McCormick & Company
www.mccormick.com Sparks, MD 5000+ Employees

McCormick & Company Reviews

Updated Mar 29, 2014
McCormick & Company – Sparks – “The entrance to the McCormick & Company…”

McCormick & Company President, CEO, and Director Alan D. Wilson

Alan D. Wilson

More good then bad.

Warehouser (Former Employee)
Belcamp, MD

I worked at McCormick & Company full-time for more than a year

ProsOk pay,wonderful benefits package,free medical screens no co-pay for service or medication given at there facility.very stable company, tuition reimbursement after one year,opportunities for advancement(for those with a yes sir attitude) and incredible work life balance.ex:your allowed to use and "8hourday" slip once a month and alternative schedule.You get to take off a whole week with sick pay and it'll will be considered 1 occurrence out of the 7 your allowed per year..

Consvery intrusive they will send a private investigator out if your sick for a while and when u damage any case you have to take a urine test each time and sometimes blood! your productivity is "timed" at the belcamp facility,and management will not compromise in that regard.your notified about weekend work only one day before.the older people snitch on you on a daily basis they have a culture that makes it ok for your co-worker to get you fired,even on minuscule issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen people are telling you that a manager is disrespecting every selector it should be taking seriously.

Outstanding company

Intern (Current Employee)
Hunt Valley, MD

I have been working at McCormick & Company as an intern for less than a year

ProsSupportive, relaxed management that challenges employees to do well without exerting undue pressures or expectations on them.

ConsStuck with some outdated bureaucracy and IT.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the amazing job! Significantly revamp the IT infrastructure.

Treat me like one of the family

Product Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at McCormick & Company full-time for more than 3 years

ProsEveryone who comes to work here, stays. That is extremely rare to find these days. And, even if you start at an hourly position (like in the plant), you very well could find yourself working your way into corporate.

ConsDue to heavy acquisition, several businesses are treated like stepchildren as compared to the base herbs & spices business.

Advice to Senior ManagementStreamline the organization to make all businesses equal in terms of attention and resources.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wonderful and collaborative people, open to help you learn and grow

Product Manager (Current Employee)
Baltimore, MD

I have been working at McCormick & Company full-time for less than a year

ProsPeople are kind and patient--they will work with you to help you learn processes, culture, etc. You work with fabulous products and the company is going through a growth period.

ConsIt is a bit slow moving and there is pressure to issue dividends every year which influences product support decisions. Additionally, you really have to be a team builder to work here, which isn't a con, but is a word of caution for people who like to work as lone rangers.

Great company to work for!

South Bend, IN

I have been working at McCormick & Company full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFlexability, vacation. open door policy

ConsNone that I can think of.

18 years at McCormick

I have been working at McCormick & Company full-time for more than 10 years

ProsCulture based on strong values and people. Great products and strong brands. Employees work hard and are dedicated to the company.

ConsConsensus driven organization; we don't have enough tough conversations. Should spend more resouces on technology. Need to improve visibility to career paths and increase focus on employee development.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to employees on a regular basis, mingle, interact with all levels and increase visibility. Hold leaders accountable for performance management and employee development. Share information.

Best of the Best with great culture and coworkers are helpful

Engineering (Current Employee)

I have been working at McCormick & Company full-time for less than a year

ProsThis company has integrity and values the employee, has a value pyramid that starts with a good foundation. On boarding and training is excellent
HR is effective and nice
Benefits excellent
Co workers are awesome and helpful

ConsOnly challenge is to preserve the culture over the long term against constant pressure for profits from wall street

Advice to Senior ManagementHire top talent - candidates should be lined up at the door to work for this company
A lot of manufacturing is suffering from retirement of experienced folks - operators and

Working at McCormick allows for a small-company feel with the resources of a multi-billion dollar global corporation.

Transportation Sourcing Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at McCormick & Company full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat benefits, full medical and comparable dental/vision. I have similar benefits to my father, and he's been working for 30 years.

ConsThe small-company feel can sometimes devolve into petty politics and gossip. This is one of VERY few 'cons' which are far outweighed by the 'pros'.

Good Company to work for

Engineer/Scientist/Technologist (Current Employee)

I have been working at McCormick & Company full-time

ProsPeople are very open and always ready to help
Managers care about the work life balance of employees
Respects and listens to voice of employees
One week off from Christmas to New Year
Multiple management board gives even common employees opportunities to meet top level management

ConsToo much bureaucracy
Slow to change
Slow increase in capacity puts a lot of load on operations employees

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce bureaucracy, Adapt faster

Undergoing a significant change in management tone. No longer adhere to principles of being a people oriented company

Baltimore, MD

I have been working at McCormick & Company

ProsBenefits and pay are adequate

ConsManagement is duplicitous and feels that you should drink the Kool Aid without questioning them

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest

Worked for McCormick & Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McCormick & Company reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for McCormick & Company CEO Alan D. Wilson. All 36 reviews posted anonymously by McCormick & Company employees.