Maxxam Analytics

Jon Hantho

An okay place to work

Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Maxxam Analytics full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMaxxam has high safety standards, reasonable limitations on overtime requirements, and does make a concerted effort to recognize those who try to better the company and/or its methods. They are also pretty sharp about making sure their methods are accurate and their data is supportable. Management short of the regional level is excellent.

ConsMaxxam's dedication to service does not extend to their own employees. The internal departments - HR and IT - both have major issues with performance and communication. These departments, as well as upper management, often make decisions that are very unpopular with the rest of the company without consultation. The corporate culture is blatantly generic, the compensation is on the low side, and the benefits are barely adequate.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreater transparency in the upper level decision-making process, as well as increased input from employees, might help to increase worker engagement and enthusiasm. Internal review is necessary to bring HR and IT up to standard in terms of customer service and accuracy. Communication between labs and departments should be increased, especially among the non-management echelons. Both pay and benefits could stand to be increased across the board.

Not bad

Lab Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Maxxam Analytics full-time for more than a year

ProsLarge company, nice benefits, good reputation on the market

ConsToo many overqualified people on unqualified positions

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not require high level of education, if you do not need it

Not a right place to work....

Senior Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Maxxam Analytics full-time for more than a year

ProsIf you are workaholic, go for this place. free food once a month.

ConsManagement giving bad references for their employees during reference check. So be aware.....They built lot of pressure of work for you to create small mistakes and then they terminate you for no reason. Its total non professionalism approach. They learn from new recruits and kick them off...

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement need to learn how to have professional attitude for people who had worked with them and not look for their own benefit

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

nice place to work

Administration (Current Employee)

I have been working at Maxxam Analytics full-time for more than a year

Prosfriendly and helpful staff, free lunches, lots of opportunities to learn new things, opportunities to progress through the company if you want to, good benefits and holiday pay

Consstressful deadlines, seems to be high turn over of staff as other companies offer more money and benefits

Advice to Senior Managementmore incentive to keep staff long term

analyst

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Maxxam Analytics

Pros-very structured
-flexible hours
-relax environment
-Good safety training and record

Cons-lack of career progression
-needs better management between profits and employees
-sometimes I just wonder who i am working for
-Cannot say much about other departments
-applicable skills learned school seemed minimal

Not a place I would like to work

Lab Technician (Former Employee)

I worked at Maxxam Analytics as a contractor

ProsGreat "stepping stone" for fresh grads and new immigrants. Multicultural. Not too bad for the permanent employees.

ConsLow salary, high employee turnover rate, nepotism. Individuals with great talent and qualifications will be underutilized and difficult to reach their potential.

My best career move so far was accepting a position at Maxxam Analytics

Analyst I (Current Employee)

I have been working at Maxxam Analytics full-time for more than a year

Pros-opportunities for advancement
-opportunities to learn new things every day
-being part of a growing company that is continuously expanding
-great benefits package
-very busy work environment, which I like because it keeps me motivated to do my best
-welcoming positive culture and work environment
-opportunity to build lots of friendships with co-workers

Cons-sometimes it can get stressful with the amount of workload, but you just have to break it down into small milestones for yourself to keep motivated
-not a lot of people realize and appreciate how much of a great place Maxxam is to work at!

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management is doing a great job in keeping the organization moving forward in a positive direction.

human resources

I have been working at Maxxam Analytics full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat company to work for if you are looking to learn new things. One always keeps busy and days go by very fast. Company goes through a lot of changes as it grows and it is great to see that you are offered a variety of tools to be able to perform your job. Company encourages growth from within and management seems supportive of new ideas and opportunities to improve the work environment. I feel comfortable sharing idea and expressing my point of you. Maxxam offers job stability and remarkable benefits. You have the feeling that you are working with the best in your field.

Constoo many emails in a single day!

Opportunity

I have been working at Maxxam Analytics full-time for less than a year

ProsMaxxam offers a lot to it's employees, more and more as it grows at a rapid pace. Great benefit packages, employee events (breakfats, BBQ's, free ice cream), nice facilities, free coffee rewards program, employee assistance program. There are a lot of jobs opening as we expand and Maxxam likes to promote from within. Definitely gives you an opportunity to try different positions. In my experience here I have been given the freedom to try many different things which has been an amazing learning experience.

ConsWhile Maxxam's salary structure reflects competitve wages within the analytical testing industry, they are fairly low, resulting in turnover. The cons would really depend on your specific role.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs you grow continue to offer employees advancement and benefit opportunities to keep them growing with you.

Opportunity, Support, Benefits and more at Maxxam.

Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Maxxam Analytics full-time for more than 8 years

ProsDiverse lines of business = longevity in the market place.
Multidiciplines allow for numerous opportunities for employees to gain experience in a number of areas of analytical testing.
Very supportive of continuing training and employee development
Big supporter of new residents with overseas credentials
Diverse benefit's packages - range of benefits/options and award programs are continuously improved and expanded.
Opportunities for contract summer work for new grads and co-op's to gain valuable experience. Many are hired permanently.
Compensation is fair and appropriate to experience and marketplace comparison.
Large and focused safety program. Saftey of staff, employee families, customers and visitors is strongly supported from the top down.
Empraces multiculturism.

ConsThere are no cons that are specific to Maxxam, that would be different to any other empolyer that provides laboratory services. Demands of customers can be high and as a service provider - in order to remain successful, those customer requirements need to be met.
Some days will require additional hours/extra effort to accomplish this - however those that continuously step up, have been rewarded in some fashion and typically advance in their career quicker than those that do not.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is surprising to see negative comments by some former employee's. My personal experience has been one where I have been supported from an entry level position, through a number of promotions and positions.

Worked for Maxxam Analytics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Maxxam Analytics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Maxxam Analytics CEO Jon Hantho. All 25 reviews posted anonymously by Maxxam Analytics employees.