Max Studio Reviews

Updated September 16, 2014
Updated September 16, 2014
3.4

Leon Max

For the last 5 years, it's has been the best work experience.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Napa, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Napa, CA

I worked at Max Studio full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Having a great manager, and friendly environment; makes working here a nice a fun place. The clothes are unique, European style.

Cons

Be persistent on making goals, be willing to help your coworkers all the time. Success is not about one person, it's about a Team.

I started as an sales associate, now I am the assistant manager. There's chances to grow in this company.

Not a career

I worked at Max Studio part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's a company that started out great. Slightly higher pay than minimum wage now with the increase. Flexible hours, except for holidays. Average retail job. Clothes are okay priced for employees, average of $25. If you sell the most out of your store or make the highest amount per hour worked, you get a certificate to use at the store to buy their clothes.

Cons

No room for growth and the pay is not even worth moving up. Unless you plan on becoming a career store manager, it is not a place to stay. (even that doesn't sound very glamorous) Company is moving in a different direction and making their outlets look like their retail boutique stores. It's a bad business plan when the majority of the clientele isn't looking for a boutique but a cheap place to get good deals.

increase the pay and ability to grow within the company. Work on separating retail and outlets in how they are managed.

Get it Together, Outlets!

I worked at Max Studio part-time

Pros

The clientale are generally very pleasant, and you'll have regulars who come in and ask for you.

Long shifts--I'm taking an eight hour work day which is atypical in retail. It's nice to actually get hours like that versus four hours and then you go home. Also, and this may vary with location, but the staff is smaller so you'll have better hours 25+ a week.

The clothing generally runs bigger which customers love.

Easily the best Store Manager I've had was at this job (but I can't say the same about the keyholders).

Fantastic store manager. She really was inspiring.

Cons

Mind-numbingly slow during the week, and even some weekends you'll be cleaning and straightening everything twenty times because there's nothing else to do.

You have to wear all black--while it makes getting ready easier and quicker, it's not the best marketing ploy especially considering the numbers for the location I worked were dismal at times.

While the hours were great, they weren't great for the work/life balance. If you have a day off scheduled it probably won't stay that way, and if someone is sick or can't work it screws up the schedule for the day and requires a lot of rearranging.

The fact that there are sale's goals makes people get really territorial. I felt like I had to stalk my customers sometimes because keyholders were always hawking the situation.

Calling VIP customers whenever there was any remote sale going on. It was overkill, and quite a few told us to stop calling so much.

Get more selective with whom you promote. Keyholders were a nightmare--they either didn't care or they were micromanagers. Also, you can't demand people to respect you if you're acting like a dramatic child yourself half the time. They also waited for the store manager to do EVERYTHING instead of learning how to do it themselves. They really put a damper on the morale of the store with how dramatic and narcissistic they were.

Also, if part-time associates are going to be worked like they're full time, perhaps a little more than $9.00 an hour.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Associate designer

Former Employee - Associate Designer  in  Pasadena, CA
    Former Employee - Associate Designer in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Max Studio full-time for less than a year

Pros

good health benefit package no 401K though good vacation

Cons

hours is too long 9-12 hours some weekends.

it's good

Cheap company- Outlet is a hot mess

Former Employee - Stock  in  Rosemont, IL
    Former Employee - Stock in Rosemont, IL

I worked at Max Studio

Pros

- great discount
    - great clothes
    - teamwork emphasis
    - commission

Cons

- diva store manager
    - you will not be promoted
    - your hrs will be cut ( called every other week to say "we're shaving hrs, don't come today")
    - bad behavior by management, co-workers alike
    - favoritism, narcissism, gossip, intimidation ect.

- conduct background checks on management (false resume incidents). This results in ex-cons working in positions they are not qualified for.
    - give promotion opportunities
    - outlet is not boutique so give up the vision. Your backroom is not designed to fit all of your product. Renovate or Go back to the basics.

Max Studio great employer

Current Employee - Key Holder  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Key Holder in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Max Studio full-time for more than a year

Pros

warm team enviroment -competent management team-great discount

Cons

Week days are slow so can not execute sells if their no clients to engage

Divide managerial tasks amount managers-then your able to run company more efficiently-be respectful to everyone-be the thermostat not the thermometer

It was a great opportunity to work for a fashion industry for 6 years as a Janitor.

Former Employee - Janitorial  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Janitorial in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Max Studio full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Everyone that I've worked with where like 2nd family to me.

Cons

Not enough room to grow with as far as career choices.

Appreciate those who make the company for what it is.

Worst company to work for

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Max Studio part-time for more than a year

Pros

Kind of a flexible schedule, if you need an off the manager will accommodate. I worked with some amazing people and kept friendships. If it weren't for them I wouldn't have stayed this long.

Cons

Many many cons but i will keep this short.
    You will be promised many things a the interviewing process but none will be completed.
    You will not be promoted or get any raise at any time, even if you worked there for 4 years.
    If you were hired as a part timer you will stay that way until you leave, they will promise you full time positions but that will not happen.
    Pay is terrible, commission is worse, they don't offer allowances but 70% off of everything as an employee discount.
    Clothes are over prices and are bad quality.
    Some people I worked with are just plain terrible and get away with things from management.
    Very high turn over.
    Over worked and under paid.
    Cheapest company I ever worked for.
    Upper and regional management are pure evil- do not care for the well being of staff only sales goals. (some are at least)

Change your company policies and culture, you hire terrible people and the sales associates get stuck with them. You have terrible branding, expect too much from employees and you are not willing to hear us or accommodate our needs. Stop lying and deceiving.

Excellent, Staff and Company were very nice and great customer service.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Northbrook, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Northbrook, IL

I worked at Max Studio part-time for more than a year

Pros

Managment was great and very accomidating.

Cons

Working retail is terrible around holiday hours.

Keep hiring great people. Everyone is nice.

District Coordinator

I worked at Max Studio full-time

Pros

Great management; flexible hours; clothing/shoe orders every month; ability to solve problems on the spot

Cons

you have to use your own car to travel around, so there is a lot of wear and tear on your vehicle if you have a large territory

Worked for Max Studio? Contribute to the Community!