McGladrey LLP Reviews

418 reviews filtered by

Don't do it

Former Employee - Associate in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Associate in Chicago, IL

I worked at McGladrey LLP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The office is in a nice building and great location

Cons

The culture is absolutely terrible. It is a dog-eat-dog environment. Lot's of backstabbing and gossip behind people's backs. You cannot trust anyone or believe anything people say. They overwork and deplorably underpay you.

My advice is too valuable to freely give to this company.

Nothing special

Former Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at McGladrey LLP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Standard corporate consulting firm, you'll get some good experience to land a job somewhere else.

Cons

Very little employee engagement, limited growth opportunities, too much focus on billable goals.

Disorganized

Current Employee - Intern - Hourly in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Intern - Hourly in Chicago, IL

I have been working at McGladrey LLP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Looks great on your resume to have such a big company that you have worked for. I know it will possibly be the help I need for future job choices. I get no benefits, had minimum training, and because "i'm still in college" I do not qualify. I would only take a job here if you are offered a permenate possition when you are starting.

Cons

I have had minimum training on my work and I am treated as if I dont know how to do my own job even though I have worked hard to learn everything I needed to know. I do not get any benefits from the company because I am a full-time temp employee, even though i have been here for over a year. I was told that when i graduate college we would "discuss" the possibility of becoming a permenate employee, but there is someone who has graduated in May and he has yet to even recieve a raise and he was promised a permenate possition the 4 years he has been working here. I would only recommend this company if you are planning to find some other form of employment but just need a job to pay the bills.

The management needs to learn how to be proper manager. They all need to go back to school to learn how to actually be leaders of the company. The manager over me constantly takes his frustration with the company out on those who are unfortunite enough to work under him. There is a MAJOR issue of favoritism here.

Beginnings of a great career

Current Employee - Audit Associate in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Audit Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at McGladrey LLP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The client opportunities and work experience allows you to develop your personal skillset and take pride in your work. Partners and Directors are always open-door and are great to work with. Employees work with you to help you develop, and the mentor program is great. Overall, outstanding morale at the company. Great training and professional development opportunities.

Cons

Benefits could need some improvement

Look into compensation and benefits in comparison to Big 4. Other than that, keep doing what you're doing.

6. Assurance Associate

Former Employee - Assurance Associate in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Assurance Associate in Boston, MA

I worked at McGladrey LLP full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Learning opportunities, knowing your trajectory, a handful of good people who care about you and your career

Cons

It's public accounting, now matter how they try to differentiate themselves from the Big 4. Long hours, miserable people, and sometimes you're stuck with horrible teams. Because you start in a 'class,' it can sometimes be high school with the cliques, gossip and drama. If you don't fit into the mold, it can be rough.

Hire more seniors so that they can focus on developing staff. Make it worthwhile to stay there.

7. Great experience but long hours and travel.

Former Intern - Risk Advisory
    Former Intern - Risk Advisory

I worked at McGladrey LLP as an intern (more than a year)

Pros

great resume builder. Pubic accounting firm experience is highly sought after in the job markets

Cons

work life balance and travel

8. My experience at Mcgladrey was great for a contract job.

I worked at McGladrey LLP

Pros

The best values of working at mcgladrey was getting a inside look on how everyone operates in the firm and gaining the experience.

Cons

No Balance even as a contract worker, during tax season i was working 12hr shifts everyday slaving and doing what tax associates should be doing. The talent acquisitions like to recruit outside the firm before they even think about refering a intern or some one thats under contract.

accommodate more interns and contract workers with postions.

9. Not a good experience

I have been working at McGladrey LLP

Pros

Huge firm, has many resources

Cons

My internship consisted of a frustrating struggle to find things to do.

10. Good Place to Start Your Career

Current Employee - Consulting Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Consulting Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at McGladrey LLP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Lots of growth and exposure to many clients

Cons

Management is a bit disorganized

Learned a lot, but advancement was limited/blocked.

Former Employee - Tax Director
    Former Employee - Tax Director

I worked at McGladrey LLP full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good flexibility. Dynamic group. Good marketplace recognition. People in my office group were very friendly. National level talent in technical areas.

Cons

Promotion opportunity was limited and seemed like a moving target. Compensation was at least 25% below market. It may have been close when I started but was not accelerated as quickly as the market. I left for a 35% increase. It bothered me that the company could get rid of partners with 25-30 years with the firm so readily.

Don't lose track of market value for people who have been with the firm. You will have to replace them at market, why not keep the ones you rate well in performance reviews?