McDonald's

Updated Jul 31, 2014

3.1 3,128 reviews

McDonald's President & CEO Don Thompson

Don Thompson

Pros
  • The best thing about working here is literally only the free food you get at break time if that (in 244 reviews)

• This being the case they have flexible hours and are willing to work around your schedule (in 199 reviews)

Cons
  • As you should expect, every crew member was at or very near the minimum wage level (in 156 reviews)

• There are very long hours that do seem to get in the way of my social life (in 104 reviews)

More Highlights
3,128 Employee Reviews

good, healthy environment

Server (Former Employee) Phenix City, AL

ProsThey had Great customer service

ConsMostly Bad attitudes with customers

Good company to work for.

Crew Member (Current Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsSet schedule (I work overnights) and full time pay. Most of the people I work with are pretty decent, except for a few

ConsBeing the only woman who's worked overnights here in 3 years, it's been difficult. There has been harassment and discrimination.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease start respecting employees no matter what your personal issues against them are.

It's a pretty legit job

Crew (Current Employee)

ProsTeamwork, real world experience, great people to work with

ConsFast-paced, management, can be stressful during a rush

Advice to Senior Managementpersonal growth

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great first job

Cashier (Former Employee) Arlington, TX

ProsGetting along with everyone is easy. It's fun, only if you try to make it that way. Discounted food. It was a great balance between work and social lives. No experience is required which is a plus. A place where you can build your experiences.

ConsLow pay of course. Some customers were very disrespectful. I felt that I worked really hard, but other people were being offered a higher position and I felt that I deserved as well. I'm not saying I wanted a career with this company but it would've been nice to get that experience to put onto my future resumes.

An amazing place to build skills.

ProsNo day is the same. There are always new challenges to set. It is very rewarding to be developed through the system and then develop those underneath you. Once a GM, you get to handle many elements of a multi-million dollar business. From retail to production to inventory to scheduling to HR to finance you will gain a great deal of transferable knowledge.

ConsWhen a company is the top in its industry, they are a target for misplaced perceptions. The stigma towards this business is unfortunate. Having been privy to a number of comparable businesses, I have found McDonald's to be a leader in quality of product and people development within its industry.

Supervising employees to ensure his quality products Handing cash ,Make deposits Supervising employees to ensure

Shift Manager (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsLeading a tea, looking greater opportunities

Consno bebefits,no holidays, no medical service

McDonald's is Good

Crew Member (Former Employee) Glendale, AZ

ProsGreat people to work with. I learned how to handle pressure and make the best of my work because the costumers are
    in your hands. I was taking orders, ringing them up and taking the cash. McDonald’s provided me with great costumer service experience

ConsWork shifts were not always the best, the managers would not give me my desired time to work just because there were too many people

Advice to Senior ManagementMake better schedules. Keep it up

good

Prosgood pay good food good people

Consnothing really challenging about this company

Advice to Senior Managementnothing, keep doing what youre doing

Accounting Supervisor

Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) Oak Brook, IL

ProsGreat people, good work life balance, great benefits, good salary, overall a great place to work.

Constakes a long time to hire staff

Advice to Senior Managementmake all departments on the same level, some benefits in other departments are better.

love the brand commited to excellence

Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) Newnan, GA

Prosgreat training, flexible, great people opportunity to advance

Consstaffing restaurant, finding quality people, pay in georgia too low

Advice to Senior Managementmake sure you get all certification completed

Worked for McDonald's? Contribute to the Community!