Maverik Reviews

Updated January 17, 2015
42 reviews filtered by

1. Good experience

I worked at Maverik

Pros

Alot of good hours, good way to gain experience for customer service

Cons

Alot of gossiping between employees and management, and employees who been there the longest think they don't have to do equal share of work

Stop talking behind employees backs and confront professionally

2. Operations manager

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Hurricane, UT
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Hurricane, UT

I worked at Maverik full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people that I worked with were awesome and friendly. I enjoyed the environment in the store that I worked at.

Cons

Due to the nature of the upper mamagent, the chances of any kind of advancement based on our ability is very unlikely. They are hostile and act like they are better then everyone else.

Quit

3. Its pretty good to work here. Decent job . Good speaking practice. Great working environment. Close to home.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Draper, UT

I have been working at Maverik part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Cons

We get a lot of Physical challenge.

Increase salary and provide insurance

5. Good IT Department

Current Employee - IT Department in North Salt Lake, UT
    Current Employee - IT Department in North Salt Lake, UT

I have been working at Maverik full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

For the most part, people are knowledgeable and helpful. Your voice is usually heard when you have suggestions. Work schedule is very open and management understands that real life happens and allows time to take care of things.

Cons

SOP is very poor. Things are done from the hip which cause issues. Middle management needs to standardize and not do things on their own.

Standards, standards, standards. And then hold people ACCOUNTABLE for those standards! It's very frustrating to be trying to change things by implementing standards when middle management decides the standards don't apply to them and they do their own thing.

6. I have loved the time I have been at Maverik.

I have been working at Maverik full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Maverik is a financially solid company. The culture has been fun. I have been satisfied with the opportunity. There are some perks that are very rewarding.

Cons

There are times that I have felt under appreciated and limited. There is a feeling of hypocrisy where the supervisor was treated well by their supervisor but the same standards did not apply to their reports.

Set the same standards across departments and teams.

7. Great to work in but not to stay in. Pays the rent!

Current Employee - Assistant Operations Manager in Grand Junction, CO
    Current Employee - Assistant Operations Manager in Grand Junction, CO

I have been working at Maverik part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company it self is a great organization that stands by in what they believe in. Its a great atmosphere to work in, very friendly, and collaborative. The manger definitely looks out for its employees and takes in consideration of their personal life. Once you have established a work routine with the customers more and more become loyal to you, which makes business.

Cons

Pay is ok. There tends to be some drama among employees. Best not to say much or get involved.

Be careful who you bring into the organization. Once a unit of employees are established and create that sense of unity; bringing new hires need to be able to fit not clash.

8. Store Director

Former Employee - Store Director in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Store Director in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Maverik full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Maverik was a good company to work for. My Regional was the best. Allowed me to run my business with little follow-up. Worked the schedules I wanted and same with my scheduling my employees. Taught me most everything I know about being a successful Store Director.

Cons

Unless you are close friends with someone, you can't get promoted. Not all supervisors are good, in fact some are micro managers. They preach integrity, but yet there are many in positions that does not understand the word. The loss prevention team is less than professional. They are just there to chuck people out the window. They have too much power to make life changing decisions.

You need to give people more of an opportunity to explain themselves when something goes wrong. When terminating people who has given over 10 years should have an opportunity to present their case before a committee. It cost thousands of dollars to replace your best people.

9. Adventure guide

Former Employee - Adventure Guide in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Adventure Guide in Boise, ID

I worked at Maverik full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The fellow employees were great to work with and I enjoyed the customers as well.

Cons

No breaks and long hours. No dependable schedule. No employee perks, not even a cup of coffee! Expected to work two weeks straight.

Shame on you for not treating your employees like people who need to eat and time to rest if you treated your employees better you wouldn't be short staffed, there by putting impossible workloads on your staff

10. It was ok. Exactly what I expected walking in.

Former Employee - Adventure Guide in Springville, UT
    Former Employee - Adventure Guide in Springville, UT

I worked at Maverik part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good people, no bull. Job itself can be fun, and interacting with different people is great. Employees I worked with were fun and good hearted people that really made the job a joy.

Cons

The pay for clerks is not very good, and the managers rely on you way too much if you are a halfway reliable person. This is to be expected though to a degree with this kind of work.

Increase the pay, and you wont have such a high turn over rate. Really easy to work with and get on with, which is great for a part-time job in college. I can't really complain there.

11. Great Company

I have been working at Maverik full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Maverik has an awesome culture, and lots of great people to work with. They are growing and that makes it a fun place to be.

Cons

Maverik requires a ton of travel for many of their positions and they don't adjust pay accordingly. Its not great for anyone who has a family or wants one. They also are not very consistent - the job can change without any warning and have completely different metrics overnight...

Consistency would be much better for everyone.