Maurices Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.8
George Goldfarb

Pros
  • We get a great discount on clothes (in 45 reviews)

• Obviously the biggest perk is the 40% discount (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • The biggest negative is the pressure put on the employees to get customers to sign up for the Maurices Credit Card (MCC) (in 67 reviews)

• Sales goals are highly but normally doable (in 29 reviews)

1. ASSITANT Mgmnt. /part-time

Former Employee - N/A in Benton, AR
    Former Employee - N/A in Benton, AR

I worked at Maurices

Pros

Nice atmosphere. Get to work with real cute clothes for young OR older. Love the location of our Maurices in Benton, Ar. Next to the Wal-Mart Super Store.

Cons

Working with un-friendly sales people can be real difficult to me. I feel a person should give their job the best and if a person is not happy with their job, they may need to seek employment somewhere else.

Advice to Management

Hire good, friendly, dependable people is better for our public and for the business. part-time means part-time

2. Excellent company to work for

Current Employee - Full Time Assistant Manager in Fort Smith, AR
    Current Employee - Full Time Assistant Manager in Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at Maurices full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Promote from within Take care in training employees Generous benefits and discounts MoMEntUm program offers incentives to employees

Cons

High turn over rate in lower level associates, therefore not staffed enough for taking vacation time.

Advice to Management

If associates got more than 1 or 2 shifts a week, there would likely be less turnover and a greater team building experience

3. Amazing place to work!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Amsterdam, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Amsterdam, NY

I have been working at Maurices part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company really shows how much they care. Great discount!!

Cons

Company doesn't pay as much as they should but other than that... Great!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

5. Great Company

Former Employee - First Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - First Assistant Manager

I worked at Maurices

Pros

Great Benefits. Health Care, Bonuses. Incentives. Great Philosophy.

Cons

Equality within store. Make sure managers are doing their job duties.

Store manager

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Maurices full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Positive work environment. It can be very fulfilling to help an insecure new mother find an outfit that makes her look and feel beautiful.

Cons

The Shifts have changed to take up most of your day, leaving you with very little time with your family.

Advice to Management

Be positive, with an upbeat attitude, able to articulate your thoughts with ease. Must be very on trend, and regularly use social media for fashion updates and blogging.

7. Sales Associate

I worked at Maurices (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay was good. The girls I loved working with them !!!

Cons

I hated the credit card goals ! The were horrible. Lots of pressure fro management.

Advice to Management

Loosen up on the credit goals. When your heavy on the goals it could make it worse on the Sales Associate who is really trying to make them

First Assistant Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, MN

I have been working at Maurices (More than a year)

Pros

Employee discount, wonderful women, empowering to help women feel great about themselves. There is a lot of room for advancement and growth internally within the company.

Cons

Maurices has recently reorganized and is taking the company in a direction that many people do not agree with. They are starting to become more focused on money and less focused on customers and employees.

Advice to Management

Stores are stronger and more efficient when they don't feel they are being micro-managed by upper management. The direction the company is going goes against what Maurices been about for years.

9. Times are changing ...

Former Employee - Co Manager/First Assistant in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Co Manager/First Assistant in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Maurices

Pros

- 40% discount - competitive pay (depending on previous year's plateau upon hire) - flexible schedule for associates - great benefits (paid vacation, choice time, 401k, health insurance that is very good and reasonable, tuition reimbursement, etc.)

Cons

- I've been in retail for over a decade and I have never worked for a shadier, conniving, overall soul-sucking company. Six people have quit at my store since the ASL role was implemented, I left today, and two more are on their way out. You are expendable and replaceable at the drop of a hat and they will let you know it. - The flexibility given to associates and PT managers is not extended to all FT unless you're new. Once you have been there awhile you will work until you are sick. Even then it won't be enough nor will you be good enough. - Management is not consistent. I have helped at three different stores in my district and all did things completely different. Our store was apparently made an example of due to the ASL role but no other store had the same repercussions. If you feel like something is off document EVERYTHING. They will build a paper trail on you and claim they have no idea what you're talking about, beat them at their own game. - Corporate has completely restructured despite how well they were apparently doing. It is a bad thing when another company comes in and implements SOP's for literally everything (we got a memo telling us it should take no more than 60 seconds to put our sweepers together), hours are dramatically cut (half an hour open and closes with no exceptions or it is a policy violation), and corporate positions are consolidated to the point where people that have been there for decades are forced out. - Raises are an absolute joke. I made 25% of the store's goal and helped bring the store up two plateaus (almost three) and apparently I had the largest raise in the district. I'll try not to spend my quarter and couple pennies on too much! You're on a slippery slope Maurice's. You can only bite the hand that feeds, or runs your stores, so much before it comes back to haunt you.

Advice to Management

Figure out if you want to support employees or not. Those not fresh out of high school or new to the retail game will see through your façade. I would rather have had an SM/ASL that was honest before on our issues and shortcomings than have been blindsided by the HR tornado that swept through the store.

10. Sales Associate

I have been working at Maurices (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for. Clothes are cute and they give you free gift cards all the time.

Cons

Sometimes upper management is a little clueless and fake.

11. Best Company to Work "For"!

Current Employee - Area Sales Lead
    Current Employee - Area Sales Lead

I have been working at Maurices (More than 5 years)

Pros

No two days are the same. Great training programs (thorough). Promote from within. Family-like atmosphere. Great customers. Incentives given when doing well (recognition). Great work /life balance. Caring culture. Great company growth.

Cons

There aren't any downsides to work for maurices. Best company, hands down!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! I love my job!!!

RSS Feed </> Embed