Maxsys Solutions

Current Account Manager

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Maxsys Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great environment that allows the opportunity to earn six figure compensation if willing to work hard. The company is able to change on a dime, very nimble organization. Company strives to offer a work/life balance. Good support from management, great commission plan, cohesive team, and solid benefits including 401k and profit sharing.

Cons

More industry specific, IT staffing business is very competitive and you have to stay on top of your game to continue to earn six figure income.

Continue performance club trips and all the monthly/quarterly contest

Maxsys Solution could be right for you, could not

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter  in  Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Frisco, TX

I worked at Maxsys Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is an open atmosphere for communication and is at time a fun place to work. With a work hard play hard atmosphere. The tier based commission structure is pretty progressive. A determined hard working recruiter could make awesome money here. Their database of IT Professional contacts is quite extensive, and it is very possible to make a placement simply by diving into this internal database. Management also has not problems what so ever investing more money into tools that can bring more success to recruiters, and they're open to recruiters asking for more tools.

There is a good amount of Team Building when things are going well. When goals are being reached management will spring for trips to fun activities and happy hours. There is also multiple opportunities to win trips, and the Christmas parties are fun.

Cons

It definitely is a "Good O'l Boy" atmosphere. If you're and ethnic minority or gay person, forget about it. They wouldn't hire you, and you wouldn't want to work there.

Management can be conveniently forgetful. Getting them to pay referral fees at times is like pulling teeth, and sometimes they flat out refuse to. Saying they've extended the time a placed candidate has to work, until they pay the person that referred the candidate, hoping that eventually everyone involved in the process forgets. Even though is says clearly on their website the conditions.

Often time getting feedback from a certain group of clients is very difficult. Sometime the response back from the Account Manager would be very vague "Not technical enough" is sometimes all you would receive. Leaving you lost when trying to find more candidates to submit to that req. There would still be high pressure on you to deliver candidate to this position, hoping that you could figure out on your own what the client was looking for.

Just be a little more consistent and delivering on the things you say you will.

High stress, but you can make $$$

Current Employee - Sales  in  Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Maxsys Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Competitive compensation structure. It is tier based, the higher your run rate is the higher your commission rate is. A great recruiter can make $150-$200k/year.The benefits are ok for a single person because they're paid, but it's pricey if you have a family.
    -Lots of jobs to work
    -they typically hire really good people so you shouldn't have any problems making friends

Cons

-Work/life balance. I've seen a couple of current or ex employees put 5 stars on work/life balance. Wait, what? You have to be at work by 8-830 and don't try to leave before 530. Taking sick days is frowned upon, but what can you do? Most everyone I worked with would get off by 6-630, go home and do their family thing, then put in another 2 hours of work at night. If you're going to work here, be ready to do that.
    -KPI's are focused on how many calls you make and people you bring in office. 50 calls a day(the call sheet is pulled just about everyday and you know how many calls each person made), 10 interviews(having the office in Frisco isn't always close to where people live so good luck with getting 10 every week).
    -The business is owned by 3 principals and they're in the office every day. They know who you're calling, emailing, etc. If you can't handle someone looking over your shoulder, this isn't the place for you.

Relax on KPI's. Experienced recruiters know where to find people and are connected. Calling people just to get a certain number of calls isn't providing quality to the candidates.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best Place I've Ever Worked

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter  in  Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Maxsys Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are many great advantages that come with working here including one of the top commission structures in DFW, 401k matching and profit sharing, market-competitive base salaries, and great benefits including health/dental/vision insurance. The company offers weekly, monthly, quarterly, 1/2 year, and YTD contests with cash prizes and vacations and offers a casual environment with engaged colleagues.

All of that is great but what really stands out is that I've never worked for a company that truly values their employees and treats them as family like Maxsys Solutions. They've been nothing but supportive and flexible with any situation that arises and causes me to have to put work off for a period of time. Everyone here is always willing to help.

Cons

This isn't really a "con" but this environment isn't for everyone. People who are competitive and motivated by their job in an open and vibrant environment do very well here. Someone who is only looking to collect a paycheck and go home wouldn't last long.

Keep doing what you're doing. We have something special here and I hope to be a part of it for a long time to come. You're never going to please everyone but those are the people who will complain about anything and everything with a bad attitude no matter what you do.

Leeches

Former Employee - IT Support  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - IT Support in Dallas, TX

I worked at Maxsys Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

They managed to have at least one client. I turned that contact into a real job. Go me! Also, they can't make you show up for work. For example, in 2 months I took off 2 days for sick, 1 day for vacation, then 2 days for vacation. It hurts my pocket book but they can't say a thing.

Cons

They are getting at least double what you are getting. Negotiating for more money is a hard thing to do, especially because they have the job contact, and if you demand more money, they just put other people in to interview. All-in-all that is a business model that is similar to a leech. The people there are not knowledgeable about anything that doesn't involve mooching off your skills. They don't offer relevant advice, they can't communicate your skills to the hiring manager, they can't communicate what the hiring manager is actually looking for. It's funny to a degree, then after you solidify an interview, get the job, learn what is actually going on, you can't get more money, they have you in a contract. They don't negotiate after that. And finally you learn they are making $65 - 80 a hour minus what you get. We, as IT people, need more power and education in the hiring process. We are letting these staffing agencies walk all over us.

They only time my agent called me was a) to give me a contact number, b) to ask if I was being converted, c) finally to say he thinks I am being converted. I knew I was being converted. It's not my job to bring him into the loop. I did all the work.

A company that does not deliver on its published values

I worked at Maxsys Solutions full-time

Pros

Casual Friday's, Golden Tee, a beer keg and free soda pop.

Cons

The company continues to post self reviews that indicate a growing culture that is both innovative, different and better than other local firms. The company is micromanaged from the top with competitor strategies and KPI's that are not relevant to the current environment. The management team does not foster career growth or the value of deep relationships. They consisently remind you that this is the best IT staffing comapny in Dallas and how lucky you are just to be there.

The management team seems content as a good-ol-boys club with an out dated approach. They should move away from the day to day operations of the business.

Maxsys Solutions has been an excellent company to hone my skills and abilities in a fun and professional environment

I have been working at Maxsys Solutions

Pros

The most compelling reason Maxsys Solutions is a great company to have involvement in, is their care and concern for all people they come in contact with. They take good care of their internal employees and value all of the people they place within other clients.

Cons

One thing that could be considered a pro or con is that Maxsys Solutions only operates in Information Technology staffing confined to the DFW area. This means they are very specialized in what they do so they are very good at it, however the majority of their business efforts are in DFW.

Worked for Maxsys Solutions? Contribute to the Community!