McAfee

McAfee Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

McAfee President Michael DeCesare

Michael DeCesare

Pros
  • Promotes work-life balance - Remote work is often encouraged for FTEs (in 67 reviews)

• You have Flexible Working Hours - can come and go as you wish as long as work gets done (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor flexibility with respect to work/life balance (in 12 reviews)

• Some times senior management can be tricky trying to find scapegoats to escape from their mistakes (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

McAfee - Part of Intel Security

Senior Director (Current Employee) Reston, VA

ProsIn terms of satisfaction, McAfee is by far the best company that I have worked for. I have worked for other security companies as well as contracting organizations and McAfee's culture, work-life balance and personnel are some of the best in North America.

ConsPromotions have come based on the effort that I have put into the job and I have received much personal growth as a result of my effort. I have no CONS to consider at this time.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreating more of shared vision for success.

This is a nice company to work with. Great opportunities, and friendly team members. Company is highly competitive.

Manager (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

Prospersonal growth, brand value, work-life balance.

Constechnical knowledge required for even managerial roles

Great company with excellent technical core

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsCutting edge of security technologies and people that worked in engineering to deliver for both the customers and shareholders.

Consthere were some players in support management that practiced cronyism. This management was unseated by the executive team within six months of my departure and the relationships seem to be much better between support and engineering.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to learn and grow

Marketing Operations (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsExcellent culture and professional people, superior flex--benefits, open communication from senior management.

ConsRetrenchments in the name of cost-cutting, which not only affects those who are forced to leave, but also de-motivates the others who stay back in the organization

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease be mindful of cost-cutting measures

Sr.Software Engineer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros1. Best Place to work .
    2. People are friendly
    3. Best Work / Life balance.
    4. Free breakfast on thursday

Cons1. Never get an update from management.

Great place to work

Software QA Lead (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGreat products, Great vision, you get to innovate!! Good growth opportunities. Benefits are great

ConsNot much. Salary hikes are not much

Research Consultant

Research Contractor (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsThe employees, projects, and office

ConsNot always being informed of state of company

Software Engineering Perspective

Software Development Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGood engineers, good processes, management has realistic expectations, good perks/benefits, management understands the value engineers bring to the company

ConsProduct Management group immature and has little (if any) oversight, no standards, no reviews of their work, no quality, etc... it's quite sad as I think they are really holding back growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevamp entire product management group, get more specialized/expert resources into engineering processes and don't rely on software engineers to do everything. Let them code.

Software Architect

Software Architect (Current Employee) Santa Clarita, CA

ProsChallenging and interesting work. Lots to learn

ConsToo much shuffling because of business realignment

A great company that works hard to provide good benefits. Needs to weather the current storm and market trends.

Software Developer (Current Employee) Mission Viejo, CA

ProsGreat benefits package, like health insurance, IRA, training
    Conscientious and considerate managers
    Challenging and rewarding work

ConsUncertainty as many of the markets they lead in are starting to slow down. The company can buy companies to boost its lineup, however the outlook may not be bright for teams working on products in segments that are experiencing little or no growth.

Worked for McAfee? Contribute to the Community!