McDonald's

McDonald's Reviews in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN

Updated Jun 24, 2014

McDonald's President & CEO Don Thompson

Don Thompson

Pros
  • The best thing about working here is literally only the free food you get at break time if that(in 243 reviews)

• This being the case they have flexible hours and are willing to work around your schedule(in 198 reviews)

Cons
  • As you should expect, every crew member was at or very near the minimum wage level(in 155 reviews)

• There are very long hours that do seem to get in the way of my social life(in 104 reviews)

27 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

There are many differences between corporate owned and franchise owned locations.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Farmington, MN

ProsA free meal when you work is certainly a perk. Great work experience for moving up into management positions.

ConsThe differences between franchise and corporate locations leads to very dissatisfied, sometimes angry customers. Usually regarding the cost in food and special promotions. Not very flexible in schedule when you are a parent or high school student.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your staff and your customers, if your staff is not happy then the customers will not be happy and the end result is no money/bonuses for you because the customers will stop coming.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Hard work little pay

Certified Shift Manager (Current Employee) Champlin, MN

ProsI love my employees. They work so well and the costumes are great

ConsManagers don't get paid for what they do. Some employees only ace about a pay check instead of the store

Advice to Senior ManagementFor the owner and ther supervisors, pay your management more. They deserve it. They run your store and make you money

It has it's ups and downs but is a great company to move up in quickly.

Department Manager (Current Employee) Hopkins, MN

ProsFlexible Scheduling, Promote within, Fun environment, Fast pace, You become a part of a second family, Work with a variety of different age groups and backgrounds.

ConsOnce you become a department manager you must transfer wherever they need you, rude customers and employees, Physically demanding job stand all day no breaks when you become a department manager work 45 hours per week. Bonuses changed to make it harder to bonus.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to the old wages you will keep more people around.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Designed for High School employees, but staffed by adults/college graduates

Certified Swing Manager (Current Employee) Hastings, MN

ProsThe people that you get to work with are great. You meet people from many different backgrounds and are able to learn from each other.

ConsDue to poor employee pay and benefits, many of the hourly workers leave for higher paying jobs that typically require less physical work and mental stress.

Great work field to gain communicating and customer skills.

Crew Trainer (Current Employee) Robbinsdale, MN

ProsStarting off at mcdonalds and working hard gets you more days and more days more money. Also it gives you work experience on your background.

ConsIt's stressful during rush hours. Also the managers not all of them are not so great. They are nice to the ones they like. And kinda rude or unfair to those they dislike.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your crew members equal and be patient with them. Also get to know them better.

Not the best

Shift Manager (Current Employee) Saint Paul, MN

ProsGet to know new people

ConsHigh volume of work - low wage

Advice to Senior ManagementMore aware of what people do and sacrifice

Not bad for a first job

McDonalds Crew (Former Employee) Elk River, MN

ProsThe schedule were flexible, you get a discount on the meals, and it's generally not a demanding job

ConsSalary is the minimum wage, you smell of grease and deal with grease. Working in the kitchen in the summer can become unbearable.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more services to your employers

Very fast type of work

Counter (Current Employee) Saint Paul, MN

ProsGood start for your first job like me then get higher ranking

ConsVery fast work, everything very quick

Advice to Senior ManagementHigher salaries varied

Fun while it lasted

Crew Member/Grill Cook (Former Employee) Brooklyn Park, MN

ProsFree food, friendly enviroment, flexible scheduling

ConsLow pay, suggestive selling,they work you too hard for the pay they give

Advice to Senior ManagementShould give out more for raises

My overall experience with McDonalds was fun with the right people.

Crew Member (Former Employee) Saint Louis Park, MN

Prosthe co-workers and the customers was the best thing about working at this location. It was pretty fast-paced which i also liked. You could always get good hours if you let the management know.

Conspay
    not enough team work
    not enough breaks

Advice to Senior Managementmore teamwork, and form a better relationship with employees.

Worked for McDonald's? Contribute to the Community!