Maurices

Updated March 2, 2015
3.6

Maurices CEO David Jaffe
David Jaffe

Pros
  • You get a great discount- 40%, promotes growth from with in the company (in 45 reviews)

• Actual clothing line continues to improve, and you get a 40% discount (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • if you can't drive sales or credit card sign ups it's not for you (in 67 reviews)

• Having sales goals always has some sort of pressure, but that's expected in any retail job (in 29 reviews)

More Highlights

Love Love Love working for Maurices!!!!

Current Employee - First Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - First Assistant Manager

I have been working at Maurices full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Awesome company that takes care of their employees .

Cons

pay could be a little more

Working at Maurice's is at times stressful, but the environment is positive and lifting.

I have been working at Maurices

Pros

The employee incentives really motivate me and other co-workers. There's always new rewards we get for completing out goals.

Cons

It's very stressful to get your numbers in.

The management needs to directly speak to associates if they have a problem.

Awesome company!

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Maurices

Pros

Love everyone I worked with, sales goals are really reasonable.

Cons

Pay is awful! Increase pay and this job would be perfect!

Increase pay.

Store manager

Current Employee - Maurices
    Current Employee - Maurices

I have been working at Maurices full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Quality of life
    Company cares about you as an individual
    Rewards performance FREQUENTLY with various prizes and incentives, bonus structure is great,
    Corporate listens to feedback and takes action

Cons

Pay not competitive. There's really nothing else that would qualify. Customers, company direction, coworkers and business partners all are amazing across the board. Hardly any cons at all.

If you want to obtain and retain too talent, you're going to have to pay for it.

Amazing company!

Former Employee - Sales/Sales Support
    Former Employee - Sales/Sales Support

I worked at Maurices part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for maurices on an off for the past few years. The company is amazing! They truly care about each customer and being able to help the customer in so many ways was truly helpful! I know that I had a huge impact on a number of womens lives because I was able to help them find something amazing. One of my favorite times, was helping a woman who initially came into the store looking for a new shirt. We had a promo going on where if you tried on a pair of jeans you would get $5 off your purchase and $10 off if you bought them. I told her about the promo and she at first didnt really want to, and then after finding the shirt, I reminded her again about trying on a pair of jeans just to get that little extra discount. She relented and I pulled a pair of the Brianna Jeans for her to try as they had a lot of stretch and were super comfortable and got her set up in a room. When she came out a few minutes later to find me, she was crying. She told me that she had not been in a pair of jeans in over 3 years that were this comfortable. She went on to tell me that she had stomach cancer and had a large tumor in her abdomen that made wearing anything tight like jeans so painful, but these jeans were different. She was so happy that I continually reminded her of the discount and that she tried them on. She went and bough two pairs of jeans and walked out of the store with so much joy and happiness. The clothes are amazing and can fit just about every body type. On top of that they are cute and in style. Some of the great benefits of working there is the discounts, you get 40% off regular priced merchandise, 20% off clearance on top of the clearance prices (clearance goes up to 75% off so that means we can get items for 95% off!) And lets not forget that the company will give you maurices cash (AKA card loads) to spend in store.

Cons

You can only wear current Maurices clothing. This can be hard when you first start out and haven't shopped at maurices recently or if you don't have money to shop right away. Also some (although not all) management was crap. At one point almost everyone was ready to walk off the job due to the store manager treating us all like crap. If it hadn't of been for the first assistant, we would have left.

Take your time to talk to your associates. Get to know them. Dont just say "Im not here to be your friend". A good boss doesn't have to be a friend to know and understand their employees.
    Also to the DM's If there is something wrong with an employees experience that could be embarrassing, please let them know right away so that they can fix it, and not wait to tell a manager who tells them HOURS after the fact. Also treat people the same and dont play favorites. And if something offends you that someone may have said or done, bring it up to them. Act like an adult, because you told the other manager and employee right away, one story and another manager another story later.

assist. manager

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Maurices

Pros

great people and store discount

Cons

slow paced, really wasnt much cons i liked this place

Store manager

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Maurices

Pros

Great potential,for advancement. They provide you with the tools you need to succeed but you have to follow through with the hard work and focus.

Cons

Retail environment so there is always constant change that has to be done asap

Take care of your front line.

Great environment, and wonderful place to work. They are pretty flexible with schedules.

I have been working at Maurices

Pros

Clean
    Great people
    Awesome Customers
    Flexible
    Fun
    Very upbeat enviroment

Cons

Sometimes Slow
    Repetitive
    Girl Drama
    Not enough hours
    Dress Code

Amazing customer service training.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Gettysburg, PA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Gettysburg, PA

I worked at Maurices

Pros

Competitive pay, room to grow.

Cons

Poor management, lower pay then other competitors.

Make sure your staff can be comfortably about speaking with upper management.

TOO Competitive

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Maurices part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great store/work ambiance, awesome customer service training and philosophy, 40% off discount, flexible hours

Cons

Sales goals don't seem to account for store location or demographic, always feel negative pressure to meet standards (not a lot of positive reinforcement), sales goals are also INDIVIDUAL which can lead to shady co-workers trying to "steal" your customers

Set reasonable standards, commend associates on what they DO accomplish while positively encouraging them to keep climbing, stop pitting associates against one another for numbers

Maurices Photos