McAfee Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.3
Brian Krzanich

Pros
  • Amazing people PTO work life balance (in 81 reviews)

• Work environment and work culture are pretty good (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • Intel has great programs for work life balance, even including a Sabbatical (in 14 reviews)

• Some times senior management can be tricky trying to find scapegoats to escape from their mistakes (in 17 reviews)

1. Mcafee

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Analyst in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable Analyst in Plano, TX

I worked at McAfee full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Casual work environment. Good pay and great benefits. Lots of vacation and holidays off. Free software. Many employee perks.

Cons

Advice to Management

No room for growth. Not enough pay increases. Didn't match 401k for over three years. Casual work environment. Good pay and great benefits. Lots of vacation and holidays off.

2. global operations center

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Plano, TX

I worked at McAfee full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Pay, Great bonuses

Cons

Sorry management, no communication between teams. No repercussions for screwing things up. Little or no supervision on jobs being done which lead to failures from exceptions

Advice to Management

restructure to a CORP environment. enforce your own rules

Pretty Good - Depending on Which Department

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at McAfee full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Now that Intel is absorbing McAfee into their company culture, many things may change, but when I was there: - Benefits were great. - Company culture was fantastic. Everybody was professional. - Amazing food at the cafeteria. - Great focus on helping employees grow professionally. - I also happen to have one of the best managers I've ever worked for. - In my case, fantastic work/life balance. - You feel like your opinion counts and that your leadership is listening.

Cons

- Insane corruption at the middle and upper management levels. It's not that individual contributors were treated poorly, it's that there were 3 managers per every individual contributor. Basically, imagine a reverse pyramid. Some departments might have a tree that looks like this: Senior Director, Director, 2 Managers, 2 Project Manager, 1 low level employee. - The weather of your department changes with every new VP. The company could spend millions working on developing a system. VP would get replaced, and the system would be thrown out the window, with another multi-million dollar project on the way. Then, before that project would be finished, the VP would get replaced again, and the dance would start all over again. - I am going to get labeled as a prejudiced person here, but here goes: Many individuals who work at McAfee are clearly still following the old caste system and the belief that men are superior to women. This is what I saw and it was disgusting to watch. If you are a woman and you find yourself in a department with a certain population that has a long history of having a caste system, you will probably have a very difficult time succeeding or getting recognized for your efforts. The discrimination isn't everywhere, but it sure is rampant. Call me a racist all you want. This is what I witnessed. - Emails, emails, emails. 50 emails on a slow day. Hundreds of emails on a busy day. - All the cars bake in the sun, but that's a minor complaint.

Just OK

Former Employee - Senior Architect in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Architect in Plano, TX

I worked at McAfee full-time

Pros

No longer good place to work

Cons

Too much nepotism and no values for fair work

Advice to Management

Do not let hardworking employees go.

5 1/2 years

Former Employee - Sales Operations Analyst in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Operations Analyst in Plano, TX

I worked at McAfee full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

World's largest dedicated security technology company so opportunities are available depending on one's experience and background. Able to build great relationships across teams. Solid benefits. I truly enjoyed my work in Sales Operations.

Cons

Purchased by Intel Corporation several years ago McAfee name going away as the McAfee "integration into Intel" process will be complete by July 1. I was one of approximately 400 McAfee employees not making the cut which was disappointing to say the least. Only reason given was "budget and not your performance." My manager had previously been told that our team would go forward intact so which management made the decision and how was it determined .. McAfee or Intel?

Advice to Management

Always be as honest and upfront with your employees as possible. Make the time to check on your teams no matter how high up the chain you are ... it will show you at least seem to care about them. Encourage their growth but also be their advocate.

7. Great intro to industry

I worked at McAfee full-time

Pros

Great place to start sales career

Cons

limited advancement without relocation for sales

Advice to Management

more formalized mentor programs and retention services

8. Great Company to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Pros

Great people, competitive salaries, longevity

Cons

I don't have anything I would consider a con based on my experience

Advice to Management

Management was good at sharing company status and vision

9. Senior Financial Analyst

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Plano, TX

I have been working at McAfee full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very flexible with schedule, great work life balance

Cons

The culture is good but if you're not in good with other people you can be left to the side. You have to put on a good act, not cause drama and kiss butt. Communication is poor from upper management so unfortunately there is some guesswork.

Advice to Management

Better communication, more opportunities for training and advancement.

McAfee provides growth opportunity with challenge and guidance.

Former Employee - Director in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Director in Plano, TX

I worked at McAfee full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There is always something new due to growth, M&A or market. Company invests in its people with training, mentorship and proper feedback. Compensation was excellent with really good benefits.

Cons

The M&A schedules can be ridiculously short and the under/over hiring plan flexes every year. Unfortunately due to M&A positions are eliminated every year. If your on the technology side the resources are mainly in India.

Advice to Management

Better hiring plan by Sales and Engineering would help with the annual RIF due to bad planning.

Inside sales management doesn't help

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Plano, TX

I have been working at McAfee full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice selection of holidays to take time off

Cons

Managers don't help. They sit around with each other screwing around a lot, telling jokes and making a stressful workplace even worse.

Advice to Management

Intel should lay off most of the existing inside sales management and promote people who really want to work and contribute to the company and their paycheck

RSS Feed </> Embed