Maven Wave Partners

www.mavenwave.com

Maven Wave Partners Reviews

Updated May 23, 2014

Brian Farrar, Jason Lee, Jeff Lee, George Walker

Great Company with Excellent Employees!

Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsMaven Wave Partners is a great place to work if you like solving challenging problems with talented coworkers. No problem is too difficult to take on - the team works together to find innovative solutions that result tangible value for clients.

Last but not least, Maven Wave likes to have fun. Whether its a quarterly meeting or a summer outing, everyone joins in on the festivities.

ConsMaven Wave is a dynamic and fast-paced company. There is a lot of flexibility at the company, but that flexibility can occasionally lead to pockets of disorganization.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep Maven Wave on the cutting edge of technology consulting.

They nailed it.

ProsA former colleague of mine told me there are 3 things people look for in their place of employment: enjoying what they do, being happy with their income and liking who they work with. He felt like at best you get 2 out of the 3. I am so glad I found a company where I can say I have 3 out of 3. At Maven Wave I connect with the people, am compensated appropriately and absolutely love what I do. I consider myself very lucky to be here. And on top of it, the leadership is second to none.

ConsThere are no cons for me so far.

Challenging work, great people and a rewarding environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsFirst and foremost are the people. The teamwork and willingness to jump in and tackle challenges together is fantastic. It fosters a culture and camaraderie that builds a rewarding environment.

ConsDemanding clients and the work itself can sometimes be challenging, but having a strong team to rely on helps you not only deliver for the client, but also enjoy the ride.

May 23, 2014

Truly a rewarding environment!
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Solid place to be a highly valuable consultant.

Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsPay is decent, most assignments are interesting and long enough to get deeply involved. Pretty good benefits, too.

ConsManagement is pretty detached when you need them, and too attached when you don't.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile the quarterly get togethers are nice, you need to pay closer attention to your consultants when they request your attention. It often seems that they are not your primary focus.

May 23, 2014

Senior management is currently working closer with their consultants.

Best career move ever - life changing opportunity!

Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsDynamic growth across multiple industries, top-notch, hard working colleagues, impeccable leadership, exceptional culture, emerging technologies, entrepreneurial environment, exciting career path, leadership opportunities, great clients - looking forward to going to work every day!

ConsNot specifically a con, but would love to see global growth in the future.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to work on sense of community by providing more communication to employees. Although our quarterly meetings bring a sense of connection, I think we need something more.

I'm challenged to work on the most critical challenges facing companies, and I'm surrounded by the brightest talents.

Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsCritical and complex projects, agile methods and teams that move fast, great talents around me from top to bottom, empowerment, equity opportunity.

ConsNo major drawbacks. Hope the balance of management and technology work continues. Would like to see further expansion in Europe.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep growing. Look at both organic growth and acquisitions. Maintain strong diversity in the work force.

Great fast paced experience.

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Pros- Very open and transparent environment. Leadership is great and has a clear vision
    - Great innovative projects to work on
    - Opportunity to work with some of the brightest people around

ConsI guess the con comes with the nature of the business, most of the employees are at client sites and you will probably see them only during the quarterly meetings. Would be great to have some events in between to bring more synergy between employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Horrible management

Consultant (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGood technology and methodology use
    only good for google apps developer

ConsHiring without confirmation of project, may not have enough work
    Not much advantage of offered benefits like STD, LTD, etc
    Not allowed to work from home
    dress code like old days
    sometimes have to work very hard to meet deadlines
    Work never get recongnised
    Poor management by top managers
    be very careful if getting job for other development areas except google apps developement

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't play games and don't put fake reviews which all looks same

Dec 3, 2013

Although we are not claiming to be perfect, we do take our reviews seriously. If this is a bonafide review, please note that not one person has come back to his leader with this sort of feedback ... More

Great company, people and opportunities for growth.

Operations (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsMaven Wave is a growing company with tons of opportunity. You can establish an exciting career path here. The best part of working here is the people. They are all smart, hard-working, and fun to work with. It is evident that they hire only the best of the best.

ConsYou will work hard, but also play hard - but I don't think that is really a con!

Strong growth in a great environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsOpen and honest communication, dynamic growth in several different industries, active in emerging technologies. The partners give a full accounting of business results and conditions at an all-employee meeting each quarter and employee input and questions are actively encouraged.

ConsIt's consulting and consulting can be rough. The company recruits the top 10% of talent so it can be difficult to get in. Further, the company is expanding quickly so it often needs very specific talent skills with new hires and this makes it harder still to be the right fit.

Worked for Maven Wave Partners? Contribute to the Community!