McCormick & Schmick's

Be The First To
Add Photos

McCormick & Schmick's CEO and Director Bill Freeman

Bill Freeman

Pros
  • Good money, good people, great food(in 3 reviews)

• Opportunity for growth now that Landry's has taken over(in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • The management here used to be really good, but they managed to chase away the General Manager who everyone respected and liked(in 4 reviews)

• A true disconnect between the corporate office and the operations(in 3 reviews)

Great company to work for, quality products.

Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsMcCormick & Schmick's takes good care of its employees. Promotes from within, pays above industry standard.

ConsIt's a restaurant company with limited potential for growth.

Great company

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsFlexible, with good pay, and outstanding wonderful friendly staff and environment

Consbusy days sometimes long hours, scheduling issues with times and dates, needs some improvement in minor areas

Advice to Senior Managementsolve scheduling issues

Dumb & Dumberer

Front of House (Former Employee) Bridgewater, NJ

ProsIt is VERY easy for ANYONE to be hired here for front of house because the turn over is very high, if you're a female under 22 you're pretty much guaranteed a job per the perverse all male management staff.

ConsWhile the general manager openly refers to himself as 'God' its the offensive poor managerial practices regularly that contradict mandates and sneak around health codes ( I personally never ate the food after seeing the storage relabeling/non labeling) that stood out. To maintain bottom line profit bonuses for 'God' the restaurant was constantly poorly supplied with everything from silverware to glasswear to key menu items resulting in slow service (we had to literally wait 10-15min to serve a martini drink because we only had 8- 14 martini shell glasses in the entire restaurant) and poor tips, being bullied and threatened into selling the Landry Club cards ($25 frequent diner reward card) your incentives for selling them are bogus and measly and of no monetary value, money can be made here however if you are aggressive enough to backstab, blamegame, lie or just flat out brown nose your way into sections with fair rotation, sidework assignments are biased, bar shift and closing duties are ridiculous( DON'T GET TRICKED INTO WORKING BeHIND THE BAR! You make under $100 for a 6hr shift on busy Saturday nights), you will find that issues cannot be solved because the management has poor individual communication and will openly gripe outloud about your fellow coworkers when they leave the area in an almost gossipy manner... BOTTOM LINE: Landry's owned restaurants have a generally poor reputation on Glassdoor so if you must work there get your experience and get out asap

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue, your shady back stabbing cost pinching practices and 'us vs them' attitude in regards to management and employees sucks and resolves nothing. You are not politicians so stop acting like them...

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

summer job

Pantry Cook (Former Employee) McLean, VA

Prosa lot of great exposure to fine dining techniques (i.e., scratch production, blah blah blah)

Marissa, one of the managers, aside from being GORGEOUS, is really chill/easy to get along with

Conssome (one) of the management can be (is) a pain in the ass

Advice to Senior Managementyou really should offer parking comps for your employees instead of telling them to park in restricted areas (and risk being towed) to avoid parking garage fees

A Good family environment

Server (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsThe staff is very friendly towards one another, management can be okay, i understand that at the end of the day they have someone to answer to as well.

ConsIt is a corporate company, enough said.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to work with your staff.

McCormick & Schmick's

Pantry Cook (Former Employee) Edina, MN

ProsGood food and Good people..

ConsIf you're allergic to shellfish or hate late hours... (I did the 4 to close shift) I wouldn't apply for there.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't have any advice for the management.

Fine Place To Work

Bartender (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGood money, good people, great food. I had a fine time working here and would recommend it to anyone looking for a bartending job.

ConsThey had a very high turnover of management on all levels. This definitely caused a problem. But other than that it was a great place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire quality management, then hold onto them.

Great and fun

Bartender (Current Employee) Reston, VA

Prosflexible schedules, fun, great hours, great food, very interesting concept with many locations in the United Statesl. Discounts on food

ConsLate night hours if you work the

Not half bad

Cocktail Server (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsVery respectable place to work. I could recommend the food without sarcasm.

ConsVery little feedback was every given, and there wasn't much of a chance to communicate up the chain.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people on the floor and get out of the office more often.

have been an adventure.

Hourly Employee (Current Employee)

Prosthe relationship between simular employees and has giving me opportunity for growth and experience.

Consthe insurance plans were taken away and we are forced to take one plan that is offered and forced to pay more out of pocket. there isn't any choice anymore.

Advice to Senior Managementmore respect and diversity training and how to talk and deal with peoples differences.

Worked for McCormick & Schmick's? Contribute to the Community!