Matrix Resources

Updated September 15, 2014
Updated September 15, 2014
4.1

Lambert Chandler, William Gower, and John Scarbrough

Great company to contract with in Atlanta.

I have been working at Matrix Resources as a contractor

Pros

I absolutely love working with this company. I do a lot of contracting, and the benefits and compensation typically offered by Matrix are usually better than their competitors in the area. Their staff are professional and proactive. They are serious and don't try to play weird games with salary/compensation. If I have a question I can get it answered by someone almost immediately. Great benefits.

Cons

They don't always have a wide variety of open positions in the core areas of development that I enjoy looking in. They need to figure out how and where to get more leads. Other than that, the opportunities they do get are usually great,

Keep the proactive recruiters and don't keep the non-performers around. In the past my time was wasted by less proactive recruiters and non-performing management. As of this writing (Sept 2014) the staff I'm working with in Atlanta are great again. Reward performing recruiters with bonuses and better pay.

Love working for MATRIX!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Matrix Resources full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The culture is fantastic. Great people and great management who really care about their employees and keeping them happy. The employees here really do value building relationships with their consultants and helping them get the position they deserve.

Cons

Competitive environment so it can be challenging at times - worth it though!

Great place to work!

I have been working at Matrix Resources

Pros

Very caring management. Working at Matrix has been a very nice experience. They truly care about their employees and its a great place to work.

Cons

I cannot think any cons

Be more agressive to make changes that will allow you to be number one in the country.

sharp team of account executives and recruiters

I worked at Matrix Resources full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Established client based with very strong relationships. Most of the sales and management team have been with the company for a long time. Good benefits for consultants

Cons

More team building activities would be a bonus

One of the Better Staffing Firms

Former Employee - Senior QA Specialist in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Senior QA Specialist in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Matrix Resources as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

- Above average benefits package for consultants ~free training, contribution to major medical health insurance, 401k (non-match) etc~
    - Recruiter and Account Coordinator checked on me monthly to see how I was doing.
    - Met with my Account Manager regularly to discuss how the job was going.
    - Pay was decent.
    - Went above and beyond when there was an issue with my paycheck
    - Conversion from Contractor to Permanent was seamless. Out-processing was easy.

Cons

- None really
    - Did not reimburse parking when the other firms were

I wasn't an actual employee, just a consultant placed in a job. They treated me very well and the benefits package was very good for a staffing firm.

Good job of not letting all of us feel like commission checks and actually treating us like people.

Best IT Staffing Firm in Atlanta!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Matrix Resources full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexibility, Great culture, Solid Leadership!

Cons

Management could communicate better and more frequently

Great People - Shady Leadership

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Matrix Resources full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They are a very successful company that has what it takes to get the job done. I didn't meet a single person there that I would say that I "dislike." They also do what they can to help.

Cons

There is a huge divide between the leadership and the employees. They will swear to you that everything is fine, until one day they decide that your job will be moved or discontinued. It almost seems like they decide to fire managers on a whim if they come in feeling like the job wasn't being done quickly enough. It's their company and they can do it how they want, but it doesn't mean it's conducive to an enjoyable environment for everyone.

Communicate. Not just to the lower-level employees, but to each other. When one manager/director believes everything is fine, they relay that to the people that report to them. Then, when you decide to change things, that manager looks like they had no idea what they were talking about. Truth is better than fluff. Lose the fluff, and respect the employees enough to be honest with them.

Does what an staffing company is supposed to do.

I have been working at Matrix Resources

Pros

- Quick onboarding
    - Payment always on time
    - Medical & Dental benefits

Cons

Little to no communication regarding how the position is working out once you start working.

I've been largely ignored

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Matrix Resources as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I got a job I never even applied for... Matrix found my resume online and called me about a job. Great for me, as I didn't have to do a thing, but seems like a kind of cheap tactic for a staffing agency to use.

Cons

The coordinator I worked with was pretty rude and unhelpful, I haven't heard a peep from the company since my assignment started. I "technically" work for matrix, but I am certain I am nothing more than the cut they take from my hourly salary to the company as a whole.

no idea who you are or what you do, which I think says enough about the company

Great experience so far

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Matrix Resources full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Work at a location of your own choosing and with your existing skill-set. They provide online training for you to enhance your career opportunities. Also, the compensation is according to the market and the skill set in demand.

Cons

I am a consultant working for them on an hourly basis. No paid holidays yet.

Benefits can be improved more as to retain employees (salaried or hourly)