McCormick & Schmick's

McCormick & Schmick's Reviews in Washington, DC

2.2

McCormick & Schmick's CEO and Director Bill Freeman
Bill Freeman

Pros
  • You have potential to make good money (in 4 reviews)

• Good money, good people, great food (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The management here used to be really good, but they managed to chase away the General Manager who everyone respected and liked (in 4 reviews)

• A true disconnect between the corporate office and the operations (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

summer job

Former Employee - Pantry Cook in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Pantry Cook in McLean, VA

I worked at McCormick & Schmick's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

a lot of great exposure to fine dining techniques (i.e., scratch production, blah blah blah)

Marissa, one of the managers, aside from being GORGEOUS, is really chill/easy to get along with

Cons

some (one) of the management can be (is) a pain in the ass

you really should offer parking comps for your employees instead of telling them to park in restricted areas (and risk being towed) to avoid parking garage fees

This place sucks.

Current Employee - Server in Washington, DC

I have been working at McCormick & Schmick's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The servers I work with are cool. I was making a decent amount of money before they started putting 8+ servers on the floor on non busy nights.

Cons

This place sucks. The management is terrible. They don't talk to the guests when there are 30+ minute tickets on food, especially on salads but will be in the kitchen chatting it up with other employees. The kitchen sucks. Food won't be placed on the grill until 25 minutes after you rang it in. The head chef sells spoiled fish and changes the date on expired food items. One of the managers flirts with almost every good looking woman that walks in the place but won't talk to tables about 45 minute tickets. The managers get mad when you ask them to do their job. They take forever to void items and get upset again when you ask them to take it off again. Another manager constantly talks bad about all the servers and thinks he is funny. They constantly push those dumb lsc cards that nobody wants to buy. They want us to sell them because they get a bonus for the amount sold. We tip out to the busser, host, and bartender which is stupid because I bus my tables most of the time and I still tip out when there isn't a busser or host on the clock. I hate working here but it pays my bills.

Be professional and do the job that you're getting paid to do. Not be in the office (the cave) when you're needed on the floor. Talk to the guest more when the kitchen is backed up so the server won't be punished by getting a terrible or no tip.

A Good family environment

Current Employee - Server in Washington, DC

I have been working at McCormick & Schmick's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The staff is very friendly towards one another, management can be okay, i understand that at the end of the day they have someone to answer to as well.

Cons

It is a corporate company, enough said.

Learn to work with your staff.

Great and fun

Current Employee - Bartender in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Bartender in Reston, VA

I have been working at McCormick & Schmick's

Pros

flexible schedules, fun, great hours, great food, very interesting concept with many locations in the United Statesl. Discounts on food

Cons

Late night hours if you work the