Maverick Transportation

Be The First To
Add Photos

Steve Williams

awesome training

Driver Glass Div (Former Employee)

I worked at Maverick Transportation full-time for less than a year

ProsWorked in the Glass Div., Its easy work.

ConsI'm not working there, had a problem with the truck

A great transportation company! Pay is very good, home on weekends, professional.

Commercial Driver (Former Employee)
North Little Rock, AR

I worked at Maverick Transportation full-time for more than 5 years

ProsMaverick takes care of its drivers who work for them. Pay is above average. Benefits are very good. Fleet-managers are easy to work with. Equipment is well maintained. They are on their game!!!

ConsSometimes, you may not be able to go home on a weekend, but this is very rare. Tarp pay needs to be increased. Maverick needs to crack down a little more on companies that make its drivers wait too long to be loaded; 3 hours is ridiculous!

Advice to Senior ManagementCrack down on companies who take ALL 3 HOURS to load a Maverick flat-bed truck; no excuse for it!!! Increase tarp pay; Tarping in 10 degree weather is no fun!

Good, bad and ugly.

Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee)

I worked at Maverick Transportation full-time for less than a year

ProsThere are some great people who work there and will help you as much as possible. If you're a truck driver, their training is out of this world and that's no joke. Mr. Williams is an brilliant and excellent business man with a great love for trucking.

ConsMaverick is a very tight knit organization and they seem to keep some individuals longer than they should. I believe in a business, it should be based on numbers and quality of work, not who you know.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am a former employee who had better than average numbers and for some reason (that I wasn't explained) I was fired. I loved my time a Maverick and wish it hadn't abruptly ended, but I suppose that's the way it is. If given an opportunity, I would defiantly work for you again, just in a different department.

Great Jumping off point

Driver (Former Employee)
Little Rock, AR

I worked at Maverick Transportation full-time for more than a year

ProsThis was the first trucking job I had and they trained me well, kept me running, and paid me promptly. The trucks and the dispatchers were top notch as well.

ConsSame as any trucking company. Long times away from my family. I took a local trucking job as soon as I could

Advice to Senior ManagementGood stuff

Overall Satisfaction

I have been working at Maverick Transportation

ProsAs an IC driver, the schedule is flexible and hometime is reasonable.

ConsSometimes feel pressure to take less than average paying freight.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to work toward maximum home time and utilize more 'pre-loads' for better efficiency.

Worked for Maverick Transportation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Maverick Transportation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Maverick Transportation CEO Steve Williams. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Maverick Transportation employees.