McCalla Raymer, LLC Reviews

CEO

1. Paralegal

Former Employee - Paralegal in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Paralegal in Orlando, FL

I worked at McCalla Raymer, LLC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great group of people. The litigation department is really awesome and they promote from within. They care about their employees and really work together nicely. It is a family type environment even though they have well over 100 employees at this location.

Cons

There are a few people who are ambitious and over zealous, but they are tempered by good management so they aren't a big deal.

2. OK as an entry level job but don't stay long

Current Employee - Foreclosure- Team Lead in Roswell, GA
    Current Employee - Foreclosure- Team Lead in Roswell, GA

I have been working at McCalla Raymer, LLC full-time

Pros

Benefits package is good
    Many of the attorneys were very pleasant to work with

Cons

-Highly political environment with upper management being based on brown-nosing
    -Understaffed and staff is often under-appreciated resulting in very poor morale
    -In the past year, reductions in force every few months. Job security seems less and less stable
    -Poor training practices; little to no investment in further employee training/knowledge

Advice to Management

You are all hopeless...stop promoting people based on who is your friend and try to show a little more respect and appreciation to the "little people" who really make your operation run

3. Ok Company

Former Employee - Foreclosure Processor in Roswell, GA
    Former Employee - Foreclosure Processor in Roswell, GA

I worked at McCalla Raymer, LLC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Ok Company. Fun and always have catered food.

Cons

Wage is small and high turnover.

Advice to Management

Don't play favorites and keep people by merit

5. Great Place

Former Employee - Paralegal
    Former Employee - Paralegal

I worked at McCalla Raymer, LLC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice Attorneys and solid work ethic

Cons

I don't have any cons

Advice to Management

Sty in touch with your people

6. Interesting work but no advancement.

I worked at McCalla Raymer, LLC (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits are OK, as well as work depends what department you work for. Average company for the average pay. Don't expect much, not much Pros I can specify.

Cons

Friends and family oriented, no room for advancement, no internal promotions. Management keeps on changing, people fired left and right. Overall people are friendly but management has no idea what to do and how to motivate. Positions filled based on "in-crowd" basis, no appreciation for good work. Just be quiet and do it, we don't need your advise.

Advice to Management

Have some idea and check your people if they actually do their work and pay your bills on time.

7. Nice place to work

I worked at McCalla Raymer, LLC

Pros

Nice coworkers, attorneys, clean office

Cons

Low pay, only advancement opportunities for friends

Advice to Management

None

8. Just a pitt stop on the way to something better.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at McCalla Raymer, LLC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There is a possibility for flexibility within this company. That is, if you can get your manager to allow you to work remotely. There is also a benefit to their time-off policies. Your sick time and vacation are combined into one personal time off bank, of which you can take when ever you need to.

Cons

This company does not invest time and resources to get their people prepared for doing their jobs. There is no formal training and departments don't even have manuals to reference when you have a question.
    The company offers 1 review per year of their employees in which you can guess was put together in 10 minutes or less. The rest of the time, you'll be left guessing if you are doing your job correctly. As far as personal development, you are on your own.
    If this is the company you think you can build a career with, you might be left wondering what you got yourself into. If this is the company you just want to gain some skills and within 6 months, move on to something better, this might be good for you.
    If you are hoping to get a good reference when you leave, you will be disappointed. Management will not offer reference letters, even if you are going to a completely different field and want a reference of character.
    Even if you think you might move into a better position within the company, then you shouldn't be so concerned with knowing your stuff, you should be more concerned with making the right friends. Because that's what's going to get you to the next level. One of the biggest complaints you hear is that jobs are never posted internally. The majority of jobs you will never see a posting for, you just might hear about it through the grape vine. And most of them are already hired for when you hear about it.

Advice to Management

Invest in some money into decreasing your turn over in the company. In 6 months, people are already looking at moving out of the company. It takes about 3 to 6 months for people to become familiar with your computer system and processes. Therefore, by the time you have more seasoned people, they are ready to leave and you don't have manuals or additional resources to teach the new people coming in. Spend some money on getting some manuals and resources together. To increase retention, the next step would be to offer personal development guides. Your managers have no idea how to keep their people interested because they don't take the time to develop their people. With development of your people you learn the strengths and weaknesses of each and help them to build those strengths so they can grow with the company. Without development, your company will remain what it is now, just a pit stop on the way to something better.

Lastly, I think it's worth mentioning the culture of the company could use a bit of reinforcement. A year after I was hired I asked my manger where the company's mission statement was placed and I was advised "if there is one, I sure don't know where it is". I suggest your company starts to understand what it stands for. That starts from the top (Which I must say the owner makes his rounds often to say good morning to everyone as much as he can). But the culture of the company cannot ride on the "good mornings" of one person. It takes the top to pump some culture into the management and the management to reinforce it with the employees. But you can't teach culture and mission if you don't have any.

9. Best law firm to work for EVER

Current Employee - Paralegal in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Paralegal in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at McCalla Raymer, LLC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great work-life balance, great management, awesome training and PTO and benefits

Cons

There isn't much OT and the workload is a a lot but I'd rather that than no work. NO WORK = NO JOB

10. Great work environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at McCalla Raymer, LLC full-time

Pros

Friendly work environment and good PTO

Cons

reimbursments for millage is poor

11. Friendly work environment, reputable company.

Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Roswell, GA
    Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Roswell, GA

I worked at McCalla Raymer, LLC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Management is friendly and reasonable.

Cons

Training could be improved a bit.