McCalla Raymer, LLC

Updated October 8, 2014
Updated October 8, 2014
2.9

CEO

Interesting work but no advancement.

I worked at McCalla Raymer, LLC (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits are OK, as well as work depends what department you work for. Average company for the average pay. Don't expect much, not much Pros I can specify.

Cons

Friends and family oriented, no room for advancement, no internal promotions. Management keeps on changing, people fired left and right. Overall people are friendly but management has no idea what to do and how to motivate. Positions filled based on "in-crowd" basis, no appreciation for good work. Just be quiet and do it, we don't need your advise.

Have some idea and check your people if they actually do their work and pay your bills on time.

Just a pitt stop on the way to something better.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at McCalla Raymer, LLC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is a possibility for flexibility within this company. That is, if you can get your manager to allow you to work remotely. There is also a benefit to their time-off policies. Your sick time and vacation are combined into one personal time off bank, of which you can take when ever you need to.

Cons

This company does not invest time and resources to get their people prepared for doing their jobs. There is no formal training and departments don't even have manuals to reference when you have a question.
    The company offers 1 review per year of their employees in which you can guess was put together in 10 minutes or less. The rest of the time, you'll be left guessing if you are doing your job correctly. As far as personal development, you are on your own.
    If this is the company you think you can build a career with, you might be left wondering what you got yourself into. If this is the company you just want to gain some skills and within 6 months, move on to something better, this might be good for you.
    If you are hoping to get a good reference when you leave, you will be disappointed. Management will not offer reference letters, even if you are going to a completely different field and want a reference of character.
    Even if you think you might move into a better position within the company, then you shouldn't be so concerned with knowing your stuff, you should be more concerned with making the right friends. Because that's what's going to get you to the next level. One of the biggest complaints you hear is that jobs are never posted internally. The majority of jobs you will never see a posting for, you just might hear about it through the grape vine. And most of them are already hired for when you hear about it.

Invest in some money into decreasing your turn over in the company. In 6 months, people are already looking at moving out of the company. It takes about 3 to 6 months for people to become familiar with your computer system and processes. Therefore, by the time you have more seasoned people, they are ready to leave and you don't have manuals or additional resources to teach the new people coming in. Spend some money on getting some manuals and resources together. To increase retention, the next step would be to offer personal development guides. Your managers have no idea how to keep their people interested because they don't take the time to develop their people. With development of your people you learn the strengths and weaknesses of each and help them to build those strengths so they can grow with the company. Without development, your company will remain what it is now, just a pit stop on the way to something better.

Lastly, I think it's worth mentioning the culture of the company could use a bit of reinforcement. A year after I was hired I asked my manger where the company's mission statement was placed and I was advised "if there is one, I sure don't know where it is". I suggest your company starts to understand what it stands for. That starts from the top (Which I must say the owner makes his rounds often to say good morning to everyone as much as he can). But the culture of the company cannot ride on the "good mornings" of one person. It takes the top to pump some culture into the management and the management to reinforce it with the employees. But you can't teach culture and mission if you don't have any.

Best law firm to work for EVER

I have been working at McCalla Raymer, LLC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great work-life balance, great management, awesome training and PTO and benefits

Cons

There isn't much OT and the workload is a a lot but I'd rather that than no work. NO WORK = NO JOB

Great work environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at McCalla Raymer, LLC full-time

Pros

Friendly work environment and good PTO

Cons

reimbursments for millage is poor

Friendly work environment, reputable company.

Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Roswell, GA
    Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Roswell, GA

I worked at McCalla Raymer, LLC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Management is friendly and reasonable.

Cons

Training could be improved a bit.

Not a great place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

I worked at McCalla Raymer, LLC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Not a bad commute but not a lot else to offer

Cons

Not a lot of respect from management

Law Firm Pros & Cons

I worked at McCalla Raymer, LLC full-time

Pros

At the time I was hired the company seemed like it was on the upscale in business. I was able to perform the skills I had in the company with little to know supervision. With my knowledge in the business I was able to teach and train employees in the job I love.

Cons

I was hoping that my direct report manager would mentor me to learn new areas of the business I did not know but that did not happen. Due to the loss of business there was a huge layoff.

Great Place to Work

I have been working at McCalla Raymer, LLC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've worked at several foreclosure firms in South Florida over the years and this is by far the best. Pay and benefits are competitive and focus is on quality over quality. Upper management interacts with the employees and sponsors regular activities either inside or outside the office.

Cons

Work can be high stress at times

Terrible place to work

I have been working at McCalla Raymer, LLC

Pros

Co- workers are awesome - that is it

Cons

Must be in the "in" crowd to receive promotions or save your job

Sets you up for failure. Sadly. So much wasted potential.

Former Employee - Paralegal in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Paralegal in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at McCalla Raymer, LLC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay. Good co-workers and some people really do care.

Cons

Lack of proper training sets you up for failure. When there is an issue, HR needs to step in and take charge and find the root cause.

Really and truly listen to your employees. They have really valid ideas that could set you up for true success. The right hand should know what the left hand is doing.