McKesson Information Solutions

Be The First To
Add Photos

McKesson Information Solutions President John H. Hammergren

John H. Hammergren

Pros
  • Work life balance is up to you as the employee (in 10 reviews)

• Can work from home in some jobs (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is something that is constantly a battle, and there is next-to-no potential for career growth (in 8 reviews)

• Lots of turnover at the senior management level (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Nationwide cooperation lacking, but otherwise good place.

Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) Roseville, MN

ProsSeverance, compensation, PTO, safe work environment.

ConsInter-office cooperation, professional development, constant organizational changes create fatigue.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more stable.

A Great Place To Work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat management. Very good environment. People are encouraged to share ideas and opinions without fear. Very good pay. Great work life balance. Excellent benefits.

ConsTechnology in some areas is a bit behind, especially for such a big company. This may prove to be a negative when trying to market products. Also no time or money to explore new technologies, and do new development.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open to exploring options to develop new products with new technology. This keeps the people working there in that area feeling good about their careers.

I had a wonderful experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe benefits are top-notch and the office culture is very team-oriented. The time-off policies are as expected for an IT company. Training is limited to their own products and vendor training is tough to get hold of.

ConsWork/life balance is something that is constantly a battle, and there is next-to-no potential for career growth. It is common to be asked to work outside of your role due to no job descriptions or role/responsibility definitions.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement can do better with job descriptions as this would seed improvements for both promotions and growth. There seems to be a very rigid way of aligning current talent with current roles, and no paradigm for matching talent/skills with other opportunities in the company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I enjoy the people I work with and the team I am assigned. My Supervisor is one of few I would recommend to work under.

A/R Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) Clinton Township, MI

ProsJob experience, flexible work hours, paid time off, medical benefits, no weekends, no holidays

Conslow wages, not many opportunities for advancement.

Advice to Senior Managementre-evaluate employee pay, stop hiring family and relatives (too many employees are related)

Great company to work for

ProsCulture is employee focused, lots of room for career growth. There is always some reorganization on but that is the case of any large company. Work life balance is up to you as the employee.

ConsIt is bigger than the titanic so can be complex and difficult to navigate.

Learned a lot about the nature of the business

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood salary and smart people to work with. Old, stable company.

ConsOld facility, and working environment where it is very hard to advance. You need to join some click to go climb the latter in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more opportunities for advancement in the company.

Another BIG American company with all the usual pros and cons

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros#1. Education Benefits - the company spends serious $$ on training content/systems and their is an $8k / year that anyone could access to pay tuition towards "job relevant" education
    #2. People in the front lines (and a few in management) - the BIG name attracts top talent to the front line roles. It's a pleasure and greatly beneficial to work in such an environment despite the management snafu's that hold people back.

Cons#1. Most managers are either 'shark tank" alum or washed up rif-raff OR both. The higher in the hierarchy, the truer this gets.
    #2. Too big - which means that some things, no matter how stupid - are deeply entrenched and no one wants to question them.
    #3. If you are already in the company, after a while, it is best to leave and come back later i you are looking for more money. Once you get to a certain level the salary bands and job families (Hay method) triggers diminishing returns.

Advice to Senior ManagementNever mind. They won't take it any way - being so full of it.

Great place to work if you are highly motivated

Account Manager (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsPeople and collaboration are good. The office environment is nice to work. Professionalism is very important and is a key ethical requirement. Management holds high standards and will make sure you are surrounded by equally qualified individuals. Teamwork is evident and essential there.

ConsTypical corporate structure challenges, vertical movement can be difficult. A lot of different products and solutions that don't always interact with each other. There is a lot of dysfunction in that regard due to acquisitions and consolidations. Not a good place for taking a easy Friday.

Account Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLarge corporation with financial resources from pharmaceuticals to help fund their information solutions side of the business. Strong sales force.

ConsSlow to react to the healthcare changes and sell software that has not kept up with the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the software side of the business and concentrate on expanding your pharma footprint.

I could not have been treated better

Vice President (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsCompensation, cross divisional opportunities to grown your career, stability, and high integrity

ConsStill developing strategy post discontinuing Horizon and still working on efficient cross divisional work

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Worked for McKesson Information Solutions? Contribute to the Community!