Maxwell Systems

Not yet rated.

Jim Flynn

Challenging / Fast Paced

Senior Business Consultant (Current Employee) Santa Cruz, CA

ProsQuick to act and open door policy throughout the organization. Good place to have an impact.

ConsAll Managment seems to be shifting to KOP HQ location. Pay is on the low end of scale for jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of the people that take care of you.

West coast company driven from the east coast

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Santa Cruz, CA

ProsExcellent training, education, open sharing of knowledge. Lots of opportunities for growth and advancement.

ConsTypical tiered east coast management style. Interaction between departments (I.e. support and engineering) prohibited.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote collaboration and everyone will win.

Lots of ups and Downs

ProsSteady pay-check and the employees are really nice to get along with.

ConsThe pay for insides sales is a joke and there is a lot of turnover. They kind of wing-it with alot of sales processes. Customers are dodged and lied to.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing now they were acquired by another company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Maxwell is a place of many opportunities for motivated employees

Finance Specialist - Order Fulfillment (Current Employee) King of Prussia, PA

ProsMaxwell knows that to stay on the top in this economy, you have to invest in two ways - People and Technology. Keeping their employees happy will impact their customers. It is a fun atmosphere at work while also a continuously changing environment. They listen to and encourage new ideas - our CEO and CFO have open doors to listen to anyone anytime. We try to move from making customers satisfied to Wowing and delighting them. We offer the most advanced technology in the construction business by combining the worlds of estimating and accounting. Our customers can use one software product, end to end within their business, from take-off to cash, in addition to accessing the latest in project management tools. I'm proud to be one of the Maxwell Family.

ConsThis environment moves continuously - this is not a place for any person that doesn’t like change. This is not a company where you have a routine job that will bore you after a while. I've been in my role for more than 5 years now and I'm still learning new stuff: new ways to do my job faster and with less effort. If you are hungry to learn, like efficiency, love to have new adventure every day at work - this is a great place to be.

Advice to Senior Management1- Create more competitive challenges across departments with prizes, to foster closer relationships and bring out the best of your employees.
    2- Have monthly brain-storming meeting across departments to listen to problems and jointly solve it. This will promote team problem solving and lessen blame-placing and finger-pointing. Invest more time in fixing problems and ensuring they won’t happen again, not just on inspecting the problem.
    3- Keep investing in your employees education, training, and knowledge; they are the key to your success.
    4 - Grow additional formal Quality Assurance post-sale – within Support, Services, and any other department that directly impacts our customers. Be Proactive and not just reactive. Keep listening to our customers.

Innovative, driven environment - exciting place to work!

Manager (Current Employee) King of Prussia, PA

ProsMaxwell is a wonderful place to work if you are looking for a "career' as opposed to a "job". There are countless opportunities to raise your ideas and affect positive change, not only in your specific area but throughout the organization. Management is focused on investing generously in their employees, customers and product!

ConsAs in any thriving environment where progress is constant, there is often a need for rapid change and reassessment of processes, needs, and goals. This fast-paced atmosphere is not for everyone! If you are looking for a 9-5 job where you're expected do the same thing every day and keep your mouth shut...Maxwell is not for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter leverage social media to reach more customers, employees, prospects! Ensure continued improvement of response time/issue resolution/follow-through for our customers.

Great culture, I would highly recommend Maxwell as a great place to work!

Account Manager (Current Employee) Sarasota, FL

ProsThere are many employees who have been with the company for a long time. This makes a statement about the company, everyone is dedicated and professional. The newest software is the latest and greatest technology and offers a single solution for the construction industry. The different departments work excellent together and you can always find someone to help. Senior management’s energy is contagious and they share the vision of the future with all employees.

ConsThere are many seasoned employees but they are not afraid of change and embrace it. Sometimes you need to work past 5:00 but being salaried and commission I don't mind if it means more money in my pocket.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to go into the trenches with your employees. It is refreshing to know that upper management understands the trials and tribulations the employees encounter. Keep promoting from within based on merit it pushes us to work harder.

Unpleasant work enviornment

(Former Employee)

ProsWhile I found there were very few pros while working for Maxwell Systems, I will say that there were a few perks working for the company. First, they offered good benefits. I have found that since working there, it is hard to find medical benefits as good as theirs. There are also a few executives who truly do care about the well being of their fellow employees.

ConsWhile office gossip happens in every work enviornment, the people at this company are ruthless and downright mean. Snickers are heard frequently in the gloomy office. Executives and Directors are condescending and cold. Direction was limited when projects were assigned and WHEN direction was actually given, it was occasionally wrong. When an issue arose with a project, managers and co-workers were quick to throw others under the bus. It was all in all a miserable enviornment and the constant flow of calls from customers unhappy with the support they were receiving from the company made it even worse.

Advice to Senior ManagementA pleasant workplace is imperitive to the success of a company. Employees are a big part of why a company prospers and word of mouth goes a long way. I know I have already told quite a few people in the construction field not to purchase Maxwell Systems software and I am sure others have as well.

Overpromises and underdelivers both to customers and employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMaxwell Systems does attempt to be on the cutting edge of construction software development.

ConsUnfortunately, attempt only gets Maxwell so far. They have put all their eggs into 1 basket and failed to garner the attention of the market as they intended. Attempts to compete against larger enterprise software companies have consistently failed and as a result has taken focus away from satisfying the needs of their current customers. Their customers are consistently unhappy and Senior management either does not see this or does not care. Instead of promoting from within, Maxwell habitually hires those positions from outside the organization.

Maxwell's inefficiencies combined with its barren target market, the construction industry correlates to a poor place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour product implementation is a disaster. Customers are perpetually unhappy. Promote your employees both hierarchically and compensatorily.

Stagnated and underutilized, unable to access the "inner circle" to shift poor performance across groups

Director (Current Employee)

ProsEstablished and reasonably stable in its market. profitable but no longer growing. Solid core base of longtime customers

ConsSlow moving, not innovators, distracted by shiny objects and not diligent around core software development practices, resulting in poor quality and customer attrition.

Advice to Senior ManagementEstablish accountability for deliverables across groups and then follow through on actions, both positive and negative. Take care of your core customers first, then allocate resources to new development. Get off installed software and onto the cloud.

Worked for Maxwell Systems? Contribute to the Community!