Max New York Life Insurance

Updated October 6, 2014
3.7

Max New York Life Insurance CEO & Managing Director Rajesh Sud
Rajesh Sud

Pros
  • Job safety for all trainers, work culture safety for all women were the real add ons (in 11 reviews)

• Flexible work environment, independence, every day is different (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Salary is all commission based, not a great job for a student out of college (in 3 reviews)

• senior management is out of touch, there have been many re-orgs and lay-offs over the past 5 years (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Working as Assistant Manger as MNYL

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I worked at Max New York Life Insurance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good opportunities and Good learning and with great deal of responsibilities.

Cons

No transparency and office politics is at its peak

Kindly take care of office politics and give chance to talent.

From Excellent place to work to marginal

Former Employee - Developer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Developer in New York, NY

I worked at Max New York Life Insurance full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The pay is good and there are a lot of good people that work you. There is a generous vacation policy, but benefits are being eroded year after year.

Cons

senior management is out of touch, there have been many re-orgs and lay-offs over the past 5 years. No stability, and no job security.

Salary was completely based on commission and it was a big adjustment to this coming from salaried positions

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Sunrise, FL
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at Max New York Life Insurance full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The status of the company as an organization when it was known. Word in the South Florida market is not as well disseminated as with in other Eastern Seaboard States as New York, Delaware New Jersey and Connecticut. As a person coming from a salaried position it was difficult to adjust in this competitive environment.

Cons

The competitive challenge in sales. I managed my own times except for required sales meetings. I am in business for myself and so it is up to me to make my sales target.

The company is a great company but the working environment and culture is a product of the company's managers especially the partners who manage the individual sales units. There are good managers and there are bad managers especially since their orientation is directly from their sales training and they might have very little or any sales training.

Big Name only!!

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in New Delhi (India)
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in New Delhi (India)

I have been working at Max New York Life Insurance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Employee friendly only to the extent of leaves approved by the managers in the actuarial department.

Cons

extremely poor annual salary hikes, no market correction given, micro management from the managers end.

Great Company

Former Employee - Field Representative in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Field Representative in Miami, FL

I worked at Max New York Life Insurance as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great training and benefits, if taken advantage of.

Cons

Too many meetings, rules, red tape.

* As an Agent & Advisor
    * Achieved ‘‘GURMANTRA AWARD’’ or logging 5 application in ‘‘0’’ Months on July, 2008.

Former Employee - Agent & Advisor in Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - Agent & Advisor in Mumbai (India)

I worked at Max New York Life Insurance as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

* Compensation
    * Business Exposure
    * Customer Service
    * Co-operative
    * Professional

Cons

* Sales Target
    * Less Resources
    * Lenghty Procedures
    * Large Follow-ups
    * No Incenives

Helping people with planning, life insurance, asset protection, retirement planning and education funding .

Current Employee - Agent/Financial Services Professional in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Agent/Financial Services Professional in Denver, CO

I have been working at Max New York Life Insurance full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule. Over six figure income when you really work hard.

Cons

Having to prospect for clients can be challenging.

Horrible Work Environment - September 19th, 2014 Another "D" Day in Technology.....!!!

Current Employee - Senior Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in New York, NY

Pros

Can't think of any real pros here except if your just starting out in your career, take full advantage of training and education subsidiaries.

Cons

Well guys, another major reorganization along with major structural changes will be happening at New York Life once again. There must have been 1-dozen similar changes which have occurred over the past 3-4 years and morale for those who have survived is HORRIFIC.

I'm talking specifically for the Technology Department.

Word of advise for all......if your under 55 years old, don't spend another minute at this company. Based on my work-life experiences, it generally takes a few years for the organizational changes to settle in. Well anyone with half a brain who works here can attest to the fact that Senior Management are trying different plans at the expense of peoples lives and ambitions.

Senior Management = HORRIFIC! TERRIBLE!! If I were a bit younger I'd leave yesterday. So close to retiring I have to suffer through your inept Management style.

Great Team

Former Employee - Human Resources Executive in Chennai (India)
    Former Employee - Human Resources Executive in Chennai (India)

I worked at Max New York Life Insurance as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Hr Team and manager support was really awesome!! Would have loved to work longer... But had to quit :(

Cons

Politics!!! Especially south zone employees...!!! And otherwise it is fine :)

Difficult job, but one can be successful

I have been working at Max New York Life Insurance

Pros

Flexible work environment, independence, every day is different. This made it so you really had full control over how much effort you put into the job.

Cons

I didn't make any money at this job until about a month and a half in. They want you to prove yourself before they will make you full time and give you benefits. i guess that makes sense, but make sure you have some money saved up before you dive into a career in life insurance.

Max New York Life Insurance Photos