Maxxam Analytics Reviews

Updated September 27, 2014
Updated September 27, 2014

Jon Hantho

Maxxam is a great company.

Current Employee - Software Developer  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Maxxam Analytics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very nice place to work. Good benefits and good IT team.

Cons

The company is far from my home.

Maxxam Analytics is a well run company

I have been working at Maxxam Analytics full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Maxxam Analytics is a very well run company that values its employees, customers and community.

Cons

Due to company recently being bought potential for culture change.

Keep to your core values

human resources

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Maxxam Analytics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company to work for if you are looking to learn new things. One always keeps busy and days go by very fast. Company goes through a lot of changes as it grows and it is great to see that you are offered a variety of tools to be able to perform your job. Company encourages growth from within and management seems supportive of new ideas and opportunities to improve the work environment. I feel comfortable sharing idea and expressing my point of you. Maxxam offers job stability and remarkable benefits. You have the feeling that you are working with the best in your field.

Cons

too many emails in a single day!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My best career move so far was accepting a position at Maxxam Analytics

Current Employee - Analyst I  in  Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Analyst I in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Maxxam Analytics full-time for more than a year

Pros

-opportunities for advancement
    -opportunities to learn new things every day
    -being part of a growing company that is continuously expanding
    -great benefits package
    -very busy work environment, which I like because it keeps me motivated to do my best
    -welcoming positive culture and work environment
    -opportunity to build lots of friendships with co-workers

Cons

-sometimes it can get stressful with the amount of workload, but you just have to break it down into small milestones for yourself to keep motivated
    -not a lot of people realize and appreciate how much of a great place Maxxam is to work at!

Upper management is doing a great job in keeping the organization moving forward in a positive direction.

Opportunity, Support, Benefits and more at Maxxam.

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Maxxam Analytics full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Diverse lines of business = longevity in the market place.
    Multidiciplines allow for numerous opportunities for employees to gain experience in a number of areas of analytical testing.
    Very supportive of continuing training and employee development
    Big supporter of new residents with overseas credentials
    Diverse benefit's packages - range of benefits/options and award programs are continuously improved and expanded.
    Opportunities for contract summer work for new grads and co-op's to gain valuable experience. Many are hired permanently.
    Compensation is fair and appropriate to experience and marketplace comparison.
    Large and focused safety program. Saftey of staff, employee families, customers and visitors is strongly supported from the top down.
    Empraces multiculturism.

Cons

There are no cons that are specific to Maxxam, that would be different to any other empolyer that provides laboratory services. Demands of customers can be high and as a service provider - in order to remain successful, those customer requirements need to be met.
    Some days will require additional hours/extra effort to accomplish this - however those that continuously step up, have been rewarded in some fashion and typically advance in their career quicker than those that do not.

It is surprising to see negative comments by some former employee's. My personal experience has been one where I have been supported from an entry level position, through a number of promotions and positions.

Good, but a contract lab.

I worked at Maxxam Analytics

Pros

As contract labs go, this is a very good one. QA standards are very strict, so if you get unexpected results, that is the client's problem not yours. None of this nonsense of just giving the client the result they want whether it's accurate or not, which is prevalent in so many contract labs.

Cons

The pay is not great, the pace is uneven but often hectic. But again this is a contract lab so that is the nature of the industry. I would advise a young person to start here, put in a few years, and move on to something better, unless you get promoted and enjoy the hectic pace. Then by all means stay and make a career of it.

Share more specific info with employees about state of the company at meetings. Also, Edmonton Environmental DESPARATELY NEEDS A NEW BUILDING. This is more critical than you think.

A great place to work with great people, and a good first step into an industry.

Former Employee - Laboratory Analyst  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Laboratory Analyst in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at Maxxam Analytics as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Great management staff, fantastic workplace policies, and the corporate culture is one that respects employees first. The management staff would routinely come around making sure that each employees needs were being met, and if not they would work towards rectifying whatever was wrong.

Cons

Shift work among temporary workers, and in the busy season long hours. There is a continual deadline for processed work, but that is the nature of a laboratory that operates based on client contracts.

Perhaps a third mid day to early evening shift during the busy season would alleviate some of the strain on some workers.

Great starting point

Former Employee - Laboratory Technician  in  Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Laboratory Technician in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I worked at Maxxam Analytics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly environment and very supportive staff. Superiors are not shy in training subordinate if great interest is visible.

Cons

Poor hours. Long hours: no work-life balance

Management have to let system break sometimes to remedy the real problem, instead of patch things up on the spot. e.g., adding significant hours of over time. There should be a better coordination between sales group and laboratory group.

Very nice managed company with having multiple opportunities within company

I have been working at Maxxam Analytics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company. which have very high level of ethics, integrity and scientific back ground with highly qualified Laboratory personnels

Cons

company can more improve in salary standards of highly qualified people working in the comapny

giving change to promotions considering only skills & quailifications

Shipper Reciver

Current Employee - Analyst I  in  Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Analyst I in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Maxxam Analytics as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

If you are looking for a company with lots of diverse opportunity for career growth, then this is the right company for you.

Cons

It appears to me that promotion from within is based on if you have a close friendship with your supervisor.

If you are a hard worker but not socially close with your supervisor, you may be over looked for promotion, which should not be the case. Promotion should be based on the quality of work delivered.

Maxxam Analytics Photos

Worked for Maxxam Analytics? Contribute to the Community!