Maxxima Reviews

1 Rating

1. Featured Review

Graduate Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at Maxxima full-time

Pros

A very sociable office in which to work. Management keep a close eye on your progress without micromanaging. The graduate recruitment consultant route gives you an opportunity to learn the role by acting as a support member for one of the recruitment teams. Once you show promise and capability in this initial role, promotion onto a sales desk can be very prompt, thus making it a meritocracy.

Cons

I have no personal 'cons' at the moment, other than training could perhaps be a little more structured.

Advice to Management

A lot of what is taught is word of mouth. Benefits may be had from a more prescribed training protocol.

Jun 26, 2015Group HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Providing our people with the knowledge and skills as they grow in our business is something that's really important to us. Opportunities to
    ... More

2. Maxxima - London Office

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Maxxima full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everybody is really friendly here and willing to help, particularly with myself being new to the recruitment consultant position, they have all been willing to help me locate candidates.
    The company looks after its staff really well, better than any company I have previously worked for, and the morale is kept high by the benefits that come with working for Maxxima.
    The office is also in a really good location, and I like the laid back atmosphere we have here.
    The rate of progression is also very good if you put the work in, I received a promotion in less than a month.

Cons

In my first week, I was left slightly to fend for myself in terms of training on Compliance, I did feel like there was a few things that had not been explained to me during the training process. However, there were lots of people to ask, who have all been happy to answer any questions I have had.

Advice to Management

A more structured and in depth training programme, particularly when starting on Compliance.

3. Generally very positive

I have been working at Maxxima

Pros

Great Company to work for, the office vibe is brilliant, people are great and very motivating environment to be in. Minimal cold calling which is always a plus, great rates which helps when bringing new candidates in. Great way to earn money if you are willing to work hard, great benefits and incentives too.

Cons

Not many bad points, training is very minimal and you definitely get thrown into the deep end in your first month or so. However this is the best way to learn at this job, it is 'learn as you go'. Good thing is that you can ask as any questions are you want to the training staff.

5. Graduate Recruitment Consultant

Current Employee - Graduate Recruitment Consultant in Shoreditch, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Graduate Recruitment Consultant in Shoreditch, England (UK)

I have been working at Maxxima

Pros

A highly sociable company to work for, though loses none of its competitive edge and market standing because of it. In fact, it promotes healthy competition and creates a great environment in which to work. Management provide dedicated leadership, allowing you to develop your skills naturally.

Cons

None personally, however a greater emphasis on structure in the first few weeks would only improve the quality of work.

Advice to Management

From a personal standpoint, the way management handles each individual is exemplary. Despite the potential for a little more structure being needed early on, this does not detract from the smooth and efficient way Maxxima runs.

6. Graduate Starter, New to the Area

Current Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in Shoreditch, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in Shoreditch, England (UK)

I have been working at Maxxima

Pros

Very cool location. Great office atmosphere. Flexible employee benefits are very appealing. Starting in the compliance department will give you a good grounding for moving up. Good earning potential.

Cons

May take longer to start earning commission than other businesses in recruiting. One week notice period both during and after probation period may put some people off.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the assessment days, I feel that they are a much better way of hiring than a straight interview process. The only slight downside to mine was perhaps too much of a reliance on presenting but it was a very enjoyable experience.

7. Great Company to Work For!

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Maxxima full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic people, real opportunities to progress and good earning potential.

Cons

Can't think of any at present!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

8. Workplace feedback

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Maxxima full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Having worked for a competitor for 10 years, working here is a breathe of fresh air, and I wish I had made the move much sooner. The team actually work as a team, with everyone helping each other and pulling in the same direction. As a result both productivity and morale is much better, making it a great environment to work in.

Cons

Connectivity between sales & back office (payroll) could be better/easier. With payroll in a different office it can feel quite disjointed on occasion.

Advice to Management

Maybe arrange an opportunity for the sales/finance/payroll teams to meet up all together in a social environment to promote closer working practices.

Jun 29, 2015Group HR Director

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. I’m glad the move to Maxxima has been a success and you are enjoying working here. We work hard to try and promote a positive working environment for ... More

9. A Company that Cares about its Employees

I have been working at Maxxima full-time

Pros

Maxxima is a well run structured company. The office has a fantastic work environment and is a very enjoyable place to work. Once you are given the opportunity to work on a sales desk this can lead to steep financial growth

Cons

i am unable to think or any cons currently

10. Lovely people, great job

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Maxxima

Pros

I have been working at Maxxima for quite some time, I have found the company to a supportive and positive environment, where you are encouraged to find the best recruiting method for you and have the opportunity to learn from some of the top billers in the industry.

Cons

There are no cons to working here that spring to mind

Jun 26, 2015Group HR Director

Thank you for your review. It’s really encouraging to hear your positive comments.

11. Working at Maxxima

I have been working at Maxxima

Pros

I was referred to Maxxima by a friend from University who had been working at the company for a little while and thought that I would really fit in with the environment & enjoy the work, I've since been here for over 2 years.

The office environment is far and away the best part of the job, it's a very active atmosphere and there is always something going (often, even work). As a new starter, the fact that everyone was happy to chat and joke with each other made it very easy to want to get involved and to get to know the people you're working with. As someone who has now been here for a little while, it's pretty much just working with friends.

The easiest way to sum up how things are here is that my flatmates find it strange that I spend so much time outside of work with people from work.

Cons

For the most part, very few, though a corporal punishment scheme for people who don't wash their dishes would probably make a big difference

Advice to Management

There needs to be more clarity on new measures being implemented, from a Compliance standpoint, i.e Professional Indemnity, to avoid confusion for Consultants

RSS Feed </> Embed