Maverick Software Consulting

Employment Status

Reset
4.5
Martin Hebig

Pros
  • Real-world experience while still at college (in 5 reviews)

• Work full time summer, part time during the semester so you gain much more experience than a one summer internship (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • It can be difficult sometimes to commit 20 hours per week to work while balancing courses and other organizations/commitments (in 2 reviews)

• They do hire individuals pretty much after 2 or 3 classes during a Computer Science or IS program, therefore the pay scale is pretty low (in 2 reviews)

1. Software Consultant

Current Employee - Software Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Software Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Great management, good opportunities made available, management works to make sure you are successful, paid internship, opportunities for those with no experience to get into the field.

Cons

Not really any cons. If there were a con, it would be that the pay isn't too high. But then again, they will hire you with no experience and give you an opportunity to get some, and there are a lot of internships that don't pay at all.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, and thanks for an opportunity to meet some great people and get some great experience!

2. Amazing opportunity

Current Employee - Software Development Intern in Lakeville, MN
    Current Employee - Software Development Intern in Lakeville, MN

I have been working at Maverick Software Consulting (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing environment, helpful office managers, and a great place to learn the skills you'll need for a full-time career.

Cons

None, I love it here.

Fantastic place to get started with software

Pros

I loved the office environment, great location close to campus. My coworkers were very easy to work with and my manager was helpful, open, and took an interest in our professional development. I really appreciate the experience I got from working at Maverick and it was a great, non-threatening way to get a start working with a software company.

Cons

20 hours a week is rough, although scheduling was fairly flexible to work around classes and exams. I only had contact with my full-time team once a week although they were available through chat and email.

Advice to Management

The engagement with allowing interview sit-ins and resume reviews is much appreciated, so continue with things like that and students will get a lot out of this experience.

5. Great opportunity

Former Employee - Intern in Duluth, MN
    Former Employee - Intern in Duluth, MN

I worked at Maverick Software Consulting full-time

Pros

Work on real systems for top companies. Can work full time over the summer, and part time over school year until you graduate. Owner is very nice, will do what he can to help you out. This is a great opportunity for someone looking for real world experience. Management is great!

Cons

Sometimes clients can be slow at communicating. Occasionally results in down time where you aren't learning/doing as much. They usually want you to work 20 hours/week over the academic year which can both a pro and a con.

Advice to Management

Being in charge of a lot of interns can be a challenge. Make sure to have group meetings to go over important information on new projects, tutorials, etc.

6. Great Student opportunity

Current Employee - Student Worker in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Student Worker in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Maverick Software Consulting part-time (More than a year)

Pros

+ Managers are very friendly and receptive to helping students in any way possible + The job they found me was applicable to my skills and in the tech startup industry + Computer and basic training provided to help expand skillset + Student intern position turned into a fulltime job upon graduation

Cons

- I never worked in a Maverick office so I felt more disconnected from the company

7. Great place to start out

Pros

Very relaxed and you can pretty much choose your hours.

Cons

You work remotely with your client which can cause problems and they don't always know your skillset.

8. Helpful for student Software Engineers and Computer Science Majors

Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance Engineer and Testers in Ames, IA
    Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance Engineer and Testers in Ames, IA

I have been working at Maverick Software Consulting part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great location Friendly environment Very helpful in career advancement Fairly easy to work into a 12-15 credit schedule

Cons

There is a hard minimum hours per week number at 20, which can make being a full time student difficult at times.

9. Best place to work

Pros

Get to experience the real world.

Cons

not applicable. Everything is awesome about this place.

10. Great Place to work

Pros

Great group of people and challenging fun work!

Cons

A little repetitive some times

11. Exceptionally accommodating to students

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Flexible scheduling Above average pay for students Management is friendly and open to talk to Learn something new everyday Fun environment

Cons

You won't work directly on site for the company you are on contract for.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. No complaints here.

RSS Feed </> Embed