McColl Partners Reviews

Updated August 11, 2014

5.0

Kevan Flanigan
1 Rating

Great people and a lot of opportunity as a young employee but expect to work hard

Former Employee - Analyst  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I worked at McColl Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company culture, especially among analysts as everyone is very helpful and works hard to get new hires up to speed. Once trained you're quickly given opportunities to work autonomously and with limited oversight. You can take on as many projects as you can handle and people are generally cognizant of your workload when you do.

Cons

Expect to work very hard. Hours are long for all junior members of the firm. Need to be willing to take criticism in stride. The recent acquisition by Deloitte could change some aspects of the culture.

Improving work-life balance would be important. Establishing a more formal mentor relationship would be good, but this is largely unnecessary if the collaborative culture can stay the same.

Distinguished culture and experience among investment banks

Former Employee - Analyst  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I worked at McColl Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The partners are great and very invested in the success of employees, but particularly the analysts
    - You work hard (really hard) but I never felt pressure to show face time. Get your work done and people will be satisfied.
    - Since leaving, I've continued to stay in contact with and close friends with a number of my colleagues - and the firm works hard to build an alumni group. Pretty rare for any business, much less an investment bank.
    - Steep learning curve, so prepare yourself.

Cons

- This is hard work. Personally I expected this and felt this was why I learned so much. But don't think you're going to work 60 hours. As an analyst, you're going to work 80+ (as you would at any investment bank) so be prepared for that.

With the benefit of hindsight - exceptional.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at McColl Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Big company, high value of talent. Nice people. Great benefits - above average salary. If you were a ground breaker it was acknowledged.

Cons

Reputation in the design field was somewhat tarnished - and justifiably so.

Too late now. But don't always be the nice guy. Naivety gets you nowhere.

Worked for McColl Partners? Contribute to the Community!