McDonald's

Updated Jul 22, 2014

3.1 3,078 reviews

McDonald's President & CEO Don Thompson

Don Thompson

Pros
  • The best thing about working here is literally only the free food you get at break time if that(in 243 reviews)

• This being the case they have flexible hours and are willing to work around your schedule(in 198 reviews)

Cons
  • As you should expect, every crew member was at or very near the minimum wage level(in 155 reviews)

• There are very long hours that do seem to get in the way of my social life(in 104 reviews)

3,078 Employee Reviews

Fast-pace multi-task environment.

McDonalds Crew Trainer (Former Employee) Saint Charles, IL

ProsFast-pace, detailed work environment. Room for advancement.

ConsStay on point with all standards and requirements.

Advice to Senior ManagementRelay positive feedback for company success.

Marketing Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Intern program that is not widely publicized,
    Good pay for interns,
     Learn a lot about the brand and all that goes into maintaing it's top status
     Very Relaxed Work Environment,
    Great opportunity to network with leadership
    Company offers lots of benefits
    A lot of independent projects
    family environment

ConsSometimes ran out of things to do, make sure you communicate with your supervisor when in need of more work

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more interns to full time employment

Great place to work.

Crew Member (Current Employee) Center Moriches, NY

ProsIt baffles me how many people put down working in McDonald's. When I tell people that I work at McDonald's, their usual expression is either disappointment, or overall amusement for them. I have worked in McDonald's for a little over a year or two. I can defiantly say, McDonald's sets you up with the necessities you need to grow as a person, and career wise. If you think about it, majority of Americans have worked at McDonald's once in their life. Every McDonald's store has their ups and downs, but life does too. I cannot speak for everybody, however, my store, is one of the best McDonald's you could ever work it. The customers are delightful to see, as well as my co-workers. A few customers have told me that I am "Too pretty to work in McDonald's" That made me more upset than happy. The reason that I was more upset than happy is because, simply, everybody is beautiful in their own ways, as well as I was not aware that only "ugly" people worked at McDonald's. I have had other jobs, by far, this is the best job I could ask for. When I left McDonald's, I could honestly say that was the worst thing I could ever do. I am so glad I am back working for my store, it has done nothing but help me grow as a person.

ConsSome of the placements of the products in McDonald's. For example: We have the cream machine, ice coffee sugar flavors (Liquid Sugar, French Vanilla, Sugar Free French Vanilla, Caramel, Hazelnut) then we have the coffee maker. When making ice coffee, it is quite a hassle to keep taking and removing the liquids from the holder considering we cannot just squirt the sugar in the iced coffee because the coffee maker is in the way. It creates a lot of time that is wasted when it is quite busy. Another issue, re stocking the cream. It is extremely difficult to do so when it is busy. I even have trouble myself. It would be extremely beneficial, if they had training classes for grill. I personally, have a lot of trouble with grill, and it quite difficult to grasp when I am not too sure where the sauces are when making a sandwich, also the language barrier can be a problem sometimes. I always thought it would be a great idea, if you introduced the opinions of not only corporate, however, the customers themselves. Come up with ideas of a new product you would like to introduce into McDonald's, and have the public themselves decide what they would want and buy. I believe it would create a lot more revenue considering you would not have to change the menu items so frequently. It is what the customers want, not only corporate although their opinion is extremely important as well!

Advice to Senior ManagementI have only had great experiences with corporate! You have a lot of responsibilities, and you are handling them great!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

McDonald's is not as bad as everyone see's it.

Crew Member (Current Employee) University Place, WA

ProsThe people are really friendly (co-workers), If you're good at what you do, you can get a lot of hours.
    Free food on your breaks, so that's a plus.

ConsYou have to be fast. If you aren't fast, you're in trouble. You aren't allowed to have drinks in the grill area. I understand why, however, when we get busy, if you get a cup of water, you have to throw it out as soon as you're done, you can't refill it or anything.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn the time I've been with the company, I haven't receiving any reviews, which are supposed to happen twice a year. One of the yearly reviews also comes with a raise, so it would be nice to actually get the reviews.

Very good

Waiter (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsPay was decent, met some new people and made friends. I also enjoyed the free food at the end of the day, it was quite tasty.

ConsThe overall atmosphere in McDonald's is very stressful, especially on busy days were it can get very crowded and difficult to manage.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up

Crew

ProsSchedule is flexible. Good amounts of hours. Great communication with management.

ConsA little disorganized. Rules are not followed at times.

Great!

ProsI liked the people there.

ConsSome of the customers were rude.

Cares about customer experience like no other company

Cashier (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

Prosorganized, clean, positive environment, good reputation

Conslow pay, less than reputable employees in troubled communities..

Advice to Senior Managementdrug test employees

It was great!

McDonalds Crew Trainer (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsThe growth they offer to build a career.

ConsSome locations will help u grow but pay u minimum wage or a few cents more for manager positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally help you employers grow for them and not your own personal reasons.

Good place to start

Entry Level (Current Employee)

ProsGet to work with people and work with money

ConsHours aren't consistent and can have negative impact on overall health.

Worked for McDonald's? Contribute to the Community!