McDonald's Reviews

3,570 Reviews

McDonald's President & CEO Don Thompson
Don Thompson
1,042 Ratings

Pros
  • Free food is probably the best thing about it, but gets sickening after a month (in 279 reviews)

• This being the case they have flexible hours and are willing to work around your schedule (in 233 reviews)

Cons
  • As you should expect, every crew member was at or very near the minimum wage level (in 174 reviews)

• You get to stand for long hours at a time and sometimes encounter rude customers (in 118 reviews)

More Highlights

I enjoyed meeting and talking with new people. Enjoyed the people I worked with, very friendly and a lot of teamwork.

Former Employee - Cashier in Utica, IL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Utica, IL

I worked at McDonald's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It was fast paced, we worked hard and worked together, getting to know our customers whether they were new or regular.

Cons

Dealing with difficult and angry customers was challenging but nothing we couldn't handle.

I was never asked to join management.

Good JOb

Current Employee - Crew Member in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Fremont, CA

I have been working at McDonald's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fast Super and there is alot of stuff that they make you do

Cons

Not the greatest place to work since it is long hours terrible managment and stuff like that

I learned a lot in a very short time, Fast paced from the first day

Former Employee - Team Member in Farmington Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Team Member in Farmington Hills, MI

I worked at McDonald's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pros were that the job was consistant and the overall work load was very simple.

Cons

The challenges working here were often related to inconsistent management and lack of accountability for other workers not completing the tasks they were asked to complete

Take more time training the management staff to provide for a more complete education to the required tasks they must complete and be sure to oversee with the other team members that they are being charged to manage over.

Surprisingly Adequate

Former Employee - Crew Member/Grill Cook in Eynon, PA
    Former Employee - Crew Member/Grill Cook in Eynon, PA

I worked at McDonald's part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Along with very flexible scheduling, quarterly raises, and many opportunities for promotion, the McDonald's I worked with (Eynon, PA) also had very kind and friendly staff members, management and peers alike. At the end of my shifts, I felt like I was welcome there. (And free lunch! :3)

Cons

Starting pay was expected at minimum, but raises did occur. However, with how many people were hired on average, I had to literally fight with management to get more than 6 hours a week. I was once called in on a Sunday afternoon for 2 and a half hours, just to wash overflow of dishes... I was thoroughly insulted by that.

Use what plentiful resources that you have to find a dedicated work force of a comfortable amount of workers, so that everyone who does a great job gets the hours they deserve.

Awesome, fast paced east job

Current Employee - Crew Member in Lisbon, OH
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Lisbon, OH

I have been working at McDonald's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great coworkers, fast paced, easy job. Had a lot of fun at work and was never bored. Laughed a lot and had great conversations with both coworkers and employees

Cons

Managers could be more professional and the company should seek to promote it's employees more or work with them to get them in an area for promotion. Minimum wage.

Ask your coworkers if they have interest in moving up and help them in areas they need.

The company where you learn the best customer service ever

Current Employee - Cashuer in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Cashuer in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at McDonald's part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You learn how to serve customers with respect, how to be tactful when the customer is hostile, and learn how to change situations so the customer is always right (except of course when they give you counterfeit money).

Cons

the pay is minimum wage, and the work hours include weekend hours

consider promoting the part-time staff to full-time when opportunities arise

Crew Member

Former Employee - Crew Member in Batavia, NY
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Batavia, NY

I worked at McDonald's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Close Relationship with crew members

Cons

Treat like your an idiot

very good food

Former Employee - Mcdonalds Crew Member in Anchorage, AK
    Former Employee - Mcdonalds Crew Member in Anchorage, AK

I worked at McDonald's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love it here. great place. Sometimes I even sneaked some food in

Cons

Sometimes most of the employees are junkies, trying to get on their feet, but there very nice

Try some food.

Steady job with opportunities to move up but low pay.

Current Employee - Shift Manager in The Woodlands, TX
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at McDonald's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very laid back environment and gives experience with working in a fast paced environment.

Cons

Low flexibility and low pay

Listen to employees.

I love my job!

Current Employee - Crew Member in Baker, LA
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Baker, LA

I have been working at McDonald's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

A lot of hours, over time, wonderful customers, great relationships with my managers. I was first trained to do the drive thru and not to brag on myself, but I always received great compliments from the customers because apparently I was "the nicest drive thru girl" most of them had ever met. My managers would always come to me telling me how the customers would call the main office and request that I would be kept in the drive thru, so that's ultimately what happened! I looked forward to being at work 5'o clock every morning because I could make people smile. I love people and if I could make someone's day in just 15 seconds or less, it was worth dealing with my catty and jealous coworkers. Other than the cash register, I only knew how to drop fries/hashbrowns and fix McCafe beverages. Anything else is completely greek to me. Also even though I made minimum wage, I was very fortunate that my GM and guest service manager always made sure I would get a whole bunch of hours. I honestly would clear a MINIMUM of $400 every two weeks on my paychecks. I loved my job at McDonald's. It's one of the funnest jobs I ever had.

Cons

Every McDonald's has messy workers! Like I said, I would always get a whole bunch hours. At my location, the limit was 34 hours and I would always make at least 6 hours over time, and this one young lady would always rat me out to the supervisor that was over our GM, and at one point, I got cut down to 10 HOURS! No joke. Also, keep your personal life out of the store..A young man and I were sort of dating and when word got around, so many rumors sprouted. I hear this happens at EVERY McDonald's. Also, sometimes the system is very unorganized..such as some people not getting enough hours, or sometimes the managers will favor certain employees and this might limit your hours.

Treat everyone equal. It's a business..not a high school where mess and drama is supposed to be constant.