Mavens Consulting

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Prasad Kanumury

Highlight of my career!

Solution Architect (Former Employee) Greensboro, NC

Pros> Culture is like none-other - If you're looking for a space where you can create, where you're supported, where you're welcomed and valued, then you've found it.
    > You're contributions are respected - Mavens realizes each person brings a unique perspective to the team, and it nurtures an environment where each person can live up to their potential.
    > Each Mavens is tops - This is the brightest, most fun and engaging team I've ever worked with. It's also quite humbling in that you're working with the world's best.
    > Work/Life Balance - Mavens puts top priority on ensuring everyone can achieve this balance. Although it's up to you to execute, the Advisory Team and all Mavens fully support such a balance.
    > Partnerships - The strength of Mavens' partnerships with key players within the Salesforce ecosystem and life sciences industry is impressive.

ConsNot so much cons as FYIs:
    > Working remotely - You have to make a continuous effort to stay plugged in.
    > Lightning-fast pace - Things move quickly at Mavens. You have to be up to the challenge to stay engaged, focused, and balanced.

Advice to Senior Management> Continue to make people and culture top priorities
    > Continue striving for more transparency

Refreshing..

Applications Architect (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsSmall Company - different culture

ConsHaving worked in large companies in the past, this will be something new. Looking forward to it.

Advice to Senior ManagementOutsource the recruiting process so that it frees up the employees' time.

Playing with Passion

Technical Architect (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsEveryone at the organization elevates their performance like no other. When you depend on the people you work with, you always get amazing results. Mavens goes beyond culture, it has its own personality. That personality drives the passion that everyone brings to their work.

ConsWould love to see the organization grow, but growth requires a change in how you recruit.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Growing Pains

Functional (Current Employee)

ProsMavens is continuing to grow, both in clientele and employees, which means there's also some growing pains. This past year has been full of transitions, but we now have a better interviewing process and we have a better communicated brand. We're very focused on our developers and making sure everyone is Salesforce and Veeva certified, and knowledgeable about the life sciences industry.

ConsWe're simply not growing fast enough for the work load! Wish we could find more developers more quickly.

Also, there isn't always a clear understanding of our business direction. Sure we want to "grow our business," but how? Things don't get shared depending on who you are within the company- so when change is happening, you don't always know why or what it means for you or our customers. Sometimes I think we move too fast for our own good.

The culture has been changing in the last two years to. Things used to feel more collaborative- we used to say we're a "grown up company with a start up culture"- and that may still be true, but the company seems really disconnected and disjointed lately. Everyone is working in their silos and it's taking its toll. I wonder where the fun went and worry about some of our recent employee departures.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management team (PK, Dave, Jen and Joe) really care about the company and most of them care about the people they work with. We need more transparency in our business direction though. I know we're working to maintain our culture as we change and grow and experience turnover, but it's pretty rough right now. I miss the good old days! I still love Mavens, but I'm just not as engaged in my work as I used to be.

Love what you do and make it matter!

Solution Architect (Current Employee) Reno, NV

Pros- Mavens encourages advancement in the company and the ability to get involved in many different projects and roles.

- The company culture is amazing and unlike any other company I have seen or worked with. I feel privileged to work with such a professional yet fun and caring bunch. Birthdays are celebrated, work anniversaries acknowledged, and when your sick or having a difficult time at home, your fellow Mavens will check to make sure you're ok and send their well wishes.

-The company has a flexible work schedule and the ability to work remote if needed.

- The work is interesting and changes constantly based on the projects you get involved in. I have taken so many different roles on since I have worked here and always appreciate the change in pace.

- Management is amazing! I have never felt disconnected or in the dark about anything. Mavens is very open and the employees communicate well with each other. If you don't know something about the company, just ask. Management also doesn't "manage" you. We all work together to be successful as a company. We are accountable to ourselves and all understand that our personal success is based on the success of a company.

- I feel blessed to work at Mavens because it truly is an amazing company. When I was hired Mavens not only made sure I was a good fit for the company, but also that the company was a good fit for me. Mavens truly cares for its employees past and present and when you join Mavens you feel like you are joining a family.

ConsI cannot honestly think of a con I have come across since working at Mavens. I love every day and every project. That's not to say that I haven't worked some long nights or been on some less than exciting projects but even after a long night I wake up still loving my job. I'm constantly challenged and often feel like I'm the dumbest guy in the room but I love Mavens that much more because of it. I grow with every challenge and fellow Mavens are always available to help and never brush off a "dumb" question. At Mavens we are all tasked with being a student and a teacher and I think that value shines through with every employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work! Maintaining the Mavens culture is key to keeping the company great.

Great place to make your own path

Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsSuper bright, hard working team. Open, committed culture. Great industry position and reputation that's earned. Flexibility to make the job yours and bring out the best you have to offer.

ConsIt's a DIY career. You need to be motivated to make it. It's not that there isn't a team, but no one is managing your growth. Can be an overwhelming amount to keep up on in the technology, the industry, etc. Need to be a fast learner, thinker, do-er.

Culture is Everything!

Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsWhen I first spoke with PK about Mavens he mentioned the mission of the company, "Love what you do and make it matter." I honestly thought it sounded like a nice platitude, but didn't think it would actually have anything to do with how the company is run. I was wrong. Mavens is a place where people actually like coming into work and don't mind working however long it takes to get the job done. Because they want to. Mavens is a place that empowers people to take control of their own careers and own their own future.

ConsThe interview/ orientation process may seem length and over-involved, but the result is that only the best and brightest are hired by Mavens. It is absolutely worth the extra time and effort to get hired by Mavens. You'll never work at a company like Mavens. Unless you work at Mavens.

Highly technical, innovative...and family friendly!

Integration Architect (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsMavens takes your family's well-being as seriously as you do. So much is done to ensure a balanced personal life for each team member because that contributes to a balanced team environment. Mavens is amazingly generous towards team members in so many ways (because to whom much is given, much is expected, right?)

Incredible work ethic across the entire team which is a joy to be surrounded by. A relatively flat organizational structure, where egos are checked at the door and everybody operates as both a student and a teacher. Open and collaborative, where your voice is easily heard (and responded to!)

ConsTypical "cons" of a small consulting firm in a high demand tech space with only 24 hours in the day but as result, never a dull moment!

If you want to talk 'experience,' then being a part of Mavens has been truly the best.

Technical Architect (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe people comprising the Mavens community are amazing and a privilege to work with. Consistently I have been met with proactive helpfulness and support, and more than that, undergirding it all seems to be a genuine desire for me to succeed. The amount of heartfelt caring is palpable and powerful. Now I realize that it's not "all about me," so rather what I'm trying to say is that Mavens is an incredible and amazing group of exceptional people who truly work together for the success of the whole.

ConsTo me, there honestly is no "con." Mavens has a very flat structure and fosters a highly collaborative environment that encourages initiative and innovation. If that's not your cup of tea, and you prefer heavy management with tightly defined job duties (for example), you won't like Mavens.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue upholding the values and direction that have made Mavens such a great place to be a part of.

Culture is King

Training Specialist (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsYou may have heard some buzz around new cultural ideas in companies, but Mavens lives it. Highly productive, highly intelligent, high expectations of everyone. There aren't bosses at Mavens -- you are responsible to everyone else on the team, and they are responsible to you. You're treated like an adult, and expected to behave like one.

ConsThe initial ramp-up is brutal. They do everything they can to soften the blow, but there is so much to learn so quickly that you really have to stay on your toes to take it all in.

Worked for Mavens Consulting? Contribute to the Community!