claim you only work about 7. very little work life balance despite them trying to convince you otherwise. you will work your days off or drown in emails. too many computer systems and not enough money invested in centralizing a company portal. having different applications for requesting time off, expense reports, daily work, emails, etc etc is cumbersome and unnecessary in this day and age.

there is a huge divide in what the ceo says and what middle managers present. now that the company has grown, you are burning out your front line employees and falsely advertise that there is work life balance. there is little to no creativity in scheduling, and little growth or opportunity for nurse practitioners in the field. live the mission or quit preaching it.

Worked for Matrix Medical? Contribute to the Community!