Matt Martin Real Estate Management

Updated November 20, 2014
Updated November 20, 2014
2.0

Matt Martin

It was a great learning experience

I worked at Matt Martin Real Estate Management

Pros

New company with great upside and potential

Cons

Needs better communication of overall vision to all affiliated business sectors.

Not a good company

Former Employee - Title in Coppell, TX
    Former Employee - Title in Coppell, TX

I worked at Matt Martin Real Estate Management full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Some of the people are nice.

Cons

The company is so disorganized, no sense of direction. They expect you to know how to do a job with no proper training. Management has no clue of what is going on or how to handle the workload.

Need to work on your people skills and training.

The Worst...Poor Leadership, Constant Changes, Very Inexperienced Management

Former Employee - Anonymous in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Frisco, TX

I worked at Matt Martin Real Estate Management full-time

Pros

Paycheck, decent co-workers, nice location

Cons

Revolving door of employees including managers. ( that should say something) Rate of pay for amount of work, management does not listen to those on the ground doing the job day in & day out, morale is low, constant fear of losing job as layoffs are constant. They let several people go with no warning. It is true they do play favorites even when the "favorite" is dead wrong.

Listen to the people doing the job and putting in the work that really know what they are doing. You will be more successful in the long run. Also put the right people in the right roles.

Growing Organization

I have been working at Matt Martin Real Estate Management full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Benefits, PTO, Learning & Development, MMREM University (online learning portal), friendly culture, very open to new ideas and ways of doing things, "perks" (ex. free coffee, nice supplies, two monitors, etc.), fun events with the team

Cons

Growing pains associated with a newer/growing company; compensation - pay increases or performance management tied to merit increases would be helpful.

Develop a clear mission and vision, and communicate that to the staff. More clear communication regarding the changes that are happening with the organization.

Outstanding Place to Work!

Pros

Wonderful Co-Workers, Outstanding Benefits and Very Competitive Pay. Several satellite companies and the ability to work with people from various backgrounds. A Powerhouse in the Mortgage Industry.

Cons

Company is still evolving and there are several growing pains. Fast paced company not a good fit for a person who is used to repetitive work natures.

Unstable

I have been working at Matt Martin Real Estate Management full-time

Pros

Benefits are good. The concept is good, however can be improved.Nice coworkers. Lot of potential for this type of business.

Cons

Management needs management training. From HR to Senior and especially middle management. High turnover. Poor direction from leadership.

Hire great leaders who can coach others to become great leaders.

Business model failing

I worked at Matt Martin Real Estate Management full-time (more than a year)

Pros

all bank holidays considered PTO, sad but that is it.......

Cons

no growth, no revenue, poor business development

find a direction and stay the course

DO NOT WORK HERE!!!

Current Employee - HOA Researcher in Coppell, TX

Pros

None besides a paycheck you will be miserable working here.

Cons

I do not recommend this company to anyone PERIOD. No one deserves to be talked to or treated in the way this company treats their employees. I can say this is the worst company I have worked for thus far. Job security is nonexistent, they will brag about how few people have remained there since the company started in 2011 but there is a reason for this. Not only are the people they call "Team Leads" have no mortgage experience what so ever they have no knowledge of the corporate industry. I as a woman have been appalled by some of the things people are allowed to wear. there in no shortage of T&A, but is mandatory you could not wear jeans no matter what you are wearing.(i.e. yoga pants, runners wear, flip flops, overexposed body parts). Team leads speak to the employees very disrepectfully. I've been call ungrateful and a liar by my own team Lead and told to "get out" by another 5 minutes before my shift was to end because, "I cant be sitting at my desk doing nothing." (Said in those exact words). Certain teams do not even posses the manner to look you in the eye while speaking but choose to give you very direpectrul body language/ figiting and looks everywhere else but at you while speaking to you/with them.Work is very scarce you spend more of your day acting as if you are busy then having actual work to do just so you will not be demeaned or disrespected bt team leads. Their management style is fear driven. Fear of getting fired. Fear of getting wrote up. HR is trying to provide structure but has to get rid of all team leads and managers to get the bad taste of disappointment out of employees mouths. I feel this company gave me the good 'ol bait and switch I first came to the company with high hopes and actually believed in what they were trying to do. This was a major let down for me. When there is work avaliable they are not challenging task to complete but they make it the way because 1.management has no idea of what the mortgage experienced employees skills and capabilities are 2. The team leads make a very simple process by "QC_ing" accounts which entails if you capitalized or lower-cased the appropriate letters 3.NO STRUCTURE or SET RULES favoritism runs rapid 4.employess are talked down upon. The benefits are better than nothing but worse than okay. No security name badges or anything along those lines. Only the good I can say is they provide you with a paycheck but the pay isn't good.

Unprofessional pressure cooker.

Current Employee - HOA Researcher in Coppell, TX

I have been working at Matt Martin Real Estate Management as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Some of the people you work with make it worth it.
    It is a somewhat relaxed environment if you are not paying attention.

Cons

No room for growth (unless you are a lead or specialist favorite), stressful goals set without property training or preparation, and it seems the ones of us on the floor are looked down on by the ones in the offices. There is no communication because it seems the ones who have asked questions find themselves without a job.

Just stop. You show that you have no intentions of running a decent company so just stop trying. Everybody is about to drop deuces on you.

Save yourself!

Former Employee - Data Entry in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Data Entry in Austin, TX

I worked at Matt Martin Real Estate Management full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Apparently there are profit sharing bonuses....

Cons

Turnover rate is astonishing. There is maybe one or 2 people that have been with this company since inception. Lots of one year-ers, even more folks with just months. Upper management bicker amongst themselves. Some trying to hold the company together. Profit Sharing bonuses promised are often late to be paid out, could be because upper management takes "team building" and attend "conferences" often with their families depending on where the conference is. Also upper management spends (what could be considered as bonus money to their employees) company funds on "Business development trips" to luxurious destinations inviting our industry folks at the cost of MMREM. Hopefully the bonuses promised make it to the hard working employees....

You all are doing a fantastic job!