McAfee Reviews in Reston, VA

Updated August 27, 2014
3.4

McAfee President Michael DeCesare
Michael DeCesare

Pros
  • Promotes work-life balance - Remote work is often encouraged for FTEs (in 67 reviews)

• You have Flexible Working Hours - can come and go as you wish as long as work gets done (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor flexibility with respect to work/life balance (in 12 reviews)

• Some times senior management can be tricky trying to find scapegoats to escape from their mistakes (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A political environment reminiscent of the Soviet Politburo

Current Employee - Technical Sales Director  in  Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Technical Sales Director in Reston, VA

I have been working at McAfee

Pros

Comp package was good. Flexible tele-commute policy, ESPP and time off all positive.

Cons

Acquisition integration plan pretty weak with much confusion and hilarity the norm. As the product portfolio expands there doesn't seem to be an effective method to ensure the sales team embraces the full scope of offerings. Significant competition internally just to get sales teams to focus on different products and many groups within the company are cliquey. As mentioned in multiple other posts, there is a constant fear of RIF that permeates the workforce.

360 Degree Review for your Director and above leadership might help pinpoint some of the shortcomings. Leadership team should have bonus components tied to favorable employee feedback.

Decent company

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive  in  Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Reston, VA

I worked at McAfee full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company in the right space in terms of security. Products are proven and clients are generally happy with the services offered. Upside is fairly strong with the Intel merger.

Cons

Intel takeover has made things a bit different. Good initially, however not sure about how things have played out.

Consider the big picture, There are opportunities to make the organization a better place if you can think locally and globally, however there aren't many ways to enjoy success without a sense of direction. Inspire...lead...enjoy.

Stable and Steady

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Reston, VA

I have been working at McAfee

Pros

One of the leaders in security. There are some good people you get to work with and most of them care about the quality of product

Cons

Most of the action is at the main office and in a satellite office you tend to be a bit disassociated with the rest of the company. It is mainly a sales driven company and not an engineering driven company

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

McAfee - Part of Intel Security

Current Employee - Senior Director  in  Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Reston, VA

I have been working at McAfee full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

In terms of satisfaction, McAfee is by far the best company that I have worked for. I have worked for other security companies as well as contracting organizations and McAfee's culture, work-life balance and personnel are some of the best in North America.

Cons

Promotions have come based on the effort that I have put into the job and I have received much personal growth as a result of my effort. I have no CONS to consider at this time.

Creating more of shared vision for success.

Worked for McAfee? Contribute to the Community!