Mattress Firm Reviews

Reset
3.5
Mattress Firm CEO Steve Stagner
Steve Stagner

Pros
  • If you are good and land in the right community then you can make good money (in 17 reviews)

• It provides great training for all employees (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • But Mattress Firm works hard to provide a healthy work/life balance (in 53 reviews)

• Long hours which does not provide a good work-life balance for a mother like me (in 80 reviews)

1. Featured Review

I LOVE THIS PLACE!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Mattress Firm full-time

Pros

I have been with Mattress Firm for over 8 years. WOW! I was blown away with the training and opportunities that were at my finger tips.The growth and opportunities are incredible. Earning can be lucrative an the guaranteed draw provides confidence in a commissioned pay scale. The culture here is fantastic! My coworkers have become my close friends and more like a family. The community service involvement makes me proud to represent Mattress Firm in my community.

Cons

This is a retail sales position. If you are looking at any retail position consider that you may have to work Saturdays. Consequently, this is a plus during the week when you can run errands!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great culture and fun work environment.

Mattress Firm Response

Aug 19, 2015 – Vice President Talent Management

Happy 8 years with MFRM-- it's time for your Rejuven8 Sabbatical! Thanks so much for taking time to leave a review- it's awesome to hear you enjoy the growth opportunities, culture and community ... More

2. Manager on Duty

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Mattress Firm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Outstanding opportunity to learn and grow from the bottom up! Great income potential. Job stability with an organization that prides itself on guest satisfaction & quality product. Educational opportunities and mentors to help you improve your skill sets. Motivating atmosphere - great to be part of such a dynamic team.

Cons

50+ hour work weeks

3. Store Manager

I have been working at Mattress Firm full-time

Pros

The pay is really good and everyone I work with is a TEAM player! The upper management is always there to help and make sure that you receive.

Cons

The hours are long but the management is amazing at helping to make sure you still have a personal life.

5. I love my job!

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Riverview, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Riverview, FL

I have been working at Mattress Firm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay structure is gr8! I have all the resources and training I need to be successful. I am able to interact directly with guests and improve their lives and build relationships!

Cons

The only bad thing about working are the long holiday weekends. But those are the times you make the most impact on the guests and your paycheck, so it's more of a "wash" than a "con".

Advice to Management

I feel completely comfortable with my local leaders! I know that they are reliable, lead from the front and always equally have my, the company and the guests interest in mind.

6. Mattress Firm

Current Employee - Manager In Training in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Manager In Training in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Mattress Firm full-time

Pros

Everyone is friendly from top to bottom, everyone is understanding of learning abilities, and the sort. Great compensation structure. Great benefits. Great incentives.

Cons

Lots of travel at my level (M.O.D.), it's a lot to learn (meaning that this is a specialty business and there's a lot of specs to learn and different things on top of all that.) Benefits start at 60 days. Days can get boring when there's no guests.

7. I love this place!

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Mattress Firm full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The culture here is like no other. It's a family. We care about each other, our company and most important the community we serve. The ability to grow is unlike any other! Great people to work with, great pay and a great work life balance.

Cons

It's retail. The hours when you do work are long. We work weekends and holidays. It's commissioned sales so you have to produce if you want to get paid.

Advice to Management

Dms need to spend more time in stores. The administrative part of the job keeps them form spending the time necessary to develop and build stronger relationships with members of the team.

8. Amazing Company To Work For!!!!!!!

Current Employee - ASM in Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - ASM in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Mattress Firm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with Mattress Firm for over 4 years. WOW! I was blown away with the training and opportunities that were at my finger tips.The growth and opportunities are incredible. Earning can be lucrative an the guaranteed draw provides confidence in a commissioned pay scale. The culture here is fantastic! My coworkers have become my close friends and more like a family. The community service involvement makes me proud…

Cons

Best career move I've ever made was taking this job.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Sebring, FL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Sebring, FL

I have been working at Mattress Firm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salary, benefits, and the way the entire company treats their employees & customers is 2nd to none!!

Cons

Long hours and though the training is superb, sometimes the long training sessions can be too much.

10. Long hours? see below

Current Employee - Mattress Firm Store Manager in Kissimmee, FL
    Current Employee - Mattress Firm Store Manager in Kissimmee, FL

I have been working at Mattress Firm full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Advancement opportunities available for everyone. If you are motivated, this is the place you'd want to work. Very customer service oriented company loaded with talented and supportive staff. Pay is above average and medical benefits are in line with what's out there right now. Been with Mattress Firm going on twelve years and I've always enjoyed the family work environment, and you will too.

Cons

Long hours, but of course it's retail. Could they be a bit shorter? Yes. Constant training and development at times feel like a drag, but it's all meant to make us better regardless of how I feel. Extended hours on Holiday weekends, I can't stand them. Working every Holiday except for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter Sunday is disappointing as I am never able to travel to visit family and friends.

Advice to Management

Please come up with a system to work around the 10 hour days, like 1/2 work day whenever possible. Reducing vacation blackouts on major holidays on occasion would be awesome. Liked to see compensation plan tweaked a little better.

11. Love it here

Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Mattress Firm full-time

Pros

This is an amazing company to work for. They care about their employees & take feedback seriously. They provide online training classes everyday so you can learn as much as you want and grow or move up in the company as much as you want, as quick as you want. My superiors have given me everything I need to continue to move up with the company and make a career here. They throw us really awesome Christmas parties, too!

Cons

10 to 12 hour work days, work extended hours on holidays, work weekends, this job could be demanding for a parent of young children.

RSS Feed </> Embed