Mature Services

Updated July 29, 2014

4.6

Mature Services President & CEO Linda M Valentine
Linda M Valentine

A great organization helping older adults getting back into the work force.

Pros

This is a goverment organization helping those 55 or older to brush up on their work skills or to learn new ones.

Cons

Since this is a program to help you get back to work pay is min wage, No possibility of a raise.

Trainer

Current Employee - Instructor  in  Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Instructor in Cleveland, OH

Pros

Great support from the management TEAM.

Cons

Worining at an off-sight office

Continue the fine job and support you provide the TEAM!

It has been a very rewarding and benefitcual experience, learning many things which I will use throughout my career.

Current Employee - CO-OP Trainee  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - CO-OP Trainee in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

They spend needed time to assess your needs to help you be more marketable in the employment arena. Various training classes is available such as basic computer, resume writing, interviewing, internet and establishing email addresses. There is networking exposure, quarterly meetings, important updates and personal reviews to aide in the participant growth progress. Options available to participate in on the job work training sites and also obtain scholarships for additional training in interested job fields. Access to the internet and current available jobs thru site log books and many more things to aide in employment success.

Cons

Would like to see more perks.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Positive overall experience; however, ongoing training must continue be more practical and less emphasis on theory.

Pros

Organizations mission for employment training meets a critical need of adults age 55 and above.

Cons

Quality of training for PD and TS can be vastly improved. Training needs more structure and a much better method of collecting feedback to determine effectiveness.

Improve the structure and content of internal training sessions - allow employees from different state-wide offices to share techniques and suggestions.

Caring personnel interested in continuing progress of clients in job skills.

Current Employee - Secretary  in  Elyria, OH
    Current Employee - Secretary in Elyria, OH

Pros

The jobs that are presented are jobs that continue to up grade your skills for the present.

Cons

All the meetings that are neccessary to continue in the program.

Keep up the good work.

It has helped me to see that someone over 55 employable.

Current Employee - Program Aide  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Program Aide in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

They helped the elderly also get training and update computer skills.

Cons

I really do not have any.

Help ones who need it get their GED.

Very Enlightening

Current Employee - Program Aide  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Program Aide in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

The real reality in today's world and how it affects all age groups are presented lively with this progressive Employer

Cons

If you are not a mover you will not succeed at Mature Services

I understand what you are up against but continue to motivate others with your services because many are appreciated.

Good intentions and expedient services.

Former Employee - Building Maintenance  in  Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Building Maintenance in Akron, OH

Pros

Good intentions and expedient services: They found me online wherever I had posted my resume. Then had called me to go apply, interview and try out the job: building maintenance. Mature Staffing Services is a great company that helped me earn the income necessary to pay for living expenses for a year.

Cons

But even though I could the job, the job selected for me did not seem to match the optimum of my qualifications and expectations for the kind of person I wished to work with.

Any person having 3 different resumes and 3-degrees, with 14-years or more experience and their own business plan, an honorable military discharge, a good credit report, a book published, and a patent should be considered to be placed in their particular fields relevant to their most current pursuit, not a teenage kid's job, with a bunch of little boys driving pick-up trucks.

Nice to be able to help people.

Former Employee - Trainer/Employer Representative  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Trainer/Employer Representative in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

The management is very understanding when it comes to getting time off for personal issues. Even if you have exhausted your sick pay, you can have off without pay.

Cons

If you can't make it into work because of snow conditions you will only get paid for one snow day. If the office has to close down for more than one emergency day, they take your vacation, whether or not you can make it to work.

Do not take employees vacation from them when the offices are closed due to emergencies. It's not the employees fault that a water main breaks or the road conditions are too bad to drive. Most of the Mature Services employees work over time without being reimbursed and we are not allowed comp time. In addition, we are non-profit so our salaries are below average.

Worked for Mature Services? Contribute to the Community!