McAfee

McAfee Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

McAfee President Michael DeCesare

Michael DeCesare

Pros
  • Promotes work-life balance - Remote work is often encouraged for FTEs(in 66 reviews)

• You have Flexible Working Hours - can come and go as you wish as long as work gets done(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor flexibility with respect to work/life balance(in 12 reviews)

• Some times senior management can be tricky trying to find scapegoats to escape from their mistakes(in 17 reviews)

Great

ProsGreat work, great team and culture

ConsNormal senior management
    Not so great office

Good place to work for!

Systems Developer (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsVery Good work atmosphere/culture. Good management. People in all the software departments are mostly friendly professionals.

ConsSome times senior management can be tricky trying to find scapegoats to escape from their mistakes.

Advice to Senior ManagementRead my Cons

A "meh" company

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsImmediate colleagues are great and well as immediate managers. Benefits are pretty standard (2 weeks for new employees, 401k match, etc...). There is opportunity to move around within the company if you're interested in different positions that are open. A decent place to start a career.

ConsLack of communication within the company. A lot of "left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing" and very little coordination which can make projects difficult. Very frequent to sudden changes in policy and projects with very little forewarning.

Company politics and a very "silo'd" feeling within the organization. There is also a lack of employee appreciate events/awards and not very competitive raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate better with employees and make them feel valuable through more reward programs.
    Offer competitive pay for current employees to keep good talent.
    Trim down upper management and number of VPs to better avoid internal company politics.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No Leadership Accountability

ProsGreat employees who are very smart. Flexibility. Fighting cyber crime is a noble cause. Pay and Benefits are pretty good.

ConsNo accountability for behaviors of Sr Leadership...including president of company who bullies others. Leaders date employees, hire and promote their friends. Business is not growing and no one is doing anything about it. HR will get rid of people who try to shed light on the bad. HR leaders are just as bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being afraid to do the right thing.

Good and bad aspects of the company

Risk and Compliance (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsDepending on the project you work on it has very little supervision and you can do what you want to get things done

ConsNo management has huge downfalls as well, they will you a project fall flat on its face until the world blows up, then they care.

That is super frustrating

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more technical, you can not couch someone in Chess if you only know Checkers

Good Place to Work

Software QA Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGreat people.
    Great Work Culture.
    Great Managers.
    Great Educational Support.

ConsAggressive Cost cuttings
    Lack of decisive leadership
    Lack of cutting edge technical innovation

Advice to Senior ManagementPls dont change technical road maps often

Great company with excellent technical core

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsCutting edge of security technologies and people that worked in engineering to deliver for both the customers and shareholders.

Consthere were some players in support management that practiced cronyism. This management was unseated by the executive team within six months of my departure and the relationships seem to be much better between support and engineering.

Good technology but poor management

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

Pros1. The products are best in the market.
    2. Talented pool of people around to work with

ConsWhere do I begin with.. The company seems to be directionless these days.. Management is only concerned on how to push quarter after quarter.. some times appears whether it has any vision?

I think overall the motivation of the employees dipped. and then aggressive cost cutting..

May be thats what happen when the company is given with almost impossible target by a parent company.

Advice to Senior ManagementGuys, you have great bunch of people.. please offer something better than MBO goals to motivate them with

Great Culture / Bad Management

Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsAmazing people PTO work life balance

ConsConstant change, Reduced commissions, constant reporting on reports

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a direction and stick with it, Don't change the model if its working just to pad the bottom line, take care fo your performers

It is an OK place to work, has some flexibility

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI am able to balance work-life. There is flexibility. decent facilities like gym/cafe

Consno opportunities for advancement..lot of politics. There is not much communication between upper management and team.

Worked for McAfee? Contribute to the Community!