McFadyen Solutions

Add Photos

McFadyen Solutions President Tom McFadyen

Tom McFadyen

Great

ProsI loved the company, the people. and the great atmosphere.

ConsThere was a lot of work associated with the job.

ATG Consultant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat People to work with.

ConsSomtimes at clientside long working hrs

The Best company I have worked for! I always recommend it to my friends.

Principal Consultant (Current Employee)
    Vienna, VA

ProsMcFadyen works very hard to provide an awesome work environment for its people. They also strive to be a reliable employer. They put their employees first. When other employers lay off in droves, McFadyen hangs on, relying on cash they have consistently put away for the inevitable economic recession.

The culture is very easygoing. The people and management are excellent. It's technically challenging but company hires only the smartest in the industry who loves these challenges so the job satisfaction rate is very high. Some companies say they encourage work-life balance, but McFadyen Solutions lives it. Of course there are long working hours during the crunch time but that's everywhere isn't it?

Mcfadyen Solutions has built an incredibly special culture that is down to earth, collegial, supportive, intellectually stimulating, and just out right fun. I absolutely love coming to work here and truly miss the office and our people when I'm away. That's a rarity and something I cherish each day

ConsYes, you'll have to average more than 50 hours a week. It varies from Project to Project, across managers and stage the projects are in. But most managers will try to be as accommodating as possible for personal commitments, vacation days, making sure you have a life outside of work and that you don't burn out.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall extremely happy, senior leadership is truly phenomenal at this company. The way management encourages employees for training and certifications with predetermined bonuses and raises, is commendable. However, management should increase the bench strength and reduce the hiring cycle.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

One of the BEST places to work

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsPros – 1. Very challenging work
    2. Sharp & smart people around
    3. Compensation and Benefits - best in the industry. Pay masters compared to their competitors
    4. nice learning facilities in the company - Company trainings, sponsored Certifications etc.
    5. Collaborative work environment, recognition opportunities are endless

ConsCons – Sometime the project deadlines are aggressive and one might need to stretch and your work life balance might get a bit of hit.

Small company with exciting small contracts that will never enter the big league

Web Integration Consultant (Former Employee)
    Vienna, VA

ProsIf you want to learn ATG (thats the technology they focus on).
    If you want to fight fires and learn a lot in the process.

ConsThe company never grows. Its been stuck at the same size for the last 10 years. Other companies in the same category have gone through booms, gained massive contracts, increased head count, etc. However McFadyen has been stuck at the same size for the last 10 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to have a longer term vision, and if its there then its a really bad one. The company is completely stagnant. Focus on quality and project management rather than being a code shop. I'm sure the management already knows this (its been 10 years of the same old same old after all) however they lack the capabilities to grow.

Very good place to work

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
    Thiruvananthapuram (India)

ProsCan maintain balance between work and personal lives. Highly talented group of individuals. Great atmosphere.

ConsPerks are there, but so partial with the Indian team. Lack of good hr policies

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease adopt the the employee management of lauded models rather than typical Indian employment culture.

A vibrant, dynamic and challenging company to work for

Marketing Consultant (Current Employee)
    Thiruvananthapuram (India)

ProsMcFadyen always focus on employee well-being , which is evident in its flexible work timings, dress code and the recreational facilities at the office. It also provides the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment and challenging work that will make you a world-class professional

ConsMcFadyen needs to improve its visibility among prospective employees as the great work atmosphere is little known to the outside world

Worked for McFadyen Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McFadyen Solutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for McFadyen Solutions CEO Tom McFadyen . All 7 reviews posted anonymously by McFadyen Solutions employees.