Maverick Trading Reviews

Robb Reinhold

Flexibility at it's best

Current Employee - Trader/Programmer in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Trader/Programmer in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Maverick Trading part-time (More than a year)

Pros

As said in the Title - Ultimate Flexibility with my schedule, trading and how I program my API
    Management gives a trader a lot of flexibility as long as you maintain proper, tight risk controls
    Only prop firm I found that lets me trade most products - stocks, options, futures, forex

Cons

the TWS system is a little clunky but the API is great and the community forum for the API programming is awesome and very helpful

Advice to Management

Keep allowing traders to employ different trading methods

Great Trading Firm

Current Employee - Trader in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Trader in Houston, TX

I have been working at Maverick Trading full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Unlimited earnings potential
    - Great management
    - Access to Information/other traders
    - Technology/software

Cons

- Would like a chat room
    - Not a huge fan of TWS but I've learned to use it in conjunction with my TOS platform.

Advice to Management

It would be great if we could use the TOS software and link to the TWS or even trade directly through TOS.

Great community of traders and leadership.

Current Employee - Trader Support
    Current Employee - Trader Support

I have been working at Maverick Trading (More than a year)

Pros

I started back in early-2013 as a trader for Maverick Trading’s options division, and soon after had the opportunity to expand my role to work with the firm’s onboarding forex traders throughout the training process and options traders getting ready to join the firm's Capital Sharing Program. Working with our traders has honestly become the best part of my day. The firm’s management team is very laid back, making it a great place to work. Maverick’s selective recruitment process shows in its great community of traders who each share the same passion and drive for the business. The flexibility of work schedule is also a plus!

Cons

Can’t think of any. This firm and the people behind it really exceeded my expectations.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

been very positive overall. finally seeing results

Current Employee - Options Trader in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Options Trader in Houston, TX

I have been working at Maverick Trading part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Their focus on risk management is crucial and what I have been lacking over my years of trading. It's great getting an email or call from the risk manager when I break my rules. Sadly it's what I've needed all along. Overall couldn't be more pleased

1. Love the community atmosphere. Sharing trades and strategies with others is great
    2. Support is always there. whenever I have a question I can usually be on a one on one webinar within an hour.
    3. Pay promptly.

Cons

I tried to think of something but everything really is pretty good. Maybe a bit more help on programming?

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Keep giving us new ways to interact with other professional traders. Thanks

Not recomending. No rating. It is that low!!!

Former Employee - Trader in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Trader in New York, NY

I worked at Maverick Trading

Pros

they promise you that they will train you, but they are very disorganized. In the tests they ask you questions that have not been explained during the lesson and if you ask, they either dont answer you or if they answer you it is clear they dont like you to ask. They
    dont have time to answer questions, and if you ask they let you know they didnt want you to ask.

Cons

They charge $199. each and every month that is automatically drawn out of your account, but dont ask a question because they dont answer of if they answer they can insult your intelligence making you feel you are worth a penny.

Advice to Management

Either take the time to answer questions or dont say you will because it leaves a very bad taste of the company. Dont underestimate , the company wouldnt be what it is without all the people that work.

Wannabe traders make me laugh. LOL

Current Employee - Options Trader
    Current Employee - Options Trader

I have been working at Maverick Trading

Pros

I've traded in the prop industry for over a decade now and have traded for 7 firms - Most good and 1 bad. Unprofitable traders always complain about fees, risk capital, etc. If the firm is extending you capital and resources there will always be a cost as there always is in prop trading. So the question is are the costs worth the benefit? Theres a reason ive traded prop for all these years, the costs are worth it for me. Here are my Pros for Maverick:

Always pay on time
    Access to other traders/strategies
    Allow me to trade stocks, options and futures
    No minimum trading activity or pressure to produce volume
    Management

I also trade my day trading strategies with Bright Trading in full disclosure who I would also rate highly

Cons

Fees - LOL

OK. so I dont have to be happy about it even if I find it worth it

Advice to Management

My advice is to keep being selective on bringing traders aboard. Ive seen a deterioration in quality in the past when one of the firms I traded for brought in too many untested traders at once.

The Prop Scam

Former Freelancer - Trader
    Former Freelancer - Trader

I worked at Maverick Trading

Pros

There are no pros at this organization.

Cons

You waste time and money. Trade for yourself, do NOT take on the risk and give away profits.

Advice to Management

Quit calling yourselves traders.

You can do this on your own without paying Maverick's membership and desk fees.

I worked at Maverick Trading

Pros

You may learn something useful that you may not have learned otherwise (without investing your own time and energy).

Cons

Total fees are $5,000 for membership paid one time, and $200 per month for desk fees. You are also required to put up an additional $5,000 for risk capital. It will cost you $12,400 to get started the first year.

Membership fees include an instructional database consisting of online tutorials and limited mentoring (there is plenty of similar material online for free).

The $200 per month desk fees total $2,400 per year. They don't cover trading information or software. Desk fees are more for the biweekly market wrap videos (again, this can also be had for free online).

You are given a small amount of money in addition to your risk capital to speculate with. It's difficult to practice reliable option strategies like put selling buy points, or call selling sell points as ideally they require much larger accounts to generate reasonable income.

Only a very small percentage of "consultants" (traders) will make it. Most will be out the $5,000 membership fee, the $2,400 in annual desk fees, and more than likely the $5,000 in risk capital.

If, when you lose your risk capital, you're either finished or you have to put up more capital. You can succeed, or fail on your own, without paying their membership fee and desk fees.

For example, if you get a 100% return on your $5,000 of risk capital your first year, you get to keep 70% of it or $3,500. (However, if you lose 100% you lose the entire amount, $5,000). After subtracting $2,400 in desk fees, you're left with $1,100. If you include the one time membership fee, you're -$3,900 in the hole.

Most people are not able to teach themselves how to trade like top Wall Street traders.

I would recommend paper trading for months, or years until you have a bombproof system before putting real capital to work. Especially in short duration options contracts (which expire worthless after days, weeks, months etc).

I suspect the vast majority of people who've attempted to train themselves, without working in a professional capacity for a hedge fund, etc., would say that those months or years could have been better spent starting a business, or doing something else.

Apologies for being long-winded, but I really want people going into this with eyes wide open. I suspect if that's the case, very few people will be applying.

Couldn't be happier

Current Contractor - Trader in Erie, PA
    Current Contractor - Trader in Erie, PA

I have been working at Maverick Trading as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Always pay promptly
    Provide additional trading capital when requested
    Management is fantastic
    Meeting with other traders online on a daily basis
    Sharing of trades

Cons

Trading platform software could be better
    Other than that I see no cons

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. I have several other trader friends who will be joining as well

Amazing

Current Contractor - Associate Trader in New York, NY
    Current Contractor - Associate Trader in New York, NY

I have been working at Maverick Trading as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Top notch training
    Rewarded for returns
    Great Management

Cons

There are no con's - the only thing I could think of is if you want a steady income, and can't generate returns. However, you can work a normal job and do this part-time if that's an issue.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

RSS Feed </> Embed