May Institute

Add Photos

May Institute CEO Lauren C. Solotar

Lauren C. Solotar

Talent Acquisition Specialist

ProsThe work atmosphere here is unlike any other. Everyone is friendly, eager to advance their careers, and most importantly in it to better the lives of others. I have only been with the company a short while, but everyone I have met and interacted with are professional and willing to train/help others achieve their goals.

ConsThis job can be very challenging on many levels, so if you are looking for a challenge and to make an impact on the lives of others this is your place. I would not advise this company for those who are looking to get rich or work for a company that does not enforce it's policies to ensure fairness to all.

Great coworkers

Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) Randolph, MA

ProsGreat coworkers and the children are amazing! Amazing team building opportunities.

ConsNo raises. You have to fight to put in for time off.

Great people doing amazing work

Director (Current Employee) Randolph, MA

ProsMay Institute has a dedication to improving the lives of both adults and kids that is obvious from the moment you step in the door. It's not just an award winning school for children with Autism, they also do research, assist adults with developmental needs, consult with public schools and run day programs for disabled adults.

ConsLike most human services organizations, there's always a challenge around funding.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees look up to you and appreciate the opportunity to contribute to a truly diverse and compassionate effort.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

HR - Fast Paced Environment

Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) Randolph, MA

ProsGreat co-workers to work with; working on improving how the HR department is handled.

ConsThe company culture is unclear. Communication is unclear. You hear one thing from upper management, and something else from direct supervisor. Non competitive pay and benefits. A lot of unhappy employees within the corporate office.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees issues and concerns regarding changes within the company. You want it to be a work place of choice, then you need to address employee concerns without them feeling that if they speak up, it will be held against them.

Horrible experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosfree parking
    the mission is good

Consnot willing to change
    treat people badly

Unstable

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent benefits. Outtings with residents. Plenty of over-time. Diversity. In-house transfer. Provides company vehicle to transport residents

ConsLow wages. High liability passing meds & interactions with residents.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork as a team. PC's should treat their staff fairly across the board.

Very good positive would work there again

DSP (Current Employee) Orange Park, FL

ProsPromotes from within has health care and Aflac

ConsSome employees do not follow policies

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

good company

Prosopen communication and good managers

Consno raise due to non profit

Advice to Senior Managementkeep open communication

Fomer ABA Therapist

ABA Therapist (Former Employee) Holden, MA

ProsGreat Training, loved working with families and children. The experience I received from this company has definitely set me up for my current position as a special education teacher in a public school setting. I truly enjoyed getting to know the children and families I worked with.

ConsToo much driving, not enough reimbursement, company tries to be as cheap as possible in paying their employees. No paid time off, no paid sick leave, no money given for reimbursement for supplies. Won't let you bill for the hours of time spent on material creation. If its bad weather and you can't drive on the roads, you don't get paid. Your senior therapists always made you feel guilty about having to call out due to weather. I'm sorry, your mean and condescending attitude towards me and other employees doesn't make me want to drive in a foot of snow and possibly die. The company promised to have your cases relatively close to one another, yet I was sometimes driving 200 miles a day, yet only being able to bill for 4 hours.

Senior therapists were extremely condescending to ABA therapists. Very belittling and rude. When you work with special needs children and their families, you need empathy, kindness, personality. You get to know the families and become part of their lives. Certain senior therapists would get on my case for asking how the family was, or asking about their child, i.e., "How did Halloween go? Are they adjusting to their new home? How's their daily routine going? I'm so sorry to hear about Grandma passing away, how are you?" etc. When you are working in someone's home, everyday, you get to know them on more of a personal level. I was not going beyond the professional boundaries by any means, but I wanted families to feel that I cared about them and their child. That I was not a robot, to come in, express no kindness or concern, take up room in their home and their lives, and leave without sincerity.

I am a dedicated professional, who has received many compliments from my employers and families that I work with. My sincerity and true dedication to my students and families, as well as my warm personality, has made me requested by administration in my county, as well as by families who look forward to my working with them. I take pride in that. I'm just glad I found an employer who also stands by the same principles I do.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better. We work in the positive reinforcement field, give some positive reinforcement to your employees, before they quit, like I did.

So far, so good.

ProsThis is an easy to use site- very intuitive and straight forward.

ConsBefore I have a real chance to use this, you are asking for a review-wait a bit..

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Worked for May Institute? Contribute to the Community!