Mayo Clinic

Mayo Clinic Reviews in Scottsdale, AZ

Updated Feb 20, 2014

Mayo Clinic President & CEO John H. Noseworthy

John H. Noseworthy

Pros
  • Directors and supervisors encourage a strong work/life balance(in 13 reviews)

• Great benefits, great leadership, very friendly and professional co-workers(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Centralized decision-making and administrative infrastructure with decreased autonomy for individual departments(in 7 reviews)

• Need more non-patient care areas (lounges, courtyards, gardens, etc(in 6 reviews)

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

My experience at Mayo Clinic has always been positive. The employees are kind, curteous, and very helpful.

Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsGreat cafeteria and facilities! All employees genuinely love their job.

ConsI did not experience any cons while working here.

so so

Research Associate (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

Prosgood medical benefits, really good work/life balance

ConsNo careers opportunities as a scientist, not valued unless an MD, low salry

Great company, great people

Supervisor (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsA company that truly respects and cares for both their patients AND employees. Plenty of PTO, good pay, excellent job security, good growth, good benefits. Many career options, and the bosses will help you achieve your goals, every step of the way.

ConsThere are no cons I can think of!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

excellence in all aspects of the business

Per Diem (Former Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsCorporate culture of respect and highly demanding of excellent performance

ConsVery difficult to move forward, somewhat closed to new, prefer to hire from within

A Great Place to Work ... Only if you are a Medical Professional

Finance (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsExceptional pay for the area, outstanding health benefits, pension (vested after three years) employee resource groups promoting diversity.

ConsIf you are part of 'allied health staff', which basically means anyone not providing direct patient care, you are not considered important. Poor management. They are attempting to manage cross sites and are clueless. Leadership does not care about working conditions and employee morale; when concerns are brought up, employees are told to they are free to move to another company. Limited advancement opportunities for those who want to grow with the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand that while our pay and benefits are great, that is not a free pass to treat your employees fairly. Also, change the pay methodology from a flat rate increase across the board to pay for performance...it's not right for an employee who works at 120% productivity to get the same raise someone sitting at 100% productivity is getting.

It was a pleasant experience with a HUGE learning curve but achievable.

Lead Nuclear Med Tech (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsGREAT BENEFITS. GREAT HOURS at the CLINIC in Scottsdale. Disciplined.Innovators. The BEST of everything to work with in Nuclear Med.

ConsMilitary style of leadership. Rigidity.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Excellent training, great experience, and a good name to have on your record.

Postdoctoral Research (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsAt Mayo, you will work hard but you won't be treated like a slave. The facilities and equipment are well above average. People from other labs and departments are extremely helpful. If you do your part, your PI will do all he/she can to get your work published.

ConsYou may fall in love with Mayo, but they won't fall in love with you. Start planning your next position as soon as you start your postdoc position here. Postdocs are strictly temporary employees, if you're lucky, you may get to stay 3 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be nice if there were some program or resource to help the postdocs land their next position. A lot of the research published/funded at Mayo is done by postdocs, helping us move forward in our careers would be the best way to say thank you.

Worked for Mayo Clinic? Contribute to the Community!