Maxim Healthcare Services

Updated August 25, 2014

2.7

Maxim Healthcare Services CEO W. Bradley (Brad) Bennett
W. Bradley (Brad) Bennett

Pros
  • I gained a lot of experience and learned a lot because I had to pick up so many things unrelated to my job (in 12 reviews)

• And the office staff is available 24/7, without fail, at my local office (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • They only say that they care about work-life balance but in fact they really don't (in 14 reviews)

• long hours for recruiters, you have to do some nights on call (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

OK for part time job.

I worked at Maxim Healthcare Services part-time

Pros

Maxim was a great part time job, I was able to work around my schedule.

Cons

Communication was not the best, went to a few jobs that were cancelled or the hours changed.

Okay Place of Employment

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Beaumont, TX
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Beaumont, TX

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services part-time for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance-compensation- Fairly honest in office staff--

Cons

Office culture-miscommunication-do not follow up--pick and choose favorites--unorganized--Not full pay for orientation on a case

Better communication with nurses and clients. Follow up on schedules, etc when stating you will. Do not make it obvious who the favorites are. Improve on organization. Pay nurses full pay for orientation on a case.

LVN

Current Employee - LVN  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - LVN in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Flexibility, Awsome friendly staff. Strict Policies, Convenient weekly pay periods.

Cons

Obtaining Full Time employment can be a challenge, otherwise, its great as a secondary job. Very knowledgeable staff. Unable to be hired immediately from employers.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services

Pros

Great place to work for!

Cons

I have nothing negative to say.

ok to work for on the short term

Former Employee - Human Resources  in  Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are good, tuition reimbursement, co-workers were typically nice to work with, good lower level management, great place to get your feet wet

Cons

Lack of organization, direction and support from senior management, lack of accountability, low pay, under value their employees, high turnover

Great in some States and Horrible in others

Current Employee - Licensed Vocational Nurse  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Licensed Vocational Nurse in Houston, TX

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I worked with Maxim for over 20 years now. The Florida and New York Offices are superior. They work hard to get you hours and they are professional and honest. The recruiters are excellent. The Georgia and Texas locations are just the opposite. They lie and they are very unfair in work assignments and pay.

Cons

Culture of the company does not extend to all states and regions. There is no consistency in the work ethic of the recruiters or the pay

The Spring Office is very unprofessional and do not have any staff worth keeping in that office. The Sugarland office has a consistent account manager but again the recruiters are horrible.

boring with poor management

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse  in  Evansville, IN
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Evansville, IN

I worked at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

easy work, great families, easy paper work, that's about all I can say pro wise

Cons

management doesn't care about their clients or staff, they hire young 20 somethings that don't know anything about medical field. And you get one client all day all week, they should mix it up with other clients

Hire management with a medical background

Great assignments but subpar pay

Current Employee - Licensed Vocational Nurse  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Licensed Vocational Nurse in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Great dynamic and changing job assignments. They offer ok benefits

Cons

Exorbitant cost of healthcare benefits for what you actually get in coverage. The hourly pay was terrible for the level of work that you are doing, they advertise inflated benefits that dont really exist when you start working for them. Ok if you are an entry level nurse but if you are a seasoned professional go elsewhere where youll make what your worth and be given assignments that will allow you to grow your professional career goals.

Pay better, Dont stick nurses with assignements that will never nurture growth in their field. Actually offer the benefits that you advertise and Offer better health insurance options.

Not worth the time for the money but for helping others it is

Current Employee - CNA I  in  Hickory, NC
    Current Employee - CNA I in Hickory, NC

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services part-time for less than a year

Pros

weekly pay and clients are wonderful

Cons

gas takes my check with the hours im given at the pay they give me

Treat employers good and they will be good workers

Good First Job

Former Employee - Healthcare Recruiter
    Former Employee - Healthcare Recruiter

I worked at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time

Pros

Lots of responsibility, on the job training, diverse tasks, and small offices

Cons

Not interested in building employee relationship, bottom line is everything, and all the talk about money can become overwhelming

Help develop employees, work harder to retain recruiters, and reduce on call hours

Worked for Maxim Healthcare Services? Contribute to the Community!