Maverick USA

Updated August 14, 2014
Updated August 14, 2014

3.8

Steve Williams

This is a wonderful company to work for. One of the few places left who look out to their drivers.

Current Employee - Fleet Manager  in  North Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Fleet Manager in North Little Rock, AR

Pros

From their state of the art facilities for training, to the innovative truck technologies implemented, Maverick provides all the tools to give you a rewarding career.

Cons

Not a broad offering of services. Specialized, flatbed, temperature control only.

awesome training

Former Employee - Driver Glass Div
    Former Employee - Driver Glass Div

Pros

Worked in the Glass Div., Its easy work.

Cons

I'm not working there, had a problem with the truck

Great Jumping off point

Former Employee - Driver  in  Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Driver in Little Rock, AR

Pros

This was the first trucking job I had and they trained me well, kept me running, and paid me promptly. The trucks and the dispatchers were top notch as well.

Cons

Same as any trucking company. Long times away from my family. I took a local trucking job as soon as I could

Good stuff

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Maverick is the best Flatbed employer.

Former Employee - OTR Driver  in  North Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - OTR Driver in North Little Rock, AR

Pros

They try to get you home every weekend. .

Cons

Flatbed is hard, dirty work not for lazy people. The steel and building industry are slow so freight slowed to a level I needed to find other work in another commodity.

When freight is slow, DONT keep hiring people.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Truck Driver  in  North Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in North Little Rock, AR

Pros

The company treats you well and the pay is above average for a trucking company. The company offers a great training program and they do set the bar high for new hires.

Cons

They are an OTR company so expect to be away from home for long periods of time. You can expect to be home from every weekend to every three weeks depending on the division you choose.

A great transportation company! Pay is very good, home on weekends, professional.

Former Employee - Commercial Driver  in  North Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Commercial Driver in North Little Rock, AR

Pros

Maverick takes care of its drivers who work for them. Pay is above average. Benefits are very good. Fleet-managers are easy to work with. Equipment is well maintained. They are on their game!!!

Cons

Sometimes, you may not be able to go home on a weekend, but this is very rare. Tarp pay needs to be increased. Maverick needs to crack down a little more on companies that make its drivers wait too long to be loaded; 3 hours is ridiculous!

Crack down on companies who take ALL 3 HOURS to load a Maverick flat-bed truck; no excuse for it!!! Increase tarp pay; Tarping in 10 degree weather is no fun!

If you get a good Fleet Manager you will like it.

Current Employee - Driver
    Current Employee - Driver

Pros

Maverick will get you miles and keep you moving. They train you right. They pay you for all miles driven empty or full. Have newer trucks all automatics. Promise you Christmas at home. They will try to get you home on weekends.

Cons

It's all about "policy" and do they have some that keep changing. The freight is slowing so be prepared to see "changes" coming. Fuel mileage bonus if you want to sleep in a cold or hot truck all the time. Every Monday delivery has to be delivered by 10 a.m. regarless if you just got home on Saturday nite and must leave on Sunday to deliver by Monday. Fleet Managers are good and bad hope you get one that has at least driven a truck before. You are a truck number and trailer number and it's about the truck moving and making money, although they say it's about the driver, sorry it's not.

Teach your Fleet Managers to get to "really" know their drivers and "Where" they live so you can coordinate the drivers home time and family needs.

Overall Satisfaction

Pros

As an IC driver, the schedule is flexible and hometime is reasonable.

Cons

Sometimes feel pressure to take less than average paying freight.

Continue to work toward maximum home time and utilize more 'pre-loads' for better efficiency.

Oh maverick glass division

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Little Rock, AR

Pros

Trucks are nice when they work. Decent pay when you get miles , and sometimes you can find drivers that are good at telling jokes about maverick.

Cons

Very diverse paychecks... 300 dollars one week 1900 the next but more 300 paychecks here lately than anything.. glass division is a joke when it comes to home time, four weeks out then fuss at drivers about trying to get home. At every Blackhat meeting you ask how to keep drivers... well I think there is your answer. I just feel like the company I loved hasnow turned Into a company I will have to part with due to hard times paying bills.

Pay the drivers enough money that they can take hometime without having there power shut off. As a fellow Blackhat I have heard this time and time again and now its happening to me. Possibly increase the weekly guarantee, maybe that will push more pressure to get freight, and when a driver is entitled that guarantee pay don't take 3-4 weeks to give it.. because sometimes food and water cant and won't wait that long

Good, bad and ugly.

Former Employee - Maintenance Coordinator
    Former Employee - Maintenance Coordinator

Pros

There are some great people who work there and will help you as much as possible. If you're a truck driver, their training is out of this world and that's no joke. Mr. Williams is an brilliant and excellent business man with a great love for trucking.

Cons

Maverick is a very tight knit organization and they seem to keep some individuals longer than they should. I believe in a business, it should be based on numbers and quality of work, not who you know.

I am a former employee who had better than average numbers and for some reason (that I wasn't explained) I was fired. I loved my time a Maverick and wish it hadn't abruptly ended, but I suppose that's the way it is. If given an opportunity, I would defiantly work for you again, just in a different department.

Worked for Maverick USA? Contribute to the Community!