Maurices Reviews

332 reviews filtered by

1. Amazing company!

Former Employee - Sales/Sales Support
    Former Employee - Sales/Sales Support

I worked at Maurices part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for maurices on an off for the past few years. The company is amazing! They truly care about each customer and being able to help the customer in so many ways was truly helpful! I know that I had a huge impact on a number of womens lives because I was able to help them find something amazing. One of my favorite times, was helping a woman who initially came into the store looking for a new shirt. We had a promo going on where if you tried on a pair of jeans you would get $5 off your purchase and $10 off if you bought them. I told her about the promo and she at first didnt really want to, and then after finding the shirt, I reminded her again about trying on a pair of jeans just to get that little extra discount. She relented and I pulled a pair of the Brianna Jeans for her to try as they had a lot of stretch and were super comfortable and got her set up in a room. When she came out a few minutes later to find me, she was crying. She told me that she had not been in a pair of jeans in over 3 years that were this comfortable. She went on to tell me that she had stomach cancer and had a large tumor in her abdomen that made wearing anything tight like jeans so painful, but these jeans were different. She was so happy that I continually reminded her of the discount and that she tried them on. She went and bough two pairs of jeans and walked out of the store with so much joy and happiness. The clothes are amazing and can fit just about every body type. On top of that they are cute and in style. Some of the great benefits of working there is the discounts, you get 40% off regular priced merchandise, 20% off clearance on top of the clearance prices (clearance goes up to 75% off so that means we can get items for 95% off!) And lets not forget that the company will give you maurices cash (AKA card loads) to spend in store.

Cons

You can only wear current Maurices clothing. This can be hard when you first start out and haven't shopped at maurices recently or if you don't have money to shop right away. Also some (although not all) management was crap. At one point almost everyone was ready to walk off the job due to the store manager treating us all like crap. If it hadn't of been for the first assistant, we would have left.

Advice to Management

Take your time to talk to your associates. Get to know them. Dont just say "Im not here to be your friend". A good boss doesn't have to be a friend to know and understand their employees.
    Also to the DM's If there is something wrong with an employees experience that could be embarrassing, please let them know right away so that they can fix it, and not wait to tell a manager who tells them HOURS after the fact. Also treat people the same and dont play favorites. And if something offends you that someone may have said or done, bring it up to them. Act like an adult, because you told the other manager and employee right away, one story and another manager another story later.

2. Store manager

Current Employee - Maurices
    Current Employee - Maurices

I have been working at Maurices full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Quality of life
    Company cares about you as an individual
    Rewards performance FREQUENTLY with various prizes and incentives, bonus structure is great,
    Corporate listens to feedback and takes action

Cons

Pay not competitive. There's really nothing else that would qualify. Customers, company direction, coworkers and business partners all are amazing across the board. Hardly any cons at all.

Advice to Management

If you want to obtain and retain too talent, you're going to have to pay for it.

3. Good company but a lot of stress on personal performance.

Former Employee - First Assistant Manager in Concord, NC
    Former Employee - First Assistant Manager in Concord, NC

I worked at Maurices full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has a great training programs they have so many resources to help you grow in your current roles as well as where you want to go in furniture ones.

Cons

The biggest challenge with this company is the trust in your team members you are held accountable for the sales you make on your own so often someone on the team will steal your sales by ringing up your customers under their number which could effect your year numbers for your performance reviews.

Advice to Management

Make it more about the store and not individuals; support more team selling verses out for your own atmosphere.

5. Started out decent, ended horribly.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Maurices

Pros

Really nice discount with occasional contests to win additional discounts. Majority of my coworkers were cool people and easy to get along with. Most of them were always willing to help. Flexible with school schedule and asking for days off for concerts or whatever.

Cons

The pressure to sell and getting to know the customer as soon as they walk in, aka bothering them. Credit cards and making all of the focus on numbers. How can we get this customer to spend $100+ each time they come in, plus get a credit card sign up from them. Also adding clothes to the fitting room without even asking them for permission? Big no-no for me. If I were shopping there, I would be a bit annoyed. Also, low pay and little hours.

I was suppose to quit 2 months prior to my actual quitting date, but they talked me into staying because our store manager quit. We had a different manager in every week, telling us how to do things one way and have the manager next week tell us how to do another. Once we got our new manager, she was absolutely obsessed with numbers but was hardly ever on the sales floor working. Then when she was being watched by the district manager, I would get like 4 sales and then she'd have me go do things so she could get all the other sales making it look like I did nothing.

When I started when it first opened, it was all about team-selling and working together, by the end it was survival of the fittest and everyone was unhappy and fighting over sales.

There's probably more but I can't think of them now.

Advice to Management

Give workers a break, especially when it's a new store and NO ONE knows what your company is. We work hard to make customers happy but sometimes it doesn't work out and they don't want to buy anything.

6. assist. manager

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Maurices

Pros

great people and store discount

Cons

slow paced, really wasnt much cons i liked this place

7. Store manager

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Maurices

Pros

Great potential,for advancement. They provide you with the tools you need to succeed but you have to follow through with the hard work and focus.

Cons

Retail environment so there is always constant change that has to be done asap

Advice to Management

Take care of your front line.

8. Great environment, and wonderful place to work. They are pretty flexible with schedules.

I have been working at Maurices

Pros

Clean
    Great people
    Awesome Customers
    Flexible
    Fun
    Very upbeat enviroment

Cons

Sometimes Slow
    Repetitive
    Girl Drama
    Not enough hours
    Dress Code

9. Amazing customer service training.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Gettysburg, PA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Gettysburg, PA

I worked at Maurices

Pros

Competitive pay, room to grow.

Cons

Poor management, lower pay then other competitors.

Advice to Management

Make sure your staff can be comfortably about speaking with upper management.

10. Awesome Company that truly cares

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Zanesville, OH
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Zanesville, OH

I have been working at Maurices

Pros

Great training, Fun environment, great discount, room to grow if you are dedicated

Cons

Spend all your money on clothes!

11. I absolutely loved working for Maurices!

Current Employee - Assistant Manager Part Time in Muncie, IN
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager Part Time in Muncie, IN

I have been working at Maurices

Pros

If you love fashion and helping woman feel great about their look then Maurices is the perfect job! I get to help women find outfits that make them look and feel amazing at a great price! Maurices is not commission based therefor there is no unfriendly competition between employees.

Cons

As an assistant manager in charge of certain responsibilities I do not believe i was paid appropriately.

Maurices Photos