Maurices

Maurices Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Maurices CEO David Jaffe

David Jaffe

Pros
  • You get a great discount- 40%, promotes growth from with in the company (in 41 reviews)

• 40% discount is good, although I know of some retailers with higher discounts (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Forced to "sell" the credit card to people who can barely afford the clothes (in 57 reviews)

• Having sales goals always has some sort of pressure, but that's expected in any retail job (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights

Fun, exciting and rewarding, yet under paid.

Store Manager (Former Employee) Lapeer, MI

ProsThe companies vision is by far the best out there. They truly care about their customers and it is so rewarding to be able to help brighten a customers day. The company itself treats their employees great, motivating environment and ability to grow.

Consunderpaid, I was a manager and put in nearly 60 hours a week and brought home very little. It's a demanding job and I feel employees should be compensated appropriately.

Great experiences working as a sales associate

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Moscow, ID

ProsGreat team, great clothes, great discount

ConsSales goals! It was hard to keep up, especially with goals on selling credit cards

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Never again

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Fargo, ND

ProsI really can't think of much......the discount I guess......

Cons100% waist of my time. The manager couldn't give me over 14 hours a week. And still continued to hire people. I found there was a lot of gossip among the girls that worked there and alot of trash talk. Now, I understand that in a store only run and operated by females this sort of thing is bound to happen. However, I would expect the managers to not participate in this behavior. I worked in back tagging clothes...and I would often hear managers also "gossiping" and talking about other girls working....as if I wasn't there. Disrespectful. There was alot of sneaky behavior...and the general manager of the store was very passive. She seemed nice enough....but she wasnt. Simply. Also after leaving maurices....I would expect to be treated like a guest or a normal costumer when I come in to shop. That is not the case however. And they won't be seeing me back.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure it out.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

Analyst (Current Employee) Duluth, MN

Prosmaurices genuinely cares about their employees. There's a great community feel to the office and people pitch in to help each other when needed.

ConsFor the most part you will be overworked and underpaid. maurices tries to make up for that through work parties and non-monetary benefits.

Awesome place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsThey usually have great staff memebers, good pay, and of course it is fun to work with clothes.

ConsCompany values, not the best benifits, but I cant think about anymore.

Rewarding experience until it came time to advance.

Sales/Sales Support (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsAllows one to get experience in a variety of customer driven experience.

ConsNot much focus on moral character or leadership skills. Almost all focus on selling numbers with disregard to skill level.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake into consideration team members skill level in areas other than selling.

Stared off wonderful then was very disappointing due to lack of support from upper management

Store Manager (Former Employee)

ProsFocusing on the customer, networking with other store managers within the district, clothes, associate discount, resources to use for operational procedures

Conslack of support from upper management, lack of communication, honesty, favoritism, inability of acceptance as an individual, lack of compassion, no work life balance, cater to emotional needs of staff at the sake of business needs, uncomfortable discussing needs and support issues with upper management

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that you are not just a company promoting to real women, make sure to embrace the real women that work for you. Have more involvement in all store management instead of just the "all star" stores. Also make sure to get more feedback on the store level to get a real evaluation on how your RSM and DSM are supporting their staff. Make sure there is not a favoritism being perpetuated through the store level. Listen to the needs of front line managers and make sure they are getting the support they need to be successful.

Amazing!

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsMy managers were wonderful to work for. They were very accommodating and very friendly.

ConsNot really a con, but this job is not for the faint of heart. This store believes in good customer service. which means you will be on your feel like crazy and running around.

Advice to Senior Managementall stores should be like this one

Great benefits and a lot of advancement opportunities

Full-time Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Carroll, IA

ProsExcellent benefits, great discount on clothes, flexible hours, room for advancement, and we play dress up all day!

ConsWork evenings and weekends. Sore feet at the end of the day.

Advice to Senior ManagementLove this job!

I started working at Maurices in High School and loved it. I have been there ever since.

Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsFun, high energy environment! It's fun to work with the newest fashions. I see new people every day and have regular customers. Maurices sells affordable clothes for 14 and up women. We get a great discount on clothes.

ConsLong hours, especially during November and December.

Worked for Maurices? Contribute to the Community!