McKesson

McKesson Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

McKesson Chairman, President, and CEO John H. Hammergren

John H. Hammergren

Pros
  • They also support a work-life balance and provided flexibility for family/personal life(in 42 reviews)

• Very flexible and will allow you to work from home several days a week(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Pay, Work-life balance can be tough to achieve if you are a salaried employee(in 22 reviews)

• Upper management limits middle management from creating a functional work environment(in 28 reviews)

Satisfying but hard work

Material Handler (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGreat co-workers. Dedicated to their job. Management works well together to accomplish goals. Satisfying to know your work is helping someone in need

ConsTough work/life balance. Never know how long your day will be. Company is very big so it's hard to make your voice heard

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep employees in the loop about important decisions and listen to what they have to say.

Good Company, Great Product, Too much process and paperwork

Implementation Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Software, Great people, fair compensation, Good work/life balance. I would go back for the right opportunity.

ConsIf you're great at your job, you may have trouble getting promoted. There's a lot of internal process and paperwork and more micromanagement than one should have to endure.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your employees do the job you hired them for. The micromanagement and paperwork are morale killers. Go back to salaries and you'll save money or quit worrying about OT and improve job performance. You can't have both.

Exciting and Challenging

Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsInnovative leader in the healthcare industry. Excellence is a true value of the organization. Learning opportunities to maintain skillsets are very good. Telecommuting opportunities are offered in positions where appropriate.

ConsWork-life balance can be a challenge.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove quicker to make decisions.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Support Analyst

Customer Support Analyst (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsI enjoyed the fact that they were innovative. Always looking for ways to improve customer relations.

ConsUpper level management did not seem open to ideas of general population.

Fun group of people!

Senior Software Eng (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsThe learning experience is quite formidable, but well covered. You are given time to learn, with classwork.

ConsRapidly shifting landscape as the healthcare industry shifts and things within the companies are changing.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave some internal meetings with people that know how to do the job. Ask them questions and listen.

Floundering Company

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Durham, NC

ProsSmall teams, clear delineation of duties, very laid back atmosphere.

ConsThere is an organization change once every three months and each time they change the name and roles of the business unit. This company has no clue how to compete with the likes of Epic and Cerna. They are in the process of liquidating their previous flagship product in place of one they acquired, and that includes ending the employment of their development team working on the previous solution. There will be more layoffs in the future, I'm certain.

I heard the benefits are lacking compared to other Fortune 500 companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementI understand why you need to consolidate solutions, but when you layoff employees when you are still supporting and upgrading the older solutions, then you are asking for customer dissatisfaction. Good luck with that.

Paragon Implementation Consultant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits are excellent. Opportunities are there as long as your current department supports you

Consmanagement leaves mentor's decision process to build your success.

Not the Company culture you want

Director of Ops (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsLarge company, decent benefits but expensive

ConsHard work Is not recognized, upper management get huge bonus every year and hourly workers are lucky to get 1.5 percent raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Don't make decisions in a vacuum.

Senior Applications Developer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay, fair bonuses, great employees, nice location.

ConsBenefits went down hill, more concerned about the bottom line, no work-life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart caring for the employees' lives. Stop sending jobs overseas.

Not too bad, maybe a little too corporate.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsGreat working environment, competitive pay, HR is very helpful

ConsBad health insurance, not enough care for the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more care in hiring the right people for the job you are looking to fill

Worked for McKesson? Contribute to the Community!