McKesson

McKesson Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Updated Jul 21, 2014

McKesson Chairman, President, and CEO John H. Hammergren

John H. Hammergren

Pros
  • They also support a work-life balance and provided flexibility for family/personal life (in 42 reviews)

• Very flexible and will allow you to work from home several days a week (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Pay, Work-life balance can be tough to achieve if you are a salaried employee (in 22 reviews)

• Upper management limits middle management from creating a functional work environment (in 28 reviews)

More Highlights
70 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Working at McKesson was a trying yet rewarding experience.

Material Handler (Former Employee) Duluth, GA

ProsThe pay is good. Employee benefits from everything such as health insurance to Roth ira to stock purchase are great. Room for growth in the company and just knowing that your job saves lives is an excellent feeling.

ConsSometimes the people that you work with can be a bit on the negative side and tend to act extremely childish at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementEngage work your employees.

McKesson provices an opportunity to learn about technology and healthcare.

Solution Consultant (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsThe people at McKesson are very nice and encouraging. McKesson is like working with family.

ConsNot the best raises and not a lot of women in upper management.

I was given the opportunity to grow my career from Accounting to Sales Operations.

Manager of Sales Operations & Project Management (Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsThe people & benefits kept me at McKesson for 20 yrs.

ConsCertain divisions of McKesson are going through major pain points as the core products have well past their maturity.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work considering it's a huge corporate environment

Senior Applications Support Analyst (Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsI loved the teamwork with fellow co-workers. Strong leadership kept the team focused and also provided what was coming down the path. They also support a work-life balance and provided flexibility for family/personal life.

Conssince I was working in a contractor role, I was not able to transition to a full time position as there was not one available. Compensation was almost half of contract pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider moving full time folks who are less productive to make room for contractors who want to work full time and benefit the business unit.

Long term employee effected by reduction in staff has confidence in the company and its ability to refocus.

Senior Applications Support Analyst (Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsCompany is large and has a breadth of product which allows for opportunities to change roles and gain knowledge in many areas. There are great opportunities for success and longevity.

ConsIts strength is its challenge , Size. Decisions must pass through many layers leaving lower management with extremely limited decision making abilities. Currently, struggling in some areas with communication and balancing the consolidation of business units.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe sure not to forget about the actual employee. Lower management needs to stay connected to their teams and ensure groups are working together and communications are consistently distributed.

Excellent, Exciting

Staging Engineer (Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsI enjoyed working here. I would have loved to continue my career here.

ConsThe only "con" is that My contract expired .

Great Company To Work For

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsVery concerned about a healthy work life balance. Excellent benefits. Very knowledable employees.

ConsLayoffs twice a year which keep people stressed.

Software Quality Control Manager

Software Quality (Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsGreat Benefits. good bonus potential

ConsUnorganized, inept management, team members are allowed to do nothing

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention

Not the Company culture you want

Director of Ops (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsLarge company, decent benefits but expensive

ConsHard work Is not recognized, upper management get huge bonus every year and hourly workers are lucky to get 1.5 percent raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Don't make decisions in a vacuum.

Great People, good management, a place everyone seems to like to work

Senior Director IT (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

Prosflexible hours, flexible locations, WFH plans, reasonable pay

Conslong hours, no special benefits, healthcare, no great vacation plan, no vacation carry over, use it or lose it plan, except for headquarters and other CA locations

Worked for McKesson? Contribute to the Community!