Maverik

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mike Call

Store Director

Store Director (Former Employee)

ProsOpportunity to win very nice prizes.

ConsSeemed married to work. Couldn't disconnect.

Good experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAlot of good hours, good way to gain experience for customer service

ConsAlot of gossiping between employees and management, and employees who been there the longest think they don't have to do equal share of work

Advice to Senior ManagementStop talking behind employees backs and confront professionally

Great management, really felt like being part of a team.

Adventure Guide (Current Employee) South Jordan, UT

ProsGood management with an understanding of customers. They get that, at a gas station, many customers suck; and they won't push the "customer is always right" when the customer is a crazy drunk screaming at the cheetos.

ConsNot much flexibility in schedule, or time off.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange up the radio ads, the frequency of ads to music irritates even the customers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Draper, UT

ProsIts pretty good to work here. Decent job . Good speaking practice. Great working environment. Close to home.

ConsWe get a lot of Physical challenge.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease salary and provide insurance

Operations manager

Operations Manager (Former Employee) Hurricane, UT

ProsThe people that I worked with were awesome and friendly. I enjoyed the environment in the store that I worked at.

ConsDue to the nature of the upper mamagent, the chances of any kind of advancement based on our ability is very unlikely. They are hostile and act like they are better then everyone else.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit

Good IT Department

IT Department (Current Employee) North Salt Lake, UT

ProsFor the most part, people are knowledgeable and helpful. Your voice is usually heard when you have suggestions. Work schedule is very open and management understands that real life happens and allows time to take care of things.

ConsSOP is very poor. Things are done from the hip which cause issues. Middle management needs to standardize and not do things on their own.

Advice to Senior ManagementStandards, standards, standards. And then hold people ACCOUNTABLE for those standards! It's very frustrating to be trying to change things by implementing standards when middle management decides the standards don't apply to them and they do their own thing.

I have loved the time I have been at Maverik.

ProsMaverik is a financially solid company. The culture has been fun. I have been satisfied with the opportunity. There are some perks that are very rewarding.

ConsThere are times that I have felt under appreciated and limited. There is a feeling of hypocrisy where the supervisor was treated well by their supervisor but the same standards did not apply to their reports.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet the same standards across departments and teams.

Great to work in but not to stay in. Pays the rent!

Assistant Operations Manager (Current Employee) Grand Junction, CO

ProsThe company it self is a great organization that stands by in what they believe in. Its a great atmosphere to work in, very friendly, and collaborative. The manger definitely looks out for its employees and takes in consideration of their personal life. Once you have established a work routine with the customers more and more become loyal to you, which makes business.

ConsPay is ok. There tends to be some drama among employees. Best not to say much or get involved.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe careful who you bring into the organization. Once a unit of employees are established and create that sense of unity; bringing new hires need to be able to fit not clash.

Store Director

Store Director (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsMaverik was a good company to work for. My Regional was the best. Allowed me to run my business with little follow-up. Worked the schedules I wanted and same with my scheduling my employees. Taught me most everything I know about being a successful Store Director.

ConsUnless you are close friends with someone, you can't get promoted. Not all supervisors are good, in fact some are micro managers. They preach integrity, but yet there are many in positions that does not understand the word. The loss prevention team is less than professional. They are just there to chuck people out the window. They have too much power to make life changing decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to give people more of an opportunity to explain themselves when something goes wrong. When terminating people who has given over 10 years should have an opportunity to present their case before a committee. It cost thousands of dollars to replace your best people.

It was ok. Exactly what I expected walking in.

Adventure Guide (Former Employee) Springville, UT

ProsGood people, no bull. Job itself can be fun, and interacting with different people is great. Employees I worked with were fun and good hearted people that really made the job a joy.

ConsThe pay for clerks is not very good, and the managers rely on you way too much if you are a halfway reliable person. This is to be expected though to a degree with this kind of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the pay, and you wont have such a high turn over rate. Really easy to work with and get on with, which is great for a part-time job in college. I can't really complain there.

Worked for Maverik? Contribute to the Community!