McCollisters Transportation Systems

Updated Jun 2, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dan McCollister

14 years of dedicated service.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBeing part of a team. Having the enjoyment of a job well done. Being able to interact with repeat customers.

ConsLittle to no incentive to continually providing the best service.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor senior management to remember; its the people doing the day to day interactions with the customers that keep the company moving forward.

Patience

Lease Operator (Current Employee) Burlington, NJ

ProsAs a Lease Operator, I obviously get to work when I want to. That doesn't necessarily equate to setting my own hours but, when I need to take time off I haven't really had an issue doing so. Some of the best people I've met are in their various offices and can be a pleasure to work with. There is a lot of give and take as with most companies and unfortunately there is a running phrase that can sum things up quite succinctly at times, "It is what it is". As many times as I've felt like I wanted to just walk away, the money is hard to replace. I haven't got to a point in my life financially where I'm willing to take a drastic pay cut to relieve me of the usual stress that comes with the job.

ConsThere are times when you can sit in one location for 3-10 days waiting for a reload depending on where you end up emptying out. The pay at times can be insufferably slow which doesn't help you to stay caught up or even with your monthly expenses.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen, listen, listen. Granted, not all advice is worth a second thought but, there are things that are overlooked and would help everyone in the long run.

Good opportunities for driven sales people

Account Manager (Former Employee) West Chicago, IL

ProsGood upper management, very accessible and good mentors.

ConsIncompetent middle management, lots of penny pinching

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't do it. You will be sorry.

Driver (Current Employee) West Chicago, IL

ProsNone. Ask anyone who has worked there.

ConsEmployees are not valued by owner.

Advice to Senior ManagementThrow in the towel.

Interesting and frustrating

Finance (Current Employee) Burlington City, NJ

ProsI have the great pleasure of working with good, helpful people who do their jobs well. This organization is very lucky.

ConsThey have an archaic computer system. It barely provides and produces what we need to do our jobs well. The management seems confused and not sure what direction to go in.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with respect. Compensate them as they deserve. Don't forget their loyalty.

Excellent organization on the up

Director of Information Technology (Current Employee) Burlington, NJ

ProsNationwide locations, supporting International business, government and financial institutions, electronic OEMs, Hospitals, aerospace, military and home relocations ...

ConsShrinking driver pools, industry needs qualified drivers

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the tremendous work to diversify company portfolio of service offerings, markets, customer base and support of Corporate america's logistics, warehousing and transportation needs - adding tremendous value to supply chains globally, and providing employees a living and lively hood of a company they can be proud of working for -- thank you!

Unstable Chicago Location

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLike anywhere else, there are some relationships that you miss. Some others not so much. Lunch treat every so often.

ConsBe careful if you get a job here. Lay offs are a regular occurrence. Vicious cycle of hire and lay off. No such thing as security there. Too many chiefs. Terrible management. People steal your lunch. Repossessed water machines, complaints from customers, cleaning people, village for non payment.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't hire unless you know how to offer a stable position.

Not enough of this & too much of that

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHours are typical & conveniently located, casual dress

Consinitial pay is poor, current employees took multiple pay cuts, gossip runs rampent, rules are written in chalk since it's family run. Benefits are expensive and you must wait 6 months. I was hired and layed off within 4 months due to poor financial planning.

Advice to Senior ManagementCount your money before venturing into new projects and cut riduculous spending and give it back in the way of salary. RECYCLE! IT'S THE LAW !

Worked for McCollisters Transportation Systems? Contribute to the Community!