McKean Defense Group

Be The First To
Add Photos

A Great Experience!

I have been working at McKean Defense Group full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMcKean is a growing company that still maintains the "family" appeal of a small and more intimate employer. There is a concerted effort from ownership and high level management to do right by their employees and keep the lines of communication open. I have been with McKean for over 3 years and am very happy.

ConsAs others have mentioned, working for a government contractor isn't always the most secure career path. And salaries are lower now than in the past several years. But I believe that's a commentary on the industry, rather than McKean as a company.

Excellent entrance company into the defense industry

I have been working at McKean Defense Group full-time for more than a year

ProsExcellent culture and opportunities. The managers work to make you a valuable asset to the contracts and there are many paid educational opportunities

ConsUpward mobility turns to lateral mobility. There is no clear career path. Your value is based on the contract you are part of.

Advice to Senior ManagementFInd more opportunities for upward mobility and transitional opportunities to other contracts when they become available

Non-Engineering jobs here are a joke

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

I worked at McKean Defense Group full-time for less than a year

ProsThe company is great to work for if you have a Naval Engineering Degree, want to work a lot, and don't require a high salary. There are a lot of opportunities here for new graduates too which provide a "foot in the door" for young engineers.

ConsAny job that is not an engineering job here is a total joke... the administrative positions are poorly managed and everyone treats you like you are their personal assistant. I am a career professional with 10 years of experience and a college degree and I was treated like I was a teenager with a minimum wage job. They also do a terrible job at watching their managers.. they are one step away from a sexual harassment lawsuit with the way they let their male employees and contractors treat the women here.

Advice to Senior ManagementStand up to bad managers.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The company takes care of the workforce with great pay and benefits.

Military Business Analyst (Former Employee)
San Diego, CA

I worked at McKean Defense Group full-time for more than a year

ProsGood benefits.
401k
Medical and dental benefits

ConsNeed to develope workforce for next level in the job market.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo Provide mentorship within the company.

Business Process/Reporting Method improvement consultant, Maintenance and Engineering Department of US Navy Pacific

Military Business Analyst (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

I have been working at McKean Defense Group as a contractor for more than a year

ProsWonderful company to work for

ConsContract work, low job security.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore communication with the lower level employees. Project Managers seemed to have their own agenda.

McKean is a top notch employer!

Instructor (Current Employee)
Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at McKean Defense Group full-time for more than a year

ProsVery organized company. Owners down to lower level Management seem to care and take the time to know their emplyees.

ConsOver a year working with the company and have not found a bad practice yet.

Worked for McKean Defense Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McKean Defense Group reviews and ratings. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by McKean Defense Group employees.