McGraw Insurance Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.4
Mike Mc Graw

Aim the claims department ways be willing to learn new things & have very thick skin to deal with a lot of stress.

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at McGraw Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Claims was a great place to learn and grow individually. A lot of industry knowledge throughout the company. If you can make it here you can make it anywhere. Great people to work with usually were not managers.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations. Case loads were next to impossible to manage without having overtime which was refused. Toxic, abusive work environment. Management does not utilize team member feedback. Impersonal treatment of employees. Do not feel valued as an employee. There is huge turnover due to I believe employee mistreatment & unrealistic expectations.

Advice to Management

Become more oriented with team members. Invest more into the employees. Make the work environment more positive and healthy. Employees that do not have a voice will continue to leave. Make sure systems work before they are implemented or rolled out to the company. Claims relies on the services to work properly to help our customers. If our systems are inefficient then we cannot service the needs of our customers when they have claims. Complaints will go down when management does their job better. Stop blaming the claims adjusters for all the problems.

Run, don't walk from McGraw

Current Employee - Customer Service in Anaheim Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Anaheim Hills, CA

I have been working at McGraw Insurance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

McGraw does provide a decent 401(k) package, although you are required to work there for ten years to be fully vested. They also started charging $300 a year service fee on their retirement accounts.

Cons

A toxic work environment, sweat-shop conditions, abusive management, nepotism, and general disrespect for their employees makes McGraw the worst company I have worked for in over 30 years. Dealing with the policyholders and brokers was the worst part of the job, since it was an endless stream of valid complaints against the company.

Advice to Management

I would appeal to the shareholders to remove the CEO and replace all management in the Anaheim office with qualified and professional individuals, but the company is family owned and poorly run even at the corporate level.

3. Group insurance sales are becoming more difficult

Current Employee - Insurance Sales
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales

I have been working at McGraw Insurance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There is more opportunity thane ever before in the Voluntary Market

Cons

Group health benefits are becoming more difficult to sell

5. it was okay

Current Employee - N/A
    Current Employee - N/A

Pros

401k , benefits PPO, the manager

Cons

too strict and alot of micro managing, doesnt care enough about employees

Advice to Management

better computer system, programmers

RSS Feed </> Embed