Matura Farrington Staffing Services

4.9

Gary Matura

Ethical Recruiting Firm

I worked at Matura Farrington Staffing Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The two owners are genuine people who care about their employees, clients and candidates. They give their employees every competitive advantage that they can realistically afford. Minimal micromanagement empowers their recruiters to run their own desks without the unrealistic quotas demanded by other agencies that drives down customer service and quality. Owner's generously hire recent college graduates. Training them into junior recruiters and paying competitive salaries. The junior recruiters gain valuable business skills and assist the tenured recruiters in filling their demanding orders helping both clients and candidates. Owners also provide excellent work - life balance, a rarity in the staffing industry. Competitive base salary and commission.

Cons

Outdated applicant tracking system
    Limited internal growth
    Benefits are decent. Would be better if the organization offerred a 401k or other retirement plan

Keep on trucking and open an office in San Francisco!

One of the best places I have ever worked.

I worked at Matura Farrington Staffing Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I had the unique experience of starting at Matura as a recruiter and then ended up as one of their clients after I left. I think that speaks for itself as my experience was so good with them that I continued my relationship with them when I went on to work at my next employer. Gary Matura is terrific and was a great mentor. He was always open to questions and was extremely approachable. The office is very collegial and I was able to make life long friends there. I have nothing but positive things to say about the company and would highly recommend them to prospective employees.

Cons

I don't really have any cons. I personally was just ready for a change and wanted to go in-house but if that wasn't the case, I would have stayed for many more years.

Excellent company, wonderful management/owners

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Matura Farrington Staffing Services part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Gary Matura and Karen Farrington, the owners of the company are great. They have an open door policy and it always seems like most employees feel quite comfortable coming to them with any concerns or needs. The company is highly ethical and has a good work-life balance. A great place to start a career, or continue on an already successful path. They currently have a really nice group of employees, really great people to have as co-workers.

Cons

None really. I have worked for the company for almost 10 years, and they have been great to me.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I cannot recommend a better run recruiting company than Matura Farrington.

I worked at Matura Farrington Staffing Services

Pros

Gary and Karen, the owners, are excellent managers. They have first hand experience in recruiting for years, and they know how to lead and train a staff for success. They have fair expectations and are well versed in conflict management. Not only are they strong leaders, but they are two of the nicest people I've met. Leaving this company (to pursue other industries) was probably one of the hardest decisions I've ever made in my life.

Cons

There are no cons to working at Matura Farrington.

Keep up the good work!

Matura Farrington is an exceptional firm with high quality employees!

I worked at Matura Farrington Staffing Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

I loved my time working at Matura Farrington and the monitorship I received was one of a kind. The office is very collaborative and the team is very supportive to one another. Everyone at MatFar works hard and are established, intelligent and professionals in the recruiting field! It is consistent throughout everyone at Matura that candidate experience and quality professionalism with clients is a high priority! The team has taught me so much and I continue to miss such a unique working atmosphere! The skills I developed from learning within such an amazing group are invaluable. The vast amount I learned in my time with Matura was irreplaceable and I would recommend that if given the chance to work for such amazing employers one should not be pass on but rather jumped at immediately!

Cons

I would have liked if the wall color was not beige. Other then that I loved my time at MatFar.

Candidate of Executive Search

Former Employee - Chief Financial Officer  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Chief Financial Officer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Matura Farrington Staffing Services as an intern for more than 5 years

Pros

have dealt with numerous staffing agencies for more than 20 years.

I was introduced to Matura Farrington Staffing Services through a colleague 5 years ago. The experiences and opportunities presented to me were always stellar services.

The team members are personable, ethical, excellent in matching prospective employees with open positions and able to offer valuable advice to job seekers. The longevity of the team allows potential employees to draw a wealth of knowledge, industry experience and contacts with various companies/firms. This agency has great follow-up and follow-through circling back of the status and has never left me hanging to question if I am a potential candidate or did I get the job. The recruiters do an excellent job screening each candidate before send a candidate out for an interview.
    They take the time with the candidate to go the details about the employer's company profile, interview process, provide materials, company website, and really prepares the candidate for the oral interview.

My interactions with Matura Farrington Staffing has always been the best experience during my job search and only use them or myself when exploring job opportunities. I have experienced too many agencies out there, where the interest lies on the bottom-line and not for the interest of the employee or employer.

I have found through my network, candidates placed by Matura Farrington Staffing have healthy employment and great employee retention as they do a really good job to ensure employee/employer are a great fit.

Cons

Need more recruiters as existing recruiters are juggle and working a lot of hours

Excellent team and great President/CEO

Good Company, Good People

I have been working at Matura Farrington Staffing Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great resources available to recruiters
    Good people
    Excellent reputation in legal staffing
    Open-door policy with both owners
    Autonomy to handle projects as necessary

Cons

Benefits
    Small shop
    Needs stronger national presence

If you want to be treated fairly by people who care and passionate about what they do

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

Pros

Operate with the highest level of integrity with their clients and candidates.
    Have close relationships with the top law firms in Southern California.
    Work closely with candidates to determine their career goals, assess their skill set and aggressively market the candidate to the law firms on a full time and temporary basis.
    Open door policy - all employees are encouraged to make suggestions and take action that will positively impact the growth of the business.
    Office environment and culture is friendly, collaborative and has a family oriented feel to it.
    Their Applicant Tracking System is state of the art and rivals all of the national staffing services ATS I've seen and worked for in my 10+ years of staffing experience.
    Benefits are fantastic and the pay is competitive with the market rate for recruiters.

Cons

They aren't national and should be given their expertise in the legal industry

Keep doing what you are doing and your your success with continue to grow

Worked for Matura Farrington Staffing Services? Contribute to the Community!