Maximized Living

Maximized Living Reviews

Updated September 7, 2014
Updated September 7, 2014

Shel Hart

Long hours. Low pay. Positively impacting lives though.

Former Employee - Chiropractic Assistant/Office Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Chiropractic Assistant/Office Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Maximized Living full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Travel to Florida or Colorado for training was fun when it could be afforded by the practitioner. Free chiropractic care for you and your spouse and/or children. Discounts on supplements. Overall positive health values that you extended to your well-being as well as the patients. Depending on the clinic, your job duties will line up with your interests. For example, marketing tasks or patient nutrition consultations. It really is satisfying when you see a patient that has a very positive experience whether it is getting out of pain, losing weight, getting off medications, or eating better. I loved the patients and that is the number one reason I came to work every day!

Cons

The revenue goal bonuses at the clinic I worked at were out of reach for me for over a year and during that time, I received a $1.00 raise per hour. I started at $10.00 and ended at $12.00 an hour during the two years I was employed.
    The ML clinics have long hours and require weekend work frequently. There is often no work/life balance for the rate of pay and the amount of work you are tasked with. Another con are the split shifts (Example, Mon 8a-10a and 3p-5p). No benefits, retirement, etc. And, lastly, little room to deviate from the 'scripts' that the corporate office wanted you to use on a daily basis when interacting with patients during the different stages of their care. It could become very mundane and sometimes, even, an insult to one's intelligence.

Address con's above.

Great concept/product, poor design/leadership.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Celebration, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Celebration, FL

I worked at Maximized Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Have access to a wealth of information on how to live a healthy lifestyle. Travel to Denver, Colorado once a year.

Cons

No performance reviews for employees to improve from/upon. Very little career advancement opportunity (70% turnover rate). Little recognition for achievements/goals met. Coercion to live a "Maximized Living" (chiropractic/organic/fit) lifestyle through weekly health meetings, emails, etc...

Explain, concisely, to department heads exactly where you are taking the company and then let them head in that direction with their talent/skills you hired them for. Do not insult employees personally.

All management is handled by the CEO

I worked at Maximized Living

Pros

Excellent health advisory company that provides end-to-end support for newly graduated chiropractors

Cons

The CEO controls all management decisions. Managers with direct reports rarely last one year.