Maxim Healthcare Services Reviews

509 reviews filtered by
2.8
Maxim Healthcare Services CEO W. Bradley (Brad) Bennett
W. Bradley (Brad) Bennett

Pros
  • Learned a lot by being by myself, so had no choice but to take deep breath and figure it out (in 14 reviews)

• Work life balance-compensation- Fairly honest in office staff-- (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • They only say that they care about work-life balance but in fact they really don't (in 17 reviews)

• long hours for recruiters, you have to do some nights on call (in 27 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Maxim is a good company for entry level LPNs looking to get into homecare

Former Contractor - Licensed Practical Nurse in Akron, OH
    Former Contractor - Licensed Practical Nurse in Akron, OH

I worked at Maxim Healthcare Services as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

I received a ton of experience, a good education on everything related to home healthcare. The entry level pay was better than anywhere else I applied. The hours are very flexible, and the staff is nice and helpful with any problems you have. They always seemed to call to ask if I wanted to pick up and they always have plenty of pick up hours available which is cool if you want to pick up extra money here and there.

Cons

The initial hiring process is a marathon of signing and education, before you begin working. When I was a new nurse the training was welcomed but the paperwork is monotonous and just downright brutal... The pay level didn't change during my time there, but this may have been my fault for not asking to get a raise, but you would assume there would be some sort of pay increase the longer you are there automatically - but there wasn't. Sometimes the calls to pick up hours can be annoying, when you are having some personal time with your family and you are receiving calls deemed as urgent, and you break away just to find out they want you to pick up hours kinda sucks sometimes. The RN supervisors seem to nitpick a little on various minor things regarding documentation or things that aren't very pertinent to care. You have monthly evaluations and you are required to complete monthly CEUs on their website (free) and sometimes meetings are called that are just borefests with no real content, but these things go along with the job really... I experience these things alot as an LPN.

Keep doing a good job! But I would recommend, for someone like me, you may want to evaluate how to give employees incentive to work long term with your company, otherwise most will only look at their employment with Maxim as a stepping stone to a more fulfilling, permanent position with obtainable benefits and pay increases that are satisfying.

2. Great people

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services

Pros

The people, the clients, and the leaders. Good benefits and flexible scheduling is a plus.

Cons

Hiring process includes a lot of back ground checks so if out of state in past 5 yes it can be a week or two.

More recognition to internal staff that are not leadership. Continue with stringent hiring processes.

3. Bitter/Sweet

Former Employee - Healthcare Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Healthcare Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great working experience. Teaches you how to successfully run a business and be a corporate professional. Maxim is premier in providing the correct resources in order for you to do your job. There are many cool positions to look toward, so you can switch and join other fields within this healthcare industry.

Cons

Hiring process is very long. Internal and external. There were too many loopholes to go through in order to conduct business. It almost felt like they expected something from us but at the same time made it very hard to do that. Different offices have different vibes. This position isn't for everyone, but you will learn that all fingers point to you, and most likely you are responsible for everyone doing there job. Without you, there would be no office. Just don't kill yourself through that 10 hr workday.

Provide better support for the recruiters so they won't feel bogged down. Let them know that when they are struggling, you too have been through this before, and if they don't get the picture "lead by example" SHOW THEM HOW IT IS DONE. Don't hire so quickly for this position. A recruiter drives the office. Know someone is ready to give up a lot in order to succeed. Throw out this pay your dues rule, get these individuals in there and get them promoted.

5. REVENUE, SPREAD, and DL's

Current Employee - Administrative Officer in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Administrative Officer in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good Bonus Structure!!! Nationwide offices in almost every state. Will negotiate pay in dire or emergency situations.

Cons

Management team at branch level on unequal levels of pay. The push to increase revenue outweighs customer service and the level of care in the homes. The majority of AO'S are babies getting paid tons of money with very little LEADERSHIP experience.

Stop creating new positions only to promote then demote. Cultivate the talent in the branch level. Quantity is never better than Quality

6. This is an amazing company to work for!

Former Employee - RN HOME CARE in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - RN HOME CARE in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Maxim Healthcare Services part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is a nationwide agency that has the policy and procedures down to a science, making orientation pretty smooth. The schedulers work very hard to get you the shifts you want, with the patients you want. The management works with you to provide the best coverage for the patient.

Cons

As with any Home Care agency- the lack of good health care benefits is a problem, I am not sure if this has changed since the affordable care act went into effect. The pay is quite low for an RN, but understandable due to what the state pays the agency.

Keep up the great work!

7. Love it great management

Current Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant
    Current Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Compassionate employees and management understanding

Cons

Getting coverage for sick time

8. Typical Home Health Company

Current Employee - CNA in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - CNA in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services

Pros

Large client base good pay for home care

Cons

Not enough hours all the time

9. It's been ok.

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services

Pros

The flexibility of the scheduling is great for people who have availability fluctuations ( school, kids, secondary jobs, etc) They also staff a broad area within the city, so there can be many cases to choose.

Cons

It's inconsistent for me. The cases can be sporadic at times. It's probably better suited as a secondary job, to supplement a primary income.

Email in timesheets instead of the drop box. Provide free or discounted transportation for employees.

10. Company w/ few contracts and limited experience of staff

Current Employee - RN At Maxim in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - RN At Maxim in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services

Pros

Friendly staff who do not have enough staff due to poor pay

Cons

Mostly young individuals fresh out of college. Poor pay

none

They are excellent employer

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services

Pros

Best thing that working as a homecare LPN, It give the freedom to work the time is best for me so I have time to pick up my children. I love to work one and one with client.

Cons

I don't have problem working with Maxim Healthcare, the company tried to make sure you are okay with the hour that was provide to you.

Maxim Healthcare Services Photos