McGregor Boyall Associates

Updated October 24, 2014
4.2

Laurie Boyall

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Excellent place to start your career and learn from some of the best in the City

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at McGregor Boyall Associates full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I am regularly called by Rec2Rec’s about new opportunities with my “competitors”, but I have no reason to leave McGregor Boyall as I thoroughly enjoy working here; they have the brand, the clients, a solid database with access to Linkedin Recruiter, which is a great tool and the pay / commission is very good (Once you’re up and running)! Plus, I work with some of the best consultants in the City and there is a good atmosphere with monthly awards for “target hitters” and team lunches at the best restaurants in London for teams who hit target over the quarter (They’re ALWAYS a good laugh).
    From day one there is promotion transparency - you know exactly what you need to do to work your way up the ladder and progress your career. I started as a Resourcer and am now a Principal Consultant.

Cons

The culture is sometimes a little too relaxed, but if you are someone who works well without someone breathing down your neck 24/7, then McGregor Boyall is a great place to work!

Look after your staff!

Former Employee - Resourcer in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Resourcer in London, England (UK)

I worked at McGregor Boyall Associates full-time (less than an year)

Pros

A brilliant team and some individually great people. A good commission structure as a resourcer. It was great not to have telephone calls monitored or be given ridiculous KPI's like most other Recruitment companies.

Cons

Being made to work long hours but I guess this is the same in all Recruitment companies. The progression from Resourcer to Consultant was very slow and poorly managed. It was like they were keeping you back on purpose so they didn't have to pay you more money. Managers tell you how well you are doing and give you A LOT of extra responsibility but then don't give you any rewards in return. It's like they employ junior people to get all the money they can out of them and then expect them to leave... and the cycle begins again.

Make sure you look after your employees more or the turnover will continue to soar! The senior team may have been there a long time but most employees at entry level leave after a year.

The best recruitment company I have worked for!!!!

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at McGregor Boyall Associates full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Well I was there for 6 years and all I can say is that I made a massive error in leaving. Great people, MD has an open door policy, people stay there for 10 years or so, fantastic family feel to the environment, doesn't have all of the rubbish phone times and crap kpi's but has a qualitative outlook which is refreshing. Having worked at 6 other recruitment companies it is by far the best.

Cons

It is like every recruitment company, sales environment which can be tough anywhere you go.

Don't change. Stay as you are, fair and true to each individual employee.

Overall a great place to work

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at McGregor Boyall Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

McGregor Boyall is an excellent company for both experienced Recruitment Consultants and anyone new to the industry looking to develop a career. They give you the opportunity to succeed in an environment that is both friendly and supportive. The training programmes are excellent, and outside of this the general level of industry knowledge within the company is second to none. The friendly atmosphere created ensures that consultants work together and share knowledge to achieve mutual success.

Cons

There can be some late nights, but no more so than any other recruitment company.

None

Rewarding career based employer in the recruitment industry

Former Employee - Associate Director in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Associate Director in London, England (UK)

I worked at McGregor Boyall Associates full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I was lucky enough to have spent a rewarding 8 years with McGregor Boyall progressing from Jnr consultant through to Associate Director. Every step of the way I was offered guidance and support by my immediate boss and the management team. The firms meritocratic approach gives talented staff the tools to build their career and bank balance without limitation. If you are a decent recruiter you will succeed here - FACT

Cons

Occasional long hours (If you don't like that change career)

Mo Money Mo Problems!

Dont Even Think About It!

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at McGregor Boyall Associates full-time

Pros

Nothing was good about this place.

Cons

Awful management, no training, unhappy staff, high staff turnover and no social events!