Max International Reviews

Dave Bagley & Joe Voyticky

1. Director Creative Services

Former Employee - Director of Creative Services in Midvale, UT
    Former Employee - Director of Creative Services in Midvale, UT

I worked at Max International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There were some fun competent team members to work with

Cons

The executive did not have a clear path for future of company and implementation of plan. Some positions in the company were filled with the wrong individuals, not qualified for the job requirements

Advice to Management

Keep making the changes you are and always provide competent products

2. Great Product, but Bad People

I have been working at Max International (More than 5 years)

Pros

Products are great, pay plan is decent

Cons

executives are rotten to the core

Advice to Management

sell the company to someone with Integrity and experience

3. Network Marketing Business Incompetency in both Co-CEO's (Dave Bagley and Joe Voyticky)

I have been working at Max International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great products. Wonderful opportunity to help the health of others. The vast majority of the people in middle management and base employees care about their jobs and the company. We do our best yet are hindered by lack of budget monies and denial of problems from top executives.

Cons

Top executives are not good leaders for a network marketing company - they are attorneys. They ignore problems continually brought to their attention. They seem to think people will go away if they ignore the problems - any many do leave over it. They don't pay their field associates accurately or consistent with their pay plan. They give new sales tools to selected field associates only. Middle management does their best but all everything needs executive approval - which is rarely given. You are considered a non-team player if you try to bring problems to their attention. They only want to hear the good things - none of the bad.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the Co-CEO's (Dave Bagley and Joe Voyticky) and put someone in here who understands what we need to do our jobs well. It won't take long for more people in the field to realize they are not being paid consistent to the pay plan. Better hope people don't compare payouts or there will be many, many unhappy associates. We are tired of taking the blame with the field for top leadership incompetence.

5. Aboard a sinking ship

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Midvale, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Midvale, UT

I worked at Max International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule Easy to get time off Decent Pay

Cons

Where to begin? Constant unresolved Shipping Issues resulting in angry customers Management is never around nor helpful if they are around People take hour long breaks while clocked in They hire based off what their resume says and not based off skills The company is divided by separate floors and they treat each other like dirt Company issues are reported but nobody cares to make changes I'm glad I left because this place is probably not going to make it much longer Co CEOs which means complete disaster

Advice to Management

Get your act together and make some changes before it is too late!

6. Decent collaborative environment

Current Employee - Analyst in Midvale, UT
    Current Employee - Analyst in Midvale, UT

I have been working at Max International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly coworkers, not too much stress, management works to make the workplace comfortable and to facilitate what employees need to do their jobs.

Cons

Budget was tight when I was there, so it was sometimes hard to get some software tools I needed if they were expensive. I was trying to get a particular business intelligence software but there wasn't budget for it at the time.

Advice to Management

Not much. I would say continue to invest in getting the right employees as well as providing them with the resources to do their jobs. Continue to facilitate collaboration and employee involvement among different departments with events like lazertag and such.

7. I like the company but not the people

Current Employee - Customer Service in Midvale, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Midvale, UT

I have been working at Max International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Have food and snacks in the break room. No working on the weekends. They are very flexable. They seem to care about their employees. The job is super easy. There is usually no side work, if you are not on the phone, you are able to do pretty much anything you want.

Cons

I like the company, but the people you work with are worthless and lazy. I've personally seen guys and girls I work with take 2 hour lunches and 1 hour smoke breaks. Management does nothing about it either. The "account managers" sit and play Facebook games all day. I remember one time I called over to an account manager because one of their associates was on the phone asking for her. She didn't pick up but I knew she was at her desk. So I called her again, and once again, she didn't pick up. I then walked over there and she was on Facebook playing some bubble game. The "customer service" employees are lazy as well. They will stay logged out of the phones because they are too busy watching their TV shows on their computers. A LOT of gossip goes around as well, and you better be a part of it, because it not, you will be outcasted. I guess that's what you get if all the people you work with are in their mid-20's and have no education. I know I listed a lot of cons, but I do like the company. They treat their employees well, BUT I think many of the employees are really lazy.

Advice to Management

Have some structure for crying out loud. Your employees are lazy. If someone comes in 30 minutes late, do something about it. If someone isn't working, do something about it. I people are taking 2 hour lunches, do something about it. It makes it harder on the people that actually do work. Also, get rid of the "account manager" position because customer service ends up taking care of their associates anyways. There have been countless times when a silver or diamond associate has called me and they don’t even know who their account manager is. The account managers think they are big shots when they are really just customer service and make 14 to 16 an hour.

Stable but uninspiring. Complete lack of corporate leadership. Great opportunity for Associates.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Max International full-time

Pros

Coworkers are cool and fun to work with. Good work environment in general with emphasis on appreciation for contributions. Upper management cares about their employees and Associates. The products are unsurpassed and change peoples lives. Associates are appreciated and valued.

Cons

No leadership from upper management. Executives lack a coherent strategy and seem incapable of setting, measuring and achieving non-employee created goals. They have no accountability but to themselves and thus feel no pressure to perform. These statements are meant for corporate success and not the success of Associates

Advice to Management

Stand-up and give yourselves public goals for company performance and make yourselves accountable for achieving (or not achieving) said goals. These goals must be your own and have an impact and you cannot blame external or internal influences for making or breaking the results. Concentrate on strategy and avoid the minutiae. No more pet projects.

9. DREAM CAREER

Current Employee - Independent Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Independent Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Max International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Entrepreneurship / Self Employment; Flexibility; Extensive Domestic / International Travel (including but not limited to Humanitarian / Educational Missions); Strong Network Team Support; Lucrative compensation plan

Cons

Sincerely, I dont have any Cons...

10. Reviewing as Network Marketer

Current Employee - Associate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Associate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Max International

Pros

Products work but very expensive!

Cons

Comp plan changed to make it a shaker-and-mover's club only. The little guys no longer matter even though we are the ones making it possible for the Diamond to travel world every year on our backs. Steve Scott out of touch with what is going on in his (or is it?) company. Promises made at 2012 convention re Chuck Norris commercials, etc. NOT happening. Too many product shipment errors to count and nothing done about it even after talking to Wally Bills, etc. about it. You are discounted if you have trouble with anything. When phoning in you get rude customer service people that hang up on you because you tell them you can't hear them. Not sure if this is caused by poor headsets but frustrating for those who call in. The majority of people who answer after the noon hour are Hispanic - not prejudiced - but they do not understand what you are saying to them; hence the errors with orders. Always frustrated after talking to customer service - ALWAYS. Would handle all of my associate and customer concerns personally so they would not have to deal with customer service so they would not quit and had to continually apologize for corporate mistakes with orders, etc. Too much rhetoric not enough TLC of associates and their customers. No real sales tools in comparison to other MLM companies. Very disappointed with what transpired when joined as associate almost 5 years ago. No longer building business since new comp plan as the only way to make any actual money is by having retail customers. The washout (no kidding!!) of power leg with new comp plan was a real kick in the teeth. Hope deferred, soul sick, really don't care anymore just staying in because I CARE about my few remaining associates and customers. If they quit I will pack it in as well. My biggest personal product peeve is that Max did away with the ATP liquid.

Advice to Management

Stop messing with the comp plan and products (ATP for example). Listen to the complaints and work at fixing the problems . . . PLEASE!

11. Max is very fueled by MAX

Current Employee - Associate in Cebu City (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Associate in Cebu City (Philippines)

I have been working at Max International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the people are so great and has a teamwork , the product are unbelievable

Cons

very hard to talk to someone who's not open minded and always think negative

RSS Feed </> Embed